“Great atmosphere”

Soho
Ranked #15 of 60 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese Bistro that serves Sushi, Teppanyaki, have lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Make your reservations early. We went on a Saturday evening, which was a last minute plan, and got reservations at 7:30pm which wasn't too bad. My husband, our son and his girlfriend, and I went and spent $170.00 including a tip. Quite pricey. We had 3 appetizer's and no alcoholic drinks. We did feel a little rushed and the waitress was kind of rude. Food was great.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

i have been to Japanese steak houses around the country and this one is not one of the best as far as presentation go, the chef's could do alot more from what i have seen at other places but the taste is right on, the yum yum sauce is perfect as is the salads and the soups and the sushi is beyond wonderful.

i say 10/10 on the food taste and presentation
2/10 on the chef's at the grill doing amazing moves while they cook your food infront of you

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Would never recommend this restuarant to any one.

We had dinner at this well decorated restaurant. Food was good, service was good, till the time it came to pay the bill. One of the dishes we ordered was vegetarian spring rolls. One of the spring rolls had shrimp in it - mine. I did not eat mine and pointed it out to our server. We did not ask for a replacement serving, but were served with a replacement plate of rolls, which was consumed.

The server charged us for both. When we pointed it out, he said that you ate it, so you have to pay for it. When we said we did not order a shrimp roll, he said this ... "Don't you realize it is a shrimp roll when you take a bite?".

Was extremely surprised and disappointed at the way the server was treating his customers. So we asked to speak to the manager, and the manager also sided with his employee rather than just apologize, and let us be on our way.

After the conversation, with the manager, we still had to wait for around 5-10 minutes while they were processing our credit cards. I had to eventually walk over to the cash register to sign the credit card slip and retrieve my credit card.

The cost of the dish in dispute was just $6, but the insult and embarassment was priceless. Watch out!!!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Staff is always pleasant and the teppenyaki is very tasty. Their sushi is amazing but can on occasion be a bit soggy as if the roll isn't freshly rolled. Great place for parties and groups...

Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

As a chef and a connoisseur of fine dinning, their sushi did not meet my expectations. Have eaten there on multiple occasions since they opened and have been very disappointed every time. A limited variety of sushi consisting of 6 very common ingredients, which is basically mix and match to come up with rolls that all sound the same. Add a different ingredient, call it a new roll. Was not impressed at all! The size of the rolls where pretty small for the price. Speaking of prices, their web page says one price and you get there it's more money. One time I asked to speak with the manager and was told that there is no manager working right now. Well I happened to know someone who works there; asked them if there was a manager and she said yes and got him. Wasn't helpful at all. I never complain unless I really feel there is a need to say something. As a chef I take many things into consideration, but I've eating there enough times over since they've been open to say I will not ever go back. I belive Soho is for the uneducated, wealthy consumer who doesn't understand true japanese cousine or sushi. Everyone has different taste buds and expectations when they go out to eat, Soho just did not meet mine. The best sushi around the South Bend area is Matuba in my personal opinion. It's the complete opposite of Soho. Hope this was helpfull.

Been to Soho? Share your experiences!