“Wow! Huge property..good food, nice rooms..big big casino!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
Tucson, Arizona
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Wow! Huge property..good food, nice rooms..big big casino!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

You think you are driving to nowhere ville..but it's wonderful once you get there...we wished we had time to golf..good courses around..very nice service from valet to front desk..to Total Rewards checkin...bit of a walk from casino to hotel..good security!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Anne A
Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 2 December 2014
Hi Anne - thanks for the review. We will make sure to let the different departments know about your good customer service experience. Hope to see you soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
South sububs of Chicago, IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited on Mother's Day....it's so fun having a daughter who's over 21 !!!! First we went to the brunch at the Village Buffet.....excellent food and great view. Don't forget the desserts !!!!!!

The casino is large and has a nice variety of games. There is an electronic roulette which we enjoy playing. Of course, there is smoking allowed and it can be annoying if someone comes to sit by you who smokes...I usually just move.

The personnel are all friendly and helpful when needed.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Researchmama
Anna D, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for visiting Horseshoe and for taking the time to write your review. We're happy to hear you and your daughter had a nice Mother's Day brunch, and a good time with us. Hope you will visit us again soon.
Auburn, Indiana
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 279 helpful votes
“Love it here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Every time that I go to Chicago I take the shuttle from the Mag Mile to the Horseshoe. The shuttle service has changed since the last time that I was there. The shuttle was right on time and it was clean and comfortable.
The Horseshoe was clean like always. Yes the smoke can be bothersome depending who is near you. Not any worse than other casinos that I have been. The drinks were good and the service was prompt. The dealers were very friendly like always.
My wife had a fall back at the hotel so I had to leave early. I only got to sit on the tables for 6 hours, but it was still a fun experience. ( I had planned to sit there until the last shuttle came in order to earn enough tier credits so I could maintain my status) I also had to miss out on my free buffet which I would loved to have had. I always enjoy the view and the food. I like to sip on my wine and look at the Chicago skyline.
I recommend this place to everyone if they are ever near Hammond, Indiana.

Visited May 2014
Anna D, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about the Horseshoe. We're glad the shuttle rides exceeded your expectations, and wish your wife a speedy recovery. Hope to see you both again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“If you don't smoke go early!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I visit this casino once a month, and I can tell you that if you don't smoke it almost seems NOT worth it to go here, especially on the weekends or later in the day. The casino is VERY smoky to the point where u wish to shower afterwards.

The remedy is to actually go earlier in the day if you can during the week. I started going around 10-11am and noticed a huge difference in the smoky atmosphere. But if it starts feeling crowded then you know it's time to leave.

Overall the buffet is decent, I've always encountered friendly staff but I'm a diamond member so it might make a difference. Lately the casino has been updating their slots more occasionally which I like too.

Hotels near there are not so good and uncomfortable, DO not depend on the shuttle because they suck!!!! I don't like going when it's busy either, many other slot players I've encountered are just rude and unfriendly....one actually grabbed my arm one time because I was stopping the reels to quickly....another was snotty when I accidentally sat on a machine they were holding...as if I could read their mind. Just those little things make me go when it's earlier and more empty!

Visited March 2014
Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We wanted to make sure to inform you of the nonsmoking sections within our slot machines and table games on the casino floor. The nonsmoking signs are posted throughout the casino for our guests to enjoy themselves in a smoke free area. These areas are nonsmoking 24 hours a day.

Horseshoe Casino is also happy to hear that that you’ve encountered our friendly staff and enjoy our new slot machines. Horseshoe is always bringing in the newest slot themes on a regular basis. We hope to see you soon!
Hanna, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away from the buffet...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We decided to venture to the horseshoe for dinner and some gambling. We thought the $20 price for the buffet was good, until we got the food. We waited in a line for 45 minutes for mediocre food at best. The dinner rolls were still frozen, the salad bar items were frozen, the Italian station was completely empty, the majority of meat options were burnt and everything lacked seasoning of any kind. Our waitress whose only job is to keep our drinks full and clean away dishes couldn't even manage to do that. Hands down the absolute worst dinning experience we have had. Definitely won't recommend to anyone and will not visit again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank cmissy010
Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hello Missy – Horseshoe Casino is always striving to improve in every department to ensure the expectations of our guests are met during each visit. Thank you very much for the feedback. Your comments have been passed along to our Buffet Team. We hope you come visit us again to see how we’ve improved in the areas you have mentioned.