“Feels Just Like Home - Exceptional Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN

Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Florissant, Missouri, United States
“Feels Just Like Home - Exceptional Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

The staff at the Residence Inn is exceptionally nice and helpful including the morning breakfast ladies and evening social hour staff. It probably doesn't mean much to everybody but every time I and headed to the door with my arms full - they make sure the door is open and waiting for me. It just goes to show how attentive they are to their guests. The rooms are equivalent to a small apartment with all the ammenties of home (except no scissors). I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is staying in the Northwest Indiana or Chicago area no matter how long you plan on staying.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Some things may not mean much to some people, but I can assure you, your wonderful comments will mean everything to our Residence Inn/Hammond team. Thank you for recognizing the breakfast and social hour staff, we are so glad we could make your stay home away from home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I love Marriott's Residence Inns, they always smell so good. This place never disappoints me, the beds are always clean and comfortable, and their breakfast bar is always delicious. I have stayed here several times when traveling to Chicago. The staff is courteous and friendly, they show and honest caring for their patrons. This hotel is very convenient for my business travel since its very close to where I need to be in Harvey, IL, without having to go through the Chicago traffic. My rooms were always quiet even with the close proximity of the highway.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are delighted with your comments regarding our team here, our quality of food, and particularly the overall experience of your stay. Thank you again for your review and I do hope you continue to stay with us for years to come!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I only stayed one night at the residence inn, but similar to the courtyard in hammond, the staff were very friendly! The hotel is just off the 80/90 interstate which also provides easy on off access. The only draw back to this location is that there is not a lot of options for food near the hotel. There is a cracker barrel and a wendy's within walking distance of the hotel, but anything else you would want you would have to get on the interstate and travel (about two or three exits on the highway).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Very nice hotel just outside of Chicago. If you wanted to be close to the city but not right in it this would be a good choice. I can't imagine you could get a room right in the city that offers both a kitchen and separate bedroom for the same price. Free breakfast in the morning! That is always a plus. The breakfast staff was very friendly and kept the area completely clean. There are snacks for sale in the lobby but having a kitchen means you can bring your own and save on the cost. The hotel is located close to a highway but my room was on the other side and was a very quiet location with a lovely view that I was very surprised to see when I opened the curtains!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Julie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Hands down the BEST STAFF of any Hotel you will ever stay at. Friendly and fun. Julie and Lynn will ensure your stay is just like being at home. Excellent food and complimentary Spirits several nights a week. An awesome breakfast as well. The rooms are FULLY Furnished and ready for you cook just like you are in your own home. All of the staff is wonderful.

Room Tip: I was on the Second Floor and had a wonderful stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us, and even more that a big part of that was because of the great staff. I have passed on your kind comments and kudos to the ENTIRE team (who I know will be very excited to see). We hope to see you back again in the future!
detroit,mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

First stay at Residence Inn. Check-in was speedy. Stayed with another couple and she was able to put us on the same floor. The room was very clean and had a great setup. Breakfast was a little busy, but they had a lot of choices. I will be staying here on my next visit to the Chicago area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here for 6 months on business and for 6 months it was like I was at home.

The front desk staff (Jennifer Buckler, Lyssa McClure, Joel Jones, Kourtney Kolat, Adriana Martin, Kerry Massig, Antwane Dortch (maintenance)) along with the managers (Lynn Hon, Julie Swanson), were easy to talk to about anything. They were very friendly, make sure that I was enjoying my stay, and see if there was anything they could do to make it better, all of them are very knowledgeable on places to check out around the area or just a nice restaurant off the beaten path. I love the fact that they would ask what/if they could change something to make my stay feel more like home, and not be overpowering with asking.

I recommend a room facing the lake, I personally liked the 1st floor as I am a heavy walker; it’s a beautiful view, especially on the weekends when I was able to enjoy the sun rise. The rooms are spacious so you do not feel like you are smothered. When I was in my room I spent most of the time on the couch (pretty comfortable) watching TV, which is an LCD TV with lots of cable channels. I also was able to keep up with everyone back home with the free Wi-Fi the Residence Inn offers complimentary. Normally I am not a good sleeper and much worst when I am on the road sleeping in another bed but the bed here was fantastic I didn’t miss a beat on my sleep probably got more sleep here than I would back home, Oh there is a lot a LCD TV in the bedroom as well. The kitchen comes equipped with all the tools you need for an extended trip (stove, microwave, big fridge/freezer, sink, dishwasher as well as utensils, pots/pans, containers, plates, bowls, even measure spoons and can opener), if you want to grill, it works great with plenty of room to feed an army, just ask the front desk for supplies, which they have anything you could possible need to use for the grill.

I would leave for work before the 5:30am breakfast along with other contractors working at the BP Refinery, so to accommodate our needs they would have breakfast ready at 5:00am so we would be able to go to work on a full stomach. The social events that Lynn puts together, with the front staff who make the food along with Antwane manning the grill, are a great way to come home from a long day at work, relax and socialize with the other guest and hotel staff, she also changes it up so it does not get too boring having the same thing over and over.

The rooms are spotless thanks to Isabel Rios who is the nicest most polite housekeeper I have ever had at any hotel stay, she would make sure I had clean fresh sheets/towels when I needed them, my room was always picked up and when I had clean clothes laying out she would fold them and lay them on the bed. I used the stove and microwave a lot as I do not like to go out to eat and if I had dishes in the sink she would have them cleaned and put away.

If anything needed fixing Antwane is your man it doesn’t matter if it involves hotel appliances/property or personal he could do it and in a quickly manner. He maintains the pool making sure the pool is clean and at the proper chemical levels.

Being on business usually you don’t properly maintain your fitness regiment like you would at home but this was not the case in my stay. The hotel had all the equipment I use at home in the weight room, so I was able to continue my workouts and stay in shape. If you are a runner like me I recommend trying the trail by the hotel you can start at the hotel just to warn you it goes on forever, I was never able to finish it but it’s a nice scenic run around the town.

I would extremely recommend this hotel if you are in the area and staying for an extended time or even just a night.

Room Tip: Room facing the lake on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN? Share your experiences!