“If you don't have kids with you,this is great value”
Review of Home-Town Lodge

Home-Town Lodge
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The hotel is down a winding road (looks like a road to nowhere, lol). Yes, there is a strip club next door, and most of the guests were truck drivers; however, as two single women sharing a room, we had no issues with noise, improper behavior from other guests etc. The room was clean, and everything was very much 'no-frills;' however, the price reflects the simplicity of the facilities. The staff were very friendly and competent. Ironically, it was while we were staying at the ever-popular Quality Inn that we had issues with noisy guests (and even became the victims of laundry theft! I'm not kidding. I left the laundry in the machine to get more quarters, and when I came back, items were missing!)
If you're visiting Hammond and want cheap, no-frills accomodation, this place has it.

• Stayed: June 2010
There are newer reviews for Home-Town Lodge

Reviewed 8 July 2009

I stay at this hotel all the time - it is owned by a trucking company and they have ALOT of drivers which I am one of them - I went to school there in January, I am there every couple weeks, sometimes I stay and other times I am just there to pick up students-one thing I can tell you is - the hotel staff put up with ALOT. This is not a place for families and because of the large amount of truck drivers/construction workers/refinery workers, some may find it inappropriate-but it is Clean, Service is Excellent, Managers are awesome, and extremely friendly employees. The rates are lower than any place around, it is a simple, clean, comfortale hotel where the staff KNOW who you are and speak. If you are "uppity", looking for luxury, this is NOT the place for you-but if you are just a good ole home-town person and want friendly, clean, inexpensive place to stay-then this is the best place in the area. Safe and Secure . I've read the other reviews-and wonder about some people - the hotel can can help they are located by a strip club-LOOK at the age of the buildings - strip club been there maybe 5 years-hotel 20 plus years-come on people. The strippers and the hotel do not "mix" the business and in all the time I've been there-I've experienced very little ladies of the night, and when the hotel does see them the police are called. The hotel does not tolerate drugs/alcohol or the "ladies of the night"-which is more than you can say for most inexpensive places. The managers and staff are extremely accommodating and when you hear us guys "whining/complaining, it's typically NOT about the hotel but issues we have within ourselves. I commend Jeannie and her staff highly for putting up with us and everything they go thru-and one more note- I've NEVER seen or experienced bugs at this property-so if you are looking to stay at this hotel-Please don't believe everything you read. It would be nice if the hotel was modernized, but then I'd expect to pay alot more too.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TLEELEET
Reviewed 8 July 2009

i stay here because i work for cr england and stay here while i wait for a trainer trucks. this place reminds me of home its nice and clean you get good service from people who are nice. not a place for kids

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dodge31guy
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Ok, we had mixed reviews with this hotel so we decided to try them. WRONG!!! Don't do it, we got checked in and already it seemed iffy. When you pull into the parking lot and it has a strip joint next store well you should always wonder. Got to our room and unloaded and first thing I saw was the broken towel rack ok than the nasty smelly carpet and the filthy bathroom. I had to clean the tub myself. If that wasn't bad enough I turned down my covers and the sheets were dirty!. If I could have checked out I would have been history. The staff was never rude but your shoul not have to ask for everything, a day did not go by that we did not have to go get more towels for 2 adults and 3 teenagers we got 2 towels. Twice we had no room service at all and they never vacuumed the room any time we were there and made the bed once when I complained

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank dhluska
Reviewed 16 September 2008

This hotel was unbelievable nasty. Lots of truck drivers and loud parties going on. Nobody on duty at night. No security. Bugs everywhere (there is a river behind the hotel).

The General Manager was nice and sympathetic and tried to make things right but the hotel has been neglected for too long.

If you have kids I would not stay here. No breakfast. No Pool.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank valpograd86
Reviewed 8 July 2008

As a student for a trucking company who utilizes this Hotel as a staging and 'weeding' area for OTR Truckers, I have spent numerous days and have stayed in various rooms throughout the Hotel based on staging and Corporate needs.
Of particular note is the manager Arthur who takes a personal pride in his efforts to make the stay for all comfortable and pleasant. Arthur gets things done... I can't give better accolades than that.
I have stayed in most of the varieties of rooms from the ones with refrigerators and microwaves to the simple two-bed and a shower ones that share a common refrigerator with the rest of the tenants on the floor. There are thieves in any group of people but it's generally easy to weed them out with a little 'bait' and some Visine. Whoever has diarrhea is the culprit and we as a whole send them on their merry way.
The staff as a whole is very attention oriented and though the rooms could use better vacuuming (under the beds) as a whole, they keep the place well stocked with personal needs and cater to the clients.
~GAlan Fink

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GalanF