“Always a blast”
Review of Horseshoe Hammond

Horseshoe Hammond
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Regular but not a winner! Great comps, rooms okay, Paula Deenes was excellent but now long wait for food since closed. Hosts are very attentive...like said always fun!

1  Thank karlakay
Write a ReviewReviews (12,409)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We came here to see the Moody Blues concert only and didn't drink or gamble but did eat at the buffet upstairs, very upscale and expensive as well. There is a nice large, free parking garage with elevators that take you to the casino floor which is what you have to cross to get to the escalator to go upstairs to the buffet and show venue. Many people going to the concert that night were in line for the buffet so we got in it too. I was told at the hotel by someone who "goes there all the time" that the buffet was excellent and $20. When we finally got up to the cashier, it was $32 plus tax unless you had a player's card which would get you $2 off of each meal. It was too late to go anywhere else so we accepted it. I ate my share in seafood, stuffed down two lobster tails, and could have had four for that price. Hubby doesn't eat lobster. I thought that the food was wonderful, he didn't. It may have been what he chose to eat. There was so much variety there, I don't know how anyone could go away disappointed. The service though, was a different story. We both ordered raspberry iced tea to drink and it didn't appear until we were halfway through our first plates, and although I asked the waitress at that point if she'd come back by to give us refills, she never reappeared with more, even though I saw her at other tables right near us. She was quick to run to the table after we left though.

Horseshoe_Chicago, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed the concert in The Venue. It sounds like you visited the Village Square Buffet on a night in October when it was a $29.99 Seafood Buffet Special. Below is a list of our everyday prices:

Monday - Thursday

Dinner - 3:00pm - 11:00pm - $21.99

Sunday
Weekend Brunch - 10:00am - 3:00pm - $21.99
Dinner - 3:00pm - 9:00pm - $21.99

*There is a $1 discount on brunch and a $2 discount on dinner for Total Rewards members.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the selection the Village Square Buffet has to offer and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

It has real gaming tables. Informative and polite personnel. Easy read of game information. Large facility, wear comfy shoes. Slots are a little stingy, but they have REAL game tables.

2  Thank deedeevee1
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I find the Horseshoe to be very well maintained. The layout of slots and table games are well placed. Table games vary from $5 to the highest of limits. Plenty of action and some very friendly dealers. I always take the free shuttle from Chicago. My only real complaint is the cost of alcoholic drinks. $4.50 and up. Way too expensive for a casino.

1  Thank sigs99
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I took a date to see Jeff Dunham and that was FABULOUS'. If you do not smoke do not go here. The casino allows cigar and cigarette smoking and the place stinks and the air is terrible. We had dinner in one of their restaurants and the food just ok, we expected better. I had to chase down a waiter to get waited on and ask for water, ask for napkins, and ask for silverware. My date wanted a Bloody Mary drink and after a long time they came back and said they were unable to make it. My date was not impressed.

4  Thank John R