“Horrible layout on tables”
Review of Horseshoe Hammond

Horseshoe Hammond
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
schererville
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horrible layout on tables”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Where here all of the tables are clustered in the middle and the flow of people sucks . The staff are friendly for the most part but the servers suck they take there time I was wanting a drank the whole time I was there.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible roulette table layout.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I loved the casino but the roulette table layout. I play roulette a lot and know the different ways you can bet. Well , I bet on the basket of 1,2 and 00. 1 came up and the dealer took away my chip and I said that I placed a bet there. She said no I didn't and that wasn't a real bet. For being a roulette dealer she should know but the thing I couldn't argue is instead of a squared layout at the top o the two it veers out left and right . So being new to this casino , I didn't see that and saw other chips placed where on any other table it would've been a basket of the three numbers. I think that is wrong and a scam. I have never seen a table layout like this. What made me more upset is that dealer told me that wasn't a bet then changed her story when a guy agreed with me. I spoke to the pit boss and she said sorry I don't know the different bets on roulette!!!! I know at many casinos the pit boss knows the pay outs and the cost. I was stunned and shocked. So , if you play roulette make sure you pay attention or their uneducated employees may rip you off.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Sb2119
ChicagoHorseshoe, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi there. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you enjoyed the casino, but we are sorry that you did not have an excellent experience at the roulette tables. I will contact the floor games manager and work to correct this issue for the future. Thank you again, and we hope you will return soon.
Tucson, Arizona
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Wow! Huge property..good food, nice rooms..big big casino!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

You think you are driving to nowhere ville..but it's wonderful once you get there...we wished we had time to golf..good courses around..very nice service from valet to front desk..to Total Rewards checkin...bit of a walk from casino to hotel..good security!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Anne A
Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 2 December 2014
Hi Anne - thanks for the review. We will make sure to let the different departments know about your good customer service experience. Hope to see you soon!
South sububs of Chicago, IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun place”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited on Mother's Day....it's so fun having a daughter who's over 21 !!!! First we went to the brunch at the Village Buffet.....excellent food and great view. Don't forget the desserts !!!!!!

The casino is large and has a nice variety of games. There is an electronic roulette which we enjoy playing. Of course, there is smoking allowed and it can be annoying if someone comes to sit by you who smokes...I usually just move.

The personnel are all friendly and helpful when needed.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Researchmama
Anna D, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for visiting Horseshoe and for taking the time to write your review. We're happy to hear you and your daughter had a nice Mother's Day brunch, and a good time with us. Hope you will visit us again soon.
Auburn, Indiana
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Love it here”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Every time that I go to Chicago I take the shuttle from the Mag Mile to the Horseshoe. The shuttle service has changed since the last time that I was there. The shuttle was right on time and it was clean and comfortable.
The Horseshoe was clean like always. Yes the smoke can be bothersome depending who is near you. Not any worse than other casinos that I have been. The drinks were good and the service was prompt. The dealers were very friendly like always.
My wife had a fall back at the hotel so I had to leave early. I only got to sit on the tables for 6 hours, but it was still a fun experience. ( I had planned to sit there until the last shuttle came in order to earn enough tier credits so I could maintain my status) I also had to miss out on my free buffet which I would loved to have had. I always enjoy the view and the food. I like to sip on my wine and look at the Chicago skyline.
I recommend this place to everyone if they are ever near Hammond, Indiana.

Visited May 2014
Anna D, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about the Horseshoe. We're glad the shuttle rides exceeded your expectations, and wish your wife a speedy recovery. Hope to see you both again soon.