“Quiet & layed back camping”
Review of Heartland Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
Heartland Resort
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Had camped here occassionally for several years by ourselves & with 2 other families, and each exprience was great. Six years ago my wife & I decided to become "seasonal" campers--we stayed there from Apr. to Nov. We called 2 of our friends the day we signed up and they both did the same. This will be our 5th or 6th season. The only we have is that camping season is not longer, but "Mother Nature" has a way to tell us it is time to go home. At one time the roads were dusty, but that proble was cured last year. My only complaint is sometimes the water has a high sulfur content, which means it stinks and does not taste good. Really enjoy the par 9 golf course==would enjoy it more if I could figure our how to keep from hitting the ball into the lakes or creek!!! The price of gas makes it more attractive.
We keep going back, so I think that says somethng for Heartland. Went to the campground today--wish it was April 1 instead of Mar 1!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank camperbobr

Reviewed 12 April 2010

If this is a resort, then Elvis is alive. "Resorts" are not built on top of interstates, they do not have water so bad that it stains EVERYTHING, and they do not require the agility of an Olympian to dodge the golf carts that come at your from each direction. Beware!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
8  Thank denbroncs
Reviewed 2 June 2009

The only thing that I can say that the other review said is true is that it is in deed by Highway 70 and you can hear it at night. My family and I stayed there the weekend of May 30th, 2009. We had an awesome time until a thunderstorm came through Saturday night. I was pleased with the way the place let everyone know about the tornado warning and where to go. I was even more pleased about the shelter. I went to the bathroom a few times and never seen dirty stalls at all. Every time I went it was nice. Water pressure good as well. OH and YES, they have a GOLF CART PARADE on Saturday nights...and its the cutiest thing if you have young children. They throw candy to your kids as they are on the campsites. They also have hayrides too... I'm sure that could cause a bit of a dusting, but as I said...it rained. I will tell you there was NO DOG POO on my lot or anywhere else I walked... Most of my family walked around barefoot because the place was clean enough too. It was neatly groomed as well. The sandy beach was cool a bit on the colder side since it is only the end of March...but was exactly what you order from a swimming area with a beach on it....BTW...the Alge growing on the waters. The indoor pool was open many hours throughout our visit. My husband and I have two little boys and they had a BLAST swimming and fishing and playing on the playground. Not any Rowdy people late at night either... I would recommend 100000%

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Nikkim52
Reviewed 3 September 2007

3 nights over the Labor Day weekend at the Heartland Resort in Greenfield, just outside Indianapolis, was as close to "Camping in Hell" as one can get. We paid a premium for a tent site - no trees, just an open field, then had to pay extra for a day visitor, mini-golf, etc. The pool was inexplicably closed, leaving only an algae-dotted lake for swimming.

There were many RVs with their own facilities, but there were only 3 women's showers for 285 campsites! And they didn't work most of the time. No water pressure, a dribble of freezing water that turned scalding hot when a toilet was flushed. There was never a time when the restrooms were clean. None of the outlets worked, which was fine, because you didn't want to stay in the restroom long enough to dry your hair, even if you were able to get it washed without being scalded. While it appeared there were extra showers in the pool area, because the pool was closed, these restrooms were locked.

It was noisy enough right on the edge of Interstate 70, but made worse by loudspeaker announcement and constant, dust-generating traffic of golf carts, driven by children and teens who had no clue how to maneuver safely.

When we took the tent down to leave, there was dog poop on the bottom -- the sites had dog crap! This place was so awful by the 3rd day we could do nothing but laugh (through the choking dust). Since our family camps every year, this one will go into the annals of "Remember the year we went to that dreadful spot outside Indy?" The word "resort" ought to be more carefully regulated; it certainly didn't belong to this place.

18  Thank Happycamper01