“Always a Favorite”

Red Roof Inn Mishawaka - Notre Dame
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Granger
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is our go to place to stay when coming to the Mishawaka area to visit relatives. I have been staying here for close to 12 years now.
We travel with 2 small dogs and the staff is always accommodating to them with no extra pet fee.
Pros: The staff is always pleasant and helpful. Even going so far as to help accommodate us having to come in for a family emergency during a Notre Dame game weekend. They allowed us to use the breakfast room for an impromptu birthday party one year, and we even had a family Christmas gift exchange in there one nasty icy year as well!
The sheets and linens are always clean and rooms smell fresh. The bathrooms are clean even in the corners. Wi fi is pretty good. Television station selections are not too bad. I personally would like to see more expanded cable selections, but they do include some of my personal favorites with what they have. Flat screen TVs.
Nice laundry room clean and easy to find.
Good pricing especially for families.
Coffee available 24 he's a day.
Nice lobby with fireplace.
The cons: The hotel does need a huge facelift. Carpets in public areas are stained and looking frayed and shabby. Wallpaper in halls are loose in some spots Outlets in rooms are loose. Some lampshades are cracked and yellowed, and fluorescent bulbs do not give out enough light.
Open front toilet seats tend to pinch and don't fit snugly. Furniture in rooms getting a bit shabby.
No pool and no large breakfast. Only continental.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Not much to say here. Old, tired room. Dirty carpeting in the foyer upon entering. Sorry excuse for a breakfast. It was pretty cheap…got what we paid for. Heard the traffic - mostly trucks - on the highway all night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janconover
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed here because of great experiences at other Red Roofs and because it is pet friendly. As this was graduation weekend at Notre Dame, the price for one night was 2 and half times what we are used to paying at a Red Roof ($200). For that, I expected at least what I am used to at a Red Roof - spartan, clean, basic comfort, and well decorated. Instead what we found was a mediocre place that had once in the not too distant past been a Best Western (based on a branded tray in the bathroom). The first room we were given had been smoked in and the manager was very accommodating in giving us another. Rooms were large but the furniture was old and dark. Not up to Red Roof standards. The bed was so-so and again, not what we had experienced in so many other Red Roofs. Nice surprise not available at other Red Roofs was a continental breakfast. In all, this hotel does not yet deserve the brand it wears and the value for the money was poor. And we didn't even have the dog with us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently and was disappointed with my stay. The carpet is dirty, towels and gray and paper thin, bed is rock hard and the whole place felt dirty. The breakfast is horrible. I stayed here because of some construction work but would never stay here with my family or spouse. Although it was a value for the price, I would not stay here again. The people were very friendly and accommodating but the physical structure needs a lot of work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Staff is extremely friendly and the rooms are very nice. I was very happy with the stay, for the price. They have a free breakfast with a very nice selection, free coffee any time of the day, and vending machines etc.. The room is cleaned everyday unless you hang the do not disturbed sign out. I would recommend staying here for the money. It's worth it. The hotel does not have a pool. It is right across the street from a Ruth's Chris Steak house and about 3 minutes from a huge Mall.
Great place.

Room Tip: Any room in my opinion is fine. I've stayed here several times and never had a bad experience or...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

The red roof was about what we expected for a cheap roadside place. Worn carpets and thin sheets, but reasonably clean. Staff was fine. Seemed nice and nothing went amiss

Breakfast was the usual for a place of this sort. A selection of pastries in plastic wrap, toast and styrofoam coffee.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was very happy with my stay at the red roof inn the staff is friendly and the rooms are great I was very pleased .i give them outstanding review I would tell my friends and family to stay here if they are in this area

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Onthemove40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granger
Comfort Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN
Sleep Inn South Bend
Sleep Inn South Bend
#13 of 30 in South Bend

Been to Red Roof Inn Mishawaka - Notre Dame? Share your experiences!