“Good romantic dining.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
“Good romantic dining.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I really enjoy dining at Carnegie's, and we recently took advantage of a Groupon deal so the dinner was even more affordable. The meals are always good and the atmosphere is on the romantic side with secluded corners of the restaurant that are perfect for a nice quiet meal. We especially like the Beef Tenderloin Medallions and usually have creme brulee for desert. We have never had a meal there we didn't like.

• Visited July 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Small town upscale restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Upscale restaurant in a small town. In the basement of old library .....nice atmosphere for dinner except dark - could use a little more light. Pianist a nice touch.
Very pleasant service -accommodating. A bit slow initially but then excellent service.

Limited menu, expecially if looking for a light dinner. Expensive ($23-35/entree). Not for children.

Steak with stuffed potato and vegs good but not outstanding. Might have liked it better without the sauce - but I have very simple food tastes.
Stuffed chicken very good.

Dark chocolate covered strawberries a nice treat at the end of the meal even though we were too full after dinner to order dessert.

Would recommend if looking for a non-fast food restaurant in the area.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Indygogo11
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Worth the Trip from Indianapolis to Greenfield, IN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Chef Ian is a master! Salmon and asparagus done to perfection. Fresh salad greens artistically arranged and prepared fresh from Chef's garden. Definitely have the red pepper soup, outstanding. My husband loved the mushroom soup and the beef medallions.

Wine choices were very good. Great choices for desert. I had the rhubarb compote over homemade gelato. My husband had the desert sampler. My friend had Julia Child's Cherry Clafouti and the taste I had was heaven. Food is excellent, artistic presentation. You would pay a lot more money for this meal in Indianapolis. Well worth the drive.

Be prepared to climb downstairs of the old Historic Library, but worth it!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Palestine, Indiana
“Couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding reception/dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I first fell in love with the atmosphere. Chef Ian was very personable. Our reception dinner was delicious. My husband loved the dessert. I had multiple guests ask me how I found this place and they couldn't wait to come back. My neighbors even want to have their sons reception at Carnegie's. Thank You Carnegie's for a great dinner and wedding memories.

• Visited July 2014
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent as was presentation. They have a good wine list, assortment of microbrews and cocktails. We had Beef Tenderloin Medallions which were very good. Service was very good but we thought noise level was a little loud because of poor acoustical treatment. Very surprised to see quality of this restaurant in a small town.

Visited June 2014