Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
US$134
US$128
Econo Lodge(Hammond)
US$80
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN(Hammond)(Great Value!)
US$133
Motel 6
  • Restaurant
US$68
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsunder constructionbed was very comfortabledecent breakfaststaff was friendly and helpfulfront desk staffa great staynight staydowntown chicagocustomer servicecasinoshuttleskywayhorseshoefestivalguardmiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I just spent the night at the Ramada Inn in Hammond, Indiana. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before arriving and thought that such negative reviews must be by some angry travelers who were weary from traveling. Boy was I wrong! I spend about 200 nights a year in hotels and I have to say the Ramada in Hammond is one of the worst I have every stayed in. The hotel seems to cater to casino visitors in the almost everyone I saw at the hotel was in their mid 80s and there were charter buses parked in the parking lot. This hotel is more like a motel. In that in order to get to the room I had to drive around the convention center, then into the parking lot of a different hotel and circle around the back of the building to enter through the back door.

When checking in I discovered that someone had posted my reservation on the wrong date so I did not have a reservation. However, the hotel was fairly empty and since I had the confirmation notice of my reservation, the young girl honored my reservation. I had requested a King bed non-smoking room in a quiet area. When checking in the young girl seemed somewhat indifferent to my request, but did assured me that the room I was given was in a very quiet area. However, after going to my room and getting settled I realized that that the room was next to the expressway. The carpets were dirty and the room had very limited furniture. There was no closet area for the clothes, except for a bar extending from the wall. The air conditioner system was the old floor type model. In order to abate the noise from the express way, I had to turn the air condition fan on high speed. The option was to change rooms, hear the trucks from the express way, or have a super cold or hot room. I did attempt to call the front desk, but the phone rang for about 10 minutes with no answer.

Later in the evening I discovered that the sink would get backed up when running water and the commode would not flush. I again attempted to call the front desk, but again no answer. The bed had four foam rubber pillows and the mattress was obviously old and lumpy. The curtain over the window was drawn out and the light from the flood lights out side the building made the room very bright. One of the drawers on the dresser was broken and the wall paper was peeling. The shower consisted of the pre-fab type, very small and with an old straight show curtain bar. The breakfast consisted of what appeared to be dated cold cereal and bagels. I was speaking at the conference center next door and asked the front desk if I could have a 1:00 PM check out, but this was refused.

I am not sure what the options are for hotels in Hammond. But, I can assure you if I am ever in Hammond again I will either stay in a different hotel or keep drive to another city. As I indicated I stay in many hotels each year and this is one of the worst.

Room Tip: Avoid and keep driving to a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FLJ021251
Reviewed 2 November 2010

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The hotel was recently remodeled. I spoke with one of the cleaning staff and they informed me that the furniture was new as well as the beds. The bed was very comfortable! I would stay here again. I also recommend others to stay also. Thank you for a great stay!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2010

i think this hotel was nice. they had a decent breakfast, comfy beds, very friendly staff, and the pool was nice too. the casino is just minutes away, and the hotel has a shuttle to go there too. the neighborhood was ok. a lil run down, but ok. i was informed about security on the property at night, which was a lil scary, and by the way, the security guard was not nice at all.....watch out for him! we stayed for a weekend and we had a great time, great service, the front desk staff was fantastic. Carlene was very helpfull when it came to directions, and places to go and have fun. i would definetly stay there again. and i didnt see any prostitutes in the parking lot...so i wouldnt belive that. i suggest this hotel if you will be travling to hammond in.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I stayed here as the best option of the choices. The corporate rate is reasonable at $70, but any more is way to much. The rooms are dated and the cleanliness is borderline, in the sense that you still want to check the sheets, but they are probably fine. The office chair was filthy and the carpet was suspect. The staff answered questions but I was given the feeling that they had other things to do. Not un-friendly, just not customer focused. They do have a shuttle service to/from the HMI Amtrak station and the local Horseshoe Casino which is a nice touch, runs until midnight.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank knhd976
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel with the intention of traveling to and from the local casino. I was very startled by the neighborhood and wish I had read more into the reviews before I decided to stay here. It is a desolate area and overall produced an uneasy feeling. The hotel itself was okay, but certainly nowhere near a great hotel. Price was okay, but this hotel to me should be no more than $50 a night. Then it might be justified. the rooms were sufficient, clean enough with some newer features such as a new shower. The contintental breakfast was decent. Each staff member we encountered seemed frustrated with their job so customer service was non-existent. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple