“Great Buffet, Weary Slots”
Review of Horseshoe Hammond

Horseshoe Hammond
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
Germantown, Wi
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Buffet, Weary Slots”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went with a Bus deal, free $15 dollar play and free buffet. Slots are old and weary and a little boring, kind of what you'd find 7-10 yrs ago. Most are penny slots. Sometime buttons were working or you couldn't use players card, and they were slow loading your card info.
Buffet was excellent. We went for noon buffet on a Saturday. Everything and anything you can imagine. Prime rib was melt in your mouth. Fried chicken, great Italian section. They even have fried smelt. Deserts were outstanding.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Beachedwhales

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Lansing, Illinois
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 314 helpful votes
“Clean the Air and Loosen Up”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This casino wreaks with stale and smokey air. The buffet has really gone downhill, and the slots and video poker could not be any tighter. Do your casino gambling somewhere else!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank unknowndiner
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What happened to the shoe??????”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went last night for the final time. First of all no other casinos charge to park. New slots but tight. I have been going there for five yrs. More penny machines but no pay outs. I've never been fond of penny machines. I played the new dollar machines but u have to have to matching symbols, then u can go into bonus spin. Usually if the bonus symbol is on the third window u go into the bonus spin. Most importantly....I used the valet services and they shattered the outside of my key remote. Well thank you horseshoe for breaking my semi addiction to you.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank tenderdee
Hammond, Indiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“It's the EXTRAS”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This casino is your typical casino, if you like that kind of thing. (I don't) But the surroundings are wonderful. Jack Binnion's Steakhouse has an awesome view of Lake Michigan. I haven't been there in awhile, but when I was, the food was outstanding. The Marina is beautiful as well. Take a walk on Marina Beach or on the Bin Wall of the Marina.

I've been to the "seafood buffet" a few times. It's ok. No crab legs. :( Not really worth the price tag. It was $27/person last time I went.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Teena D
Sevierville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Smokers Paradise”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I liked the casino layout and the table games were not increased because it was a Saturday night (only $10 blackjack). But I did NOT like the smoking! I wish there were some separated areas for smokers & non-smokers.

Visited July 2013