“Great Service and an Excellent Meal”

Sophia's Original House of Pancakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Johnstown, Colorado
“Great Service and an Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I arrived alone just as they were opening up one morning while on business in the area. I chatted with the manager at the front door for a few minutes, until shown to a table in the otherwise empty restaurant.

Coffee appeared instantly while I looked at the huge menu. Heavily influenced by the Greek/Mediterranean style of cooking, but there is clearly something for everybody. My server was quick and attentive. I ordered a Mediterranean Frittata which was stuffed with eggs, potatoes, fresh spinach, veggies and feta cheese. It was delicious and despite my best efforts, I had to leave a portion that I couldn't finish. I thought about going back during my visit to the area, but always seemed to be headed in another direction.

• Visited March 2014

Greenwood
“Great Food and Terrific Service - Now Yia Yia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Recently has undergone new ownership. The new owners have really been sprucing up the entire place. Great food and a lot of it. You will never leave hungry for any meal. Excellent service. A real pleasurable experience every time we go there.

• Visited February 2014
West Lafayette
“Good breakfast alternative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Of course there are plenty of chain restaurant options for breakfast, but YiaYia’s is worth a visit. We were greeted warmly and the staff was attentive. After reviewing the extensive menu, we had the Denver scramble special and a Belgian waffle, both were very good (although the scramble not quite “piping hot”) and ample portions; took half the scramble for later. Coffee was good and wait staff kept the cups full, but my hat’s off to any restaurant that can keep the price under $2 these days. This was $2.05, and total bill was $19, so kind of pricey. But then there is a crystal chandelier hanging over the check out register.

• Visited February 2014
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great Breakfast; Fast Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Been a regular at Sophia's (now called YiaYia's...prounounced YaYa's) since they opened. The food is always good, hot and served promptly. Portions are very large (almost too large in my opinion as I hate to waste food........usually end up taking home the extra). If you order 1 egg, it is actually two...if you order 2, it is actually 4, so be advised.......couldn't believe my eyes the first time I ordered 2 over medium eggs and saw 4 egg yolks staring up at me. They have a great menu variety (wonderful crepes...,.one of my favs) and their wait staff is very attentive. YiaYia's just did a partial remodel and it is even nicer than before. Btw....they serve lunch as well....but close at 3:00 pm. Lunch food is just average; .breakfast is very good........always a crowd on Saturday and Sunday.

• Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food, large portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was a nice place for my husband and I to eat breakfast before a day of Christmas shopping. The food was good and there were lots of it. I only ate part of mine. The remainder of mine was eaten by my teenage son for two breakfasts! My husband ate his over two meals. We received our food very quickly and the service was very good. Will definitely visit here again!

• Visited December 2013