“UNSAFE! READ REVIEWS and You DO NOT want to stay here..”

WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Greenwood
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Where was Customer Service considering that they had persons walking around outside clearly drunk and the children who I did see during the day/evening were not with parents they would run around the area and even over to the pond with out anyone. They were around 3/4 years old. The Rooms were nothing to say anything great about. This was my first time to stay here and it will certainly be my last time, I became so upset with the safety issues of the random person who would enter the building saying they stayed there during the day while a friend was at work was the last straw for me. I am shocked at the lack of the Staff keeping the location safe. Just telling them not to do something is like a slap on the wrist in school. They should be told they must leave the property. I haven't seen that many drunks in one place even when at a bar! Simply a joke of a place they gave me a tour and told me how safe the building was and they had key card entrances. Its not safe if other guest are giving keys out to persons to stay in the room while they are at work for the day!!!!! I left the location after being there for only 4 days and I had paid for the week, but I simply couldn't take it any longer and felt the loss of money was less of an issue than the concern for my personal safety. If who ever is in charge doesn't get the place in control its going to be a very sad and unsafe location. I left and went to Holiday Inn, I told them the worries I had from being at Value Place and they said how sorry they were for my past experience but they would do everything they could to make my next 3 days much better and reassured me that safety was not a concern there @ Holiday Inn. After talking to the young lady at Holiday Inn and telling her why I had to make frequent trips to Indy and that I generally stay at a location that offers a weekly rate~ she wrote out names of locations near the area that I could contact that were weekly rates, I found that Candlewood was a weekly rate as well and I could bring my dog with me while I travel for the week, he will love our trip back next month when we stay at Candlewood. Thank you to the lovely lady at Holiday Inn for her help, kindness and to listen to me panic about my fearful stay with Value Place. I hope next month will be a better visit for Teddy (Yorkshire Terrier) and I at Candlewood.

Room Tip: There is not a good room to choose, the best option is to take ear plugs or a way to listen to music...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ella S

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Made reservation weeks ago. Didnt get a call that my room was not available. Sketchy people been staying there. To many drunks. I am single and there are families with young kids. Be careful. I am now seeking another place to start staying at. I no longer feel safe and pricing is to high. Staff should have notified me that they did not have a room available. People staying there that arent paying. Some stay at night and when they leave for work others take their key and use their room. NOT HAPPY AT ALL! YOU NEED TO GET CONTROL ALLEN.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MeandGod
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I would never stay anywhere else.This place is unbelievable. The cleanliness of the rooms and od the whole place was incredible. The staff was the kindest around.I felt so
safe. You have my business anytime. I travel alot so this was one of the best places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sweets15232
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants that were in walking distance to our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Disappointed, I had experienced a wonderful visit with Value Place, Indianapolis/Greenwood in 2013. But after my visit this summer, I would never visit this location or any other Value Place Location. They did do upgrades to the outside appearance from my last visit, and the rooms have generally stayed the same except for a wall painted and new comforters. I found the remodel to be a let down after I stayed. The property had very questionable guest staying there and I didn't feel as safe as I did the summer before. It was lacking in many areas. The purpose to stay here was for the economic part and as far as I am concerned the rates went up this trip and I didn't see where they are adding to the experience for the guest. They did say they were under new management. The grounds were well kept and the parking lot was full, but I felt unsafe going out at night. They had several police runs while I had my stay. It was a very disappointing week. Considering I could have gone to the Holiday Inn, which offers breakfast and more amenities or travel up a few blocks to stay at Comfort Inn. I wish I could erase my memory of this experience this time! I do agree the beds were not as comfortable at all this time they felt very flat. The TV was limited in what was available for channels, I had the basic ones but would have enjoyed more choices to unwind after working each day, I would have assumed if there was an upgrade to the hotel then it was going to be more across the board. So to sum up my stay...OVER PRICED, NOT AS COMFORTABLE BED/TV poor with channels, S A F E T Y WAS NONEXISTENT. Unless you stood outside while the POLICE were there. Being a single lady safety is high on my requirements. Hope that new management address the situation quickly or additional business will be lost. Sticking to a chain for me! I will go to Holiday Inn Express or another location within the area. So hang your hat else where, even if you have to wait till 6 o'clock!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, pay more if you have to and find a safer place... There is no security onsite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennie P
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; and we extend our sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart. We would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com?

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stay at different hotels when I travel but must say when I come back to Indy I am definitely staying at this location again. Where do I start... The staff was so helpful in making sure I had everything I needed and my check in process was speedy and pleasant. The manager I believe his name was Alan was more than helpful to answer all my questions and make me feel welcome there. When I entered the hotel I first took notice how clean everything was and have been to some pretty bad hotels in the past so it was nice to stay someplace like this that I didn't have to worry about what I was sleeping on or walking on. I am recommending this place to all my family and friends and will be back myself!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary Beth M

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We've been here a few days now and the only problems we have are the noisy neighbors upstairs. It sounds like a herd of elephants all day and half the night. The walls are super thin. I can hear what the people next door are watching on tv. The beds are so uncomfortable. My back has been sore since our first night here. Other than that, It's a Very nice hotel room for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Msan4
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our kind staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Have always enjoyed staying here. Prices can sometimes be to pricey though Allen....lol. Very clean and great staff. Your company should concider keeping these but opening some under a different name as studio apt. 6 mths to year leases. I would sign up in a heart beat. As long as priceing is keep at a good rate.....Allen....lol. Felt very safe staying there. Although the elevator was ANNOYING!!!!! THANK YOU ALLEN FOR STAYING LATE TO INSURE I GOT MY ROOM..... ALL STAFF DESERVE A RAISE....HINT HINT CORP. OFFICE!!!!! THANKS GUYS I WILL BE BACK...... No drunks or idiots allowed to stay here. Thanks for making this a priority. Its important since young kids also stay there and can feel safe. Kathy

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MeandGod

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood
Red Roof Inn Greenwood, IN
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites

Been to WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Greenwood? Share your experiences!