“I was in and out of this place in 10 minutes!”
Review of Horseshoe Hammond

Horseshoe Hammond
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“I was in and out of this place in 10 minutes!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you think the casinos in Atlantic City, NJ are rundown, you've never been to Hammond, IN! I took a "free" shuttle from my hotel when I was in Chicago, since Hammond is about 15 miles away. What I didn't realize (or I should say, was not made clear) is that the shutle is complimentary as long as you stay at the casino for like three hours! If you want to leave earlier, there is charge.

I was out of there so quick, that they shuttle driver that dropped me off was still in the parking lot. The place is just very dated and reeks of cigarette smoke. Seemed like there was more smoking areas than non.

I was able to get on a shuttle and made sure that I was not charged a fee for my 10-minute stay. If you are in the area and desperate to gamble, I would suggest trying something online.

1 Thank Frank R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lots of fun and large area to play”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The place is huge and boasts a super equally large poker room. Has some games that have been retired other places in the region. My luck here is so-so like with any gambling but I like this one .

Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 2 December 2014
Hi Gary - thanks for the review! Horseshoe actually has the most slots in Chicagoland. Also, if you like craft beer then you should try Sixth Street Bar. We’ve got 24 taps of locally crafted beer for you to choose from in our newest addition, Sixth Street Bar. We hope to see you soon!
schererville
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horrible layout on tables”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Where here all of the tables are clustered in the middle and the flow of people sucks . The staff are friendly for the most part but the servers suck they take there time I was wanting a drank the whole time I was there.

Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible roulette table layout.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I loved the casino but the roulette table layout. I play roulette a lot and know the different ways you can bet. Well , I bet on the basket of 1,2 and 00. 1 came up and the dealer took away my chip and I said that I placed a bet there. She said no I didn't and that wasn't a real bet. For being a roulette dealer she should know but the thing I couldn't argue is instead of a squared layout at the top o the two it veers out left and right . So being new to this casino , I didn't see that and saw other chips placed where on any other table it would've been a basket of the three numbers. I think that is wrong and a scam. I have never seen a table layout like this. What made me more upset is that dealer told me that wasn't a bet then changed her story when a guy agreed with me. I spoke to the pit boss and she said sorry I don't know the different bets on roulette!!!! I know at many casinos the pit boss knows the pay outs and the cost. I was stunned and shocked. So , if you play roulette make sure you pay attention or their uneducated employees may rip you off.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Sb2119
ChicagoHorseshoe, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi there. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you enjoyed the casino, but we are sorry that you did not have an excellent experience at the roulette tables. I will contact the floor games manager and work to correct this issue for the future. Thank you again, and we hope you will return soon.
Tucson, Arizona
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Wow! Huge property..good food, nice rooms..big big casino!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

You think you are driving to nowhere ville..but it's wonderful once you get there...we wished we had time to golf..good courses around..very nice service from valet to front desk..to Total Rewards checkin...bit of a walk from casino to hotel..good security!

2 Thank Anne A
Hi Anne - thanks for the review. We will make sure to let the different departments know about your good customer service experience. Hope to see you soon!