“5 people in 2 rooms”

Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and everyone was extremely friendly. We had a 2 bedroom suite and went to the pool daily. They have a nice exercise room. Free breakfast daily and social time on certain evenings with snacks and drinks. Our family loved it here and we would definitely recommend it to anyone that needs to stay in a hotel for any length of time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Claire D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review, as we sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, and that we were able to accommodate all of your needs here at the Residence Inn. We hope to see you again soon, thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

As our house was getting worked on we stayed here. I'm ecstatic about this place. They have meals like dinner on Tuesdays and Wednesdays sometimes mondays. This place is just over the top. great staff great food. . we love it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linsey K

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. I'm also pleased to see that you enjoyed our evening social hour. Thank you again for your feedback and kind words, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed for work, had to work an overnight shift and the staff was very accommodating for not interrupting me while sleeping during the day. Rooms were very nice, loved having a full size fridge. Was able to freeze and bring home some Fat Ricky's Deep Dish to take home. Breakfast was always ready when we got back from work. Quiet. Will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate you taking the time to review our property and am looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed with friends and family. Rooms are laid out nice. Very clean! Pool is warm and also very clean. Very easy to relax here. Note to management need bigger waste baskets in room and through hotel especially at the breakfast area. Definitely would recommend to the weary traveler or for an extended stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to meet all of your needs. I sincerely appreciate your feedback in regards to the wastebaskets in both the rooms and breakfast area. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the team. We hope to see you again soon, safe travels!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We got caught in a blizzard while driving on I-80/I-94 and needed to find a place to wait it out. We happened to be near Hammond and the Residence Inn had vacancy and allowed pets. They put my husband and I in a first floor studio which was convenient for the dog. During the stay, we had problems connecting to the internet. They resolved that very quickly. The front desk staff were more than helpful in getting us settled in. The next morning, the highways were opened up and we were able to continue on our way. The snow was so deep we had trouble getting the car out of the parking stall. Maintenance to the rescue! They shoveled us out and helped push us so we could be on our way. This was my first experience with Residence Inn and if they are all staffed with such excellent employees I will definitely be checking in with them again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KJ918
Claire D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even more pleased to hear your kind words about the entire staff! I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. I hope you will visit us again soon if you ever find yourself in the area, although hopefully not as a result of a blizzard next time!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Hammond, Indiana is not a destination spot unless you're visiting someone in town or passing through (we were doing both). This hotel sits in a tucked-away little spot behind the I-80/94 ramps at Kennedy Avenue. There isn't much around -- even the nearest gas station is in the next town. But the location is great for interstate travelers. And if you happen to be looking for a dog-friendly hotel in Northwest Indiana, there aren't many.

The staff was very friendly -- even dropping off crayons, stickers and coloring paper for our daughter -- and we found the breakfast and afternoon happy hour quite good. Renovations were in progress on a nearby room and hallway during part of our stay, but only during the daytime. Before we left, everything was cleaned up like it never happened.

We were in a room on an outside wall on the first floor, and the outside temperature dipped to the single digits overnight. It wasn't the warmest place we'd ever stayed, but the heater was working hard. The room itself was large and comfortable.

Price was a little high for this area and an advance purchase, but you get more space for the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I apolologize that there were slight renovations in progress during your stay but am happy to hear that it wasn't a disruption for you and your family. Thank you again for the review, we truly appreciate the recognition and kind words!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

There was a power outage when I arrived to check in. Since my suitcase was heavy and the elevators not working I requested a first floor room. Unfortunately, I was assigned a room right where everyone parks so I had zero privacy. At the complimentary breakfast the next a m, let's say that the guests were a bit dicey--bare feet, tattoos, and children about the age of 10-12 in their pajamas. The breakfast was unrivaled for the worst food! Half of the items were already depleted and not refilled (sausage, bacon, cereal, etc), the scrambled eggs and the pancakes were downright cold. There was an attendant who for some reason could not, would not or did not feel the need to provide for the guests. I had a reservation for 3 nights. I checked out the next morning!

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floor/s, away from the arrival of new guests.