“Bad Owner/Manager”

Johnel's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I ordered chicken stir fry, the chicken was dry, And a ribeye steak, ordered medium rare. The steak came out medium well so I sent it back to get one that was medium rare. So when I sent the stir fry back the Owner/manager came out and told me chicken is dry and he did not see anything wrong with it and he already lost money on the steak that was sent back. He did take the stir fry off the bill but was very rude!!!!

There are newer reviews for Johnel's Restaurant

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have been to Johnel's many times while on business in the area. I stay at the Super-8 right across the parking lot which is very convenient. I like to sit at the bar after a hard day's work, have some food and a few beers. The food is basic but good and the portions are large. They bring you a huge pile of bread which I have now learnt to say 'no' to as the meals are filling enough on their own. I have always managed to strike up conversation with the bar staff which is basically all I'm looking for after a day in the steel mills. Nothing fancy here, I would describe this place as a traditional home-style restaurant - the kind that your grandma loves, except they have a bar also!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We found this place by chance while traveling through the area. We had a great breakfast. The food was very good with large portions, the wait staff was prompt but a little unfriendly. I cannot say anything bad about this place and I would stop again if I am ever back in the area.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Wonderful family restaurant my mom recommended. The food was tasty, portions generous, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were staying at the Ramada, but looking at the outside we tried looking for another place to eat. After finding nothing, we returned here for breakfast. Our service was EXCELLENT!!!! Food was good, on par with any diner that I am accustomed to. I thought the prices were fair.