Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
US$94
US$139
US$89
US$81
All reviewsroom was cleanaccommodating staffquiet locationwould stay here againkitchenettehighwayreclinerleslieconventiondogs
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Couldn't have ask for a better stay.  Rooms are clean, and well appointed.  Free clothes washers and dryers,  newspapers and a nice selection of free movies..  Staff is great.  This property is a little off the beaten path, but is still within sight of grocery, walmart, gas  station and other convenience stores.  Easy highway access.  The ONLY quirk was the front doors are a little odd, but in no way distracts from the amenities and professional staff.

Room Tip: Given the choice of the other 3 hotels in the immediate area, this is the way to go. Quiet, secure, and newer property.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven5959
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Steven5959,

Thank you for your continued business here at the Candlewood Suites Indy-South. We acknowledge the oddness of our front door motion sensors as they are designed in an extremely sensitive manner as a continued security to our guests. We appreciate all of your wonderful comments and we hope to be of continued service to you for years to come!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have stayed at IHG hotels my entire life (Age 42), and never ever had a problem. Upon recommendation by a friend of my girlfriend, we decided to book a weekend at Candlewood Suites for a wedding in Greenwood, IN. I booked online using Priority Club + cash for points so that we could have a nice large room for all of our wedding clothes, and possibly visiting friends from the wedding. My girlfriend even called the "hotel's" front desk the night before to verify that we would have a nice room.

Upon arrival after working a long 10 hour day, and then driving 4 hours to Indianapolis, I was told by the front desk that my credit card had not been charged for any points and that the stay was covered under my existing Priority Club Rewards. Immediately I knew something was wrong, as I did not have enough points to cover the room that I had asked for, and that is why I had paid $40 additionally a night, so that I could have a nicer room. I tried to explain this to the 2 people at the front desk (believe their names were Jay & Kailee), but they insisted the reservation was correct, so I proceeded up to my suite. After carrying all my Luggage and Wedding clothes to the room, the first thing I noticed was the horrible disgusting smell of mildew in the room. It was so disgusting that I had a headache just after being g in the room for only a few minutes. In addition to the foul smelling room, I also was booked into a smaller studio suite, after I was under the impression the room was to be a much larger suite.

I immediately called the front desk, and they refused to come up to the room to take a look. They also told me at first, that they didn't, have any better rooms and even if they did I would not be given one since I had not paid for anything additional. I again tried to explain that I indeed did pay $40 a night more for the upgrade. The guy at the front desk (again, believe his name was Jay) would not listen to me, and said, "YOU NEED TO CALL PRIORITY CLUB", as he proceeded to tell me that I had not paid additional money for points.

After about a 15 minute argument, he tells me that if I pay the additional $40 a night that they can book me into a nicer suite. I explained to him that is what we had originally wanted all along, and that I did not have any problem paying the $40 extra charge since that is what I had paid for online e in the first place, and mentioned again that it was strange that he didn't have a record of me paying already, but he told me that nothing had been charged to my credit card.

After the long ordeal I was happy to have the nicer suite, and thought everything was resolved. The man at the front saw me carrying additional clothes up to the suite, and apologized for the horrid smelling room they originally gave me.

For the most part the stay at the hotel was OK, but it's definately not like staying at a Holiday Inn. This "hotel" does not do room service on a daily basis, and if you want fresh towels YOU have to carry your dirty towels down to the front desk. They also did not supply additional soap & toiletries during our stay....luckily we had brought extras ourselves. The front desk also closes early I think it was 11:30, so good luck if you have a problem or arrive late.

I also wanted to mention that during most of my stay, the front desk staff was not at the counter, but could be seen smoking right outside the front door. To me this reflected poorly on the hotel, and especially as to management. In addition to walking through the employees smoke as I walked into the "hotel" there was also a smell of raw sewage in the air. This smell was near the front door our entire stay.

On the last day of our stay we inquired about the bill, because of all the problems we had experienced, and I was told by the morning crew of the front desk, that "nobody is booked for the room that you say that you are staying in". My girlfriend and I went down and spoke to the front desk, and it appeared that everything was OK upon checkout, or so I thought....

Fast forward one week, and I check my credit card statement, and find out that I have been charged twice. I was charged $80 by Priority Club Rewards and then charged $85+ by the front desk. After calling the "hotel's" front desk without resolution, I then tried to resolve the matter with Priority Club & IHG's Corporate Office. I was told by Corporate that I would receive a phone call from the hotel manager....Over 24 hours later I have not heard back from him. I suspect that since tomorrow is Easter I will not receive a call within the 48 hours that Corporate assured me they would.

I again called the "hotel's" front desk tonight trying to get resolution. The same man that I dealt with on check-in answered, and I asked to speak with the hotel manager. He told me that he was in earlier today, but had left for the evening. I was upset by the fact that the General Manager would not return my call, even though I had called the hotel several times, and have logged an incident with corporate. The man on the phone was rude, and basically lied, and more or less told me I was stuck with the bill. At this point, I was very angry with him and called corporate again and logged a second complaint.

Over the past week I have probably spent 6 hours trying to get this resolved. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND CANDLEWOOD SUITES, and IHG is about to lose a lifelong customer if this charge is not removed.

Mark M.
St. Louis, MO

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark M
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Mark M,

As general manager of the Candlewood Indy South, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about your billing confusion between your charges here and with the Priority Club points program you purchased. As per our conversations here at the hotel and also your contacts to Priority Club Rewards we hope this situation was resolved to your complete satisfaction. If you have any further questions on the points promotion packages please feel free to re-contact one of our offices or the number on back of your PC card. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Phil Klaus-General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I took a group of 20 high school kids and 5 adults for a two day and three night stay. The general manager and staff were very outgoing and welcoming toward our group. They accomodated us with everything we needed. Their fully equipped, contemporary, and very clean rooms along with wonderful service made our stay so much easier and relaxing for everyone. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is also convenientally located right off of HWY 65 and within 2-3 minutes of many great restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Joni L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear of the wonderful experience your group had at our property. We hope to see you back very soon on your next group or individual trip.

Phil Klaus General Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Great place, great people. Stay here half a dozen or more times a year; it is a great location just off exit 101 on I-65 in Indianapolis. Rooms are always clean, staff is always courteous ansd they go out of their wa to treat Priority Club members special. I have never failed to receive an upgraded room when I ask for it. They have an impressive number of cleaning staff and someone is always there to help with anything.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you are priority club
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dave C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and your loyalty to IHG as a Priority Club member. We pride ourselves in the service we provide to each and every guest especially those as loyal as yourself. We hope to see you back real soon so we continue to offer the outstanding service you deserve.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the Candlewood Suites of Greenwood, IN. Check in was flawless and the room was clean. The bed was somewhat comfortable and there was a nice recliner in the room. The kitchenette was nice and the desk/dining table made for a nice work space. The bathroom was adequate and the TV worked well after we discovered the loose hdmi cable in the back. The place is maintained, but not well.
The down side was the fact that the facility is set up as an extended stay hotel. That means that the clientele are a little under par and view new comers as interlopers. The larger downside was their internet provider. We were not able to use our computers much of the time and that made work impossible.
Bottom line, we might return, but not until they find a new wifi provider. I would probably given the place 4 stars, but the wifi situation just spoiled things for me.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Mebejim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, but are troubled by the experience you had with our internet. We want to assure you that this is not the norm, and will do our best to make sure this issue does not arise for you shall you return to our area. Whether for 1 night or 1 year we try to service each of our guests with the same consistent experience that our brand is founded on. We hope you will come back and give us another opportunity to service you.
Best wishes,