“Family Style Italian”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fry Road
Transit: IndyGo Bus Service - Greenwood Park Mall stop - approximately 5-10 minute walk to Buca di Beppo.
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We went on Valentines day. The restaurant had just started getting busy and the first table we were brought to, (booth in the bar section), was directly under a vent.

We sat for less than one minute before realizing the air was streaming out of the vent and it was too cold and asked to move. The waitress remarked, "we were the 3rd couple they tried to seat there already".

They moved us to another table in the same area which was fine but it was so small once all the food came out it was a comedy trying to move things around on the table.

We then noticed they sat another couple at the table with the vent who then also asked to move!

So my question is, the restaurant has been there for several years, clearly this issue with the vent didn't happen on valentines day so why keep sitting people there and why hasn't it been fixed?

Lot's to look at in terms of pictures, statues, little and large nik-nak type things.

The food is served family style, got to the table quickly and it was well seasoned. The sangria was pretty good also.

I would go back but, I'm not in a real hurry to do so. There are many other Italian restaurants I go to first.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Took a large group to this restaurant for a rehearsal dinner and left very dissapointed. The food was good, and there was plenty of it. However, I spent over $700 and the management didn't have the courtesy of coming around and introducing themselves and making sure everything went well. The only ones we dealt with were the waitresses. Alcohol was not supposed to be on the total bill, but paid individually. Needless to say, there was over $100 worth of alcohol on my bill. You would think that after paying a 21% service charge and still having to add a tip to the bill, the company would show a little more respect for your patronage! Personally, I am very offended and dissapointed by this business and have no intention of returning!!

Reviewed 24 January 2010

I have been to different Bucca's but the one in Greenwood was horrible.... the food was ok, but the girls in the front have attitude and the manager isn't any better. I will not be going back to this location. They need to fix their service or they might loose business and can they get some chairs so we can have some comfortable place to sit for 45 minutes!!

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Wonderful - Yummy - Delicious - Fun! Great place to dine - you don't just eat at a Buca, you have a dining experience. Our 11th different Buca - each the same, but all different., and we have enjoyed each one. We tried the new Baked Rigatoni, and the chef prepared it with the mild Italian sausage for us (since we can't do the spicy stuff anymore). Over the top - we were MORE than happy with that selection! And this time we tried their homemade cheese cake, only we had it plain (like it better that way) - another over the top, best we've had in years. The Buca chain has spoiled us - we can't eat at any other since finding them!

Reviewed 28 April 2009

I was there as part of a group of around 40 people. We were served Family Style and it was absolutely awesome. We were brought Salad, Calamari, Manicotti, Chicken Parm, and Lasagna. Portions were huge. Everything I tried was wonderful. The cheescake at end was great too. This was my first time at a Buca di Beppo. I was definitely go back. The only down side I found was that the pictures on the walls were somewhat offensive, therefore I woulnd't suggest for children.