“Dessert, dessert, dessert”
Review of Yesterdays

Yesterdays
Reserve with OpenTable
Yesterdays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food: Big plates, very big, not specials, but will not be bad. You may order starters, but you will have a hard time finishing the dessert, which is the specialty. Do not miss the desserts. In fact, maybe just order different types of desserts instead of food.
Service: If it´s during a football game or graduation, get ready to wait, even with reservations.Food also takes a while, but the staff is quite friendly
Location: It is a bit hidden and the place looks worn-down but I enjoyed that, since it made it look kitsch.

Place is kitsch, so being worn down adds some

1  Thank Hgmnz

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Yesterdays never disappointed, until our last visit. Service was good but the quality of food was not up to par and the building is looking a bit tattered. Nothing horrible to report but it appears that overall caliber of this establishment may be slipping. Let's hope some improvements are forthcoming, onward and upward!

1  Thank CivilWarTraveller
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were back to Yesterdays for a family dinner on a Sunday. Being Mothers Day the restaurant was 75% full while we were there yet we experienced very slow service. It took almost a half hour to get our salad order out once we ordered. It was another half hour before our meals showed up. All the food was great but waiting forever for it to come tends to put a damper on what should be an enjoyable time. Six of us ordered desert and fifteen minutes later three were brought to the table and it was at least another ten minutes to the other three diners got their deserts; who wants to eat in shifts? Would still come back as my steak was outstanding but they really need to do something about the slow service out of the kitchen.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I randomly went to Yesterday's last Friday night because a friend kept telling us it was their favorite restaurant. We weren't celebrating anything and had no time constraints on our meal. The meal in total took about 2.5 hours. Food took a little while but we were enjoying each other's company so we didn't mind as much. I could see how people could get upset by the wait. I guess most people come to this place for special events like birthdays/anniversaries/etc. because they put a big obnoxious hat on you, sing to you and take your picture (which is then place randomly on dining tables). Glad we didn't have to do that!!!

We started the meal with the Roasted Garlic appetizer but were confused as to how to eat it. Someone had to come over and show us how you flip the large garlic bunches over and use two forks to squeeze the garlicky goodness out. Then remove the pulp and mix it all up with the cheese and oil to make a dip. The dip could've used a bit more cheese but overall pretty good!

The hubster had the special which was an almond and coconut crusted Haddock and I had the French Dip. Both were delicious and my side of waffle fries were perfection! The dip was also very flavorful.

We had the Almond Joy Coconut Crème Pie and it was divine!!! It held up as leftovers for 2 days straight, too- it's like magic what they do with that whipped crème!

Overall, good food, huge portions and funny waiters! The captain rocks!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I went to Yesterday’s for our wedding anniversary. We were there about fifteen years ago on a New Year’s Eve and maybe one or two other times before that date. Nothing seemed to have changed in the way of décor; I don’t know if that is good or bad but it is a hodge-podge of knick knacks all over the walls and my guess 40’s-50’s background music. Restaurants with Christmas light hanging on the walls in April tend to be a turn off for us.

We were one of probably four tables occupied during the six pm time period. We were originally seated at a table a few feet from the bar and asked to be moved to a quieter location. That table location is usually presented when all the other tables are occupied. The waitress gladly moved us to another room. I had specifically requested a quiet table when making my reservation.

The meal itself was very good as was the service. We had a very pleasant and accommodating waitress. We started off with a house salad for me and the Caesar salad for my wife; both were generous in size and tasty. A small loaf of bread with butter was put on the table along with the salads. My wife ordered the prime rib and I had the 10oz Filet. Both were served at the requested degree of temperature and were very tender.

I loved my steak but my wife felt the prime rib tasted like it was sitting around for a while and she would order something else on our next visit. I had the mashed potato and she had the baked. I had coffee with my meal and my cup was constantly refilled without having to ask.

The entire meal was well presented. Yesterday’s is famous for its generous deserts but we ended up taking our pie home as both were full from the meal. I had the coconut cream and she had the key lime. We got a lot of food for the money and will be back again in the near future. Overall I have to rate my meal outstanding as well as the service. This is a restaurant that could use a visit from the Restaurant Makeover show only for the decor.

Been to Yesterdays? Share your experiences!