“Very nice and accommodating”

Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Everything was perfect with the exception on the furniture poolside. I was disappointed that there were no lounge chairs. There was tables and chairs but nothing to lie down on to relax or sunbathe. Overall it was a nice hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank SassyTrucker
dipti68, Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I will take your comments regarding lounge chairs at the pool to our owners. It is an observation that has merit. A number of our guests prefer to just get some sun rather than get wet. Our chairs were damaged during recent bad weather. In addition we lose a certain percentage each year due to guest abuse. We have requested replacements. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your experiences. It is through guest observations, both negative and postive, that we are able to train and grow. We always strive to improve the things that we have control over, ie cleanliness, friendliness, speed of service. We regret the things that are absolutely beyond our control like location. It is nice when a guest is able to recognise the difference, and let us know how we did. Our staff appreciates your time and effort. Again, thank you.
Dipti Patel, GM

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The service is horrible! And for over 100.00 per night, no complimentary breakfast. Wouldn't have been so bad if the staff were friendly. Because of this experience, I will NEVER stay at another Best Western!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lukerider79
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

I apologize for your experience. Our staff is generally thought to be friendly. If you could contact me via email and let me know the exact problem issues, and staff consulted, I would welcome the opportunity to research this further. It is our job to offer hospitality, I sincerely regret that we did not suceed in exceeding your expectations at our Best Western during your stay. Please let me know if I can be of any further service.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have stayed at the Hammond Best Western about once every two weeks for the past 6 months.

The desk staff, especially Andrew, has always been very courteous and helpful. The rooms are big and the water pressure is excellent (though when all the way on hot, it''s not quite "hot"). The lounge is nice. Small beer selection, but Chick the bartender more than makes up for it with his witty humor and pleasant conversation. I have not eaten in the restaurant, but it always smells like something good is cooking.

Yes, there are a lot of truckers and trucks, but it's to be expected along the road to Chicago. Never had a problem with noise. The area seems at first glance to be a little dangerous, but it's actually industrial and there are very few cars/people in the area at night. Have never felt unsafe.

Will check out the pool tomorrow when I stay there again.

Also, the vending machine prices are great! Not over-priced like most hotels. Lot's of bars within 5-10 minutes and restaurants everywhere.

Thanks BW!!

BW Gold Elite Member (platinum after tomorrow's stay!)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher C
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I booked this hotel online via Priceline. I then went online and read all the negative feedback. I was expecting the worse. However I was pleasantly surprised. All you people must be insane if you expect 5 star quality from a budget friendly hotel chain. I had a very good stay. I mean it wasn't a Westin or Hyatt but for the price I was quite comfortable. The beds were nice. Clean room. Chipped paint here and there but who cares. Fridge and microwave in room which is awesome since you can save on food. Overall nice stay. And the restaurant was very good. Home style goog ole cookin. No bells and whistles just good and a lot of it. The breakfast filled me belly.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ChicagoBizDude
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for your review. We try to please everyone, but sometimes the guests who are happy with their stay, do not take the time to let us know. The unhappy guests are always willing to let us know. That can distort the picture, especially for those travelers who look to sites such as this, to make a determination of where to stay.
We appreciate you taking the time. We hope to see you again whenever your travel plans bring you back to Northwest Indiana.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I dined at their restaurant 2 nights out of 3 I stayed at the Motel 6 next door. It was pretty much the only game in town. I can't remember the name of this restaurant as trip advisor didn't have a listing for it but it was located on the bottom floor of Best Western. The waitress was the same both nights and very friendly and courteous. They do have a limited menu but both nights the meals came to the table hot and with a smile. The only other places to eat in the area are a couple of miles away and when your a trucking student with no transportation it was very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank You!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. First It's a $100 a night, no wireless net, five minutes to get warm water and a old TV. I play Xbox and went to radio shack to get a adapter for the TV. I called for help with the setting up of the TV and no one would help. Also the hotel is connected to a so-called restaurant, so no breakfast. I stay out of town a lot and will never stay at another Best Western again, never...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Thrall77
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Guest: I responded to this complaint already on the Medallia site, as your response to bwfeedback.com. I am going to post that response here. I requested that you email me and let me know particulars about your stay. You have an unusal name, and I cannot locate that name in our data. I do not show a stay by your name at any time in the past month. I further checked your name going back to January 1st 2012, and could not find it. I also checked our various interoffice communication logs and found no reference to a request for help regarding hooking up an XBox to one of our TV's. I wish you would respond so that I can follow up. I have included a copy of my response on the other websites you have visited. Thank you
Dear ******* ( I will keep your name and obscene comments protected)
"On behalf of our entire team I could like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
I apologize that we were unable to meet your particular needs. We rarely have a guest want to attaach a gaming system. We always try to alert our guests that our TV's do not allow for the attachment of guest devices. We have remote controls that will allow access only to the stations available on our satellite dish. This is a requirement from our ownership because guests in the past have damaged our televisions by trying to attach VCR's etc. We could not insure that we would have working televsions for the majority of our guests who just want this amenity, if we allow access to some guests who bring their own electronic devices and inadvertently damage the TV. I tried to find you in our system, because we do have measures in place that record guest issues, and possible resolutions. I wanted to find which of our employees you voice your concerns to, so they can be coached in problem resolution, but was unable to find your name. Did you stay with us under a different name? We your part of a group? Were you a guest in someone elses room? If you would not mind taking the time to email me that information, I would like to follow up with our staff. Every Best Western is independently owned and operated. I hope you will take that into consideration when making overnight accommodations in the future, and give Best Western an opportunity to serve you again. If you mention your specific needs at the time of reservation, you will know in advance whether or not the hotel you are reserving is able to meet those needs. "
If you had asked, at anytime prior to checkin or at checkin, we would have told you that what you wanted was not in our power to provide. We would have recommended another hotel in a nearby location that may have been able to meet your needs better.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This place was just ok. A few key problems_

Pretty damn far from everything. Other than a strip joint a few short steps down the road, you are going to have to travel to even just get a bite to eat.

People smoke EVERYWHERE. Regardless of the no smoking signs, plenty of people felt free to smoke just about everywhere there.

The restaurant attached is a rip-off, but I guess they can get away with that since they pretty much have a captive audience, unless someone wants to long-haul to a fast food joint way down the highway.

Walls are pretty thin - I was privy to my neighbor's drunken tirad for the 3 nights I was in. Oh well.

Has ice machines, a few washers and dryers, and plenty of parking. One thing that was super-annoying was that whenever I got back at the end of the day, my key-card erased, and I had to slog all the way to the front, ground level ( I was in the back, 234, 2nd floor) to get it reset. No, I never put it near a cellphone or other magnetic or electronic device. Apparently this happened to more than just myself.

No meals were included at all. Internet worked pretty good everywhere in the hotel.

Housekeeping did a decent job to be sure, and if it weren't so far to get to anything, I would recommend it, despite the above mentioned faults. But right now, nope.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank inspectorjavert70
bwnwi, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

First of all i want to thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the inconvienance. I thank you for the positive comments. We do understand our location is on an industrail road and is away from the city. We are close to the express way. Our restaurant is very affordable and the items on the menus are freshly cooked per order. We hope make you next stay 100% satisfactory.

Thank You. Staff and Management.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Hobart

Been to Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn? Share your experiences!