“Large, Smokey casino”
Review of Horseshoe Hammond

Horseshoe Hammond
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It is a large space, but they allow smoking. We were only in the casino for a few minutes after a show and we smelled like smoke when we left

1  Thank verchad
Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hi verchad - Horseshoe actually has numerous non-smoking sections for both Slot players and Table Game players. We have signage posted all around the casino which directs our guests to these locations. We hope to see you soon and you get a chance to play in these designated sections for non-smokers.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,933)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Winner hands down in terms of casino, location and comfort. Had two nonsmoking blackjack tables $10 minimum in regular floor as well as having a separate higher minimum non smoking section. Definitely Better than neighboring local indiana casinos. would rate better and less intimidating minimums than rivers. Friendly pit boss, average dealer. Did not try slots here but people seemed to be enjoying.

2  Thank Yaahooo
Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Thanks for the review! It's nice to hear that you received good service. Providing great customer service is always our #1 goal. We hope to see you soon!

Horseshoe Management

Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you think the casinos in Atlantic City, NJ are rundown, you've never been to Hammond, IN! I took a "free" shuttle from my hotel when I was in Chicago, since Hammond is about 15 miles away. What I didn't realize (or I should say, was not made clear) is that the shutle is complimentary as long as you stay at the casino for like three hours! If you want to leave earlier, there is charge.

I was out of there so quick, that they shuttle driver that dropped me off was still in the parking lot. The place is just very dated and reeks of cigarette smoke. Seemed like there was more smoking areas than non.

I was able to get on a shuttle and made sure that I was not charged a fee for my 10-minute stay. If you are in the area and desperate to gamble, I would suggest trying something online.

1  Thank Frank R
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The place is huge and boasts a super equally large poker room. Has some games that have been retired other places in the region. My luck here is so-so like with any gambling but I like this one .

Horseshoe_Chicago1, Manager at Horseshoe Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Hi Gary - thanks for the review! Horseshoe actually has the most slots in Chicagoland. Also, if you like craft beer then you should try Sixth Street Bar. We’ve got 24 taps of locally crafted beer for you to choose from in our newest addition, Sixth Street Bar. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Where here all of the tables are clustered in the middle and the flow of people sucks . The staff are friendly for the most part but the servers suck they take there time I was wanting a drank the whole time I was there.