“Great experience.”

Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our group became stranded when our bus broke down. Staff was very accomodating. They couldn't do enough to make sure we were comfortable during our 4 1/2 hour wait. We showed up unexpected and were warmly greeted. We could not have been stranded in a better location. Very grateful. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks. It's never any fun when your transportation breakdowns. I'm glad we were here for you and your group with a safe return home.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Plus side: quiet room, good air conditioner.
Negative side: mold in & around bathroom shower. Sign in lobby: Pardon our Dust-sign has been there for more than 1year with no visible construction. I guess it means they don't clean! Coffee in breakfast area is tasteless.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Barbara C
Christine C, General Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Barbara C: Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Your comments have been shared with all staff and management. Please accept our apologies on behalf of the staff and myself for not meeting our quality service. Renovations are in the process with completions to be completed in late summer. I have also contact our coffee service co to inspect and adjust the equipment as needed. Again thank your for your comments.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel could use some updating but overall we thought it was fine. The beds were comfy and seemed fresh to me. I also thought the room was clean for as old as this place is. The rate was excellent, would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peace1126
Christine C, General Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your comments and to let you know about our renovations. Having just picked out the carpets, wallcover, drapes and more. Also adding a new fitness room with completion scheduled for late spring early summer. Please come visit soon and see the new look.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We're in town for a funeral. They gave us such a fair rate we were able to do 2 rooms rather than cramming into one. The room is great, the breakfast is really great. The beds are comfortable, the maid service is excellent. I really have no complaints. We had a problem with a noisy air conditioner, they fixed it immediately. The rooms are "older" but I get the sense that is normal for this town. We were very happy with our stay and appreciate them being there for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Christine C, General Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments during this time of your loss. Please accept our deepest condolences.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The price was reasonable for the area and it was close to my daughter. So I chose it. First thing I found out when I got there was the pool has been closed down for a year. It is an older hotel and I do not mind older. I have stayed in older before and even some with minor mildew smell. But it has had some severe roof damage and mildew problems apparently. They placed us on the first floor and our room seemed decently clean. But the smell is atrocious. If you go upstairs (we did to go to the vending machine) it will knock you down. I thought "Hey... I can tough it out for one night". But had a difficult time sleeping because my friend who had traveled with me stayed in the other bed. Her breathing was very troubled and I worried for her all night. Feel so guilty now that I kept us in this hotel because now it appears that she caught mites from there. I guess my daughter & I were lucky that we slept in the other bed by the air conditioner. The people in the hotel were friendly and nice and due to my clean test (although I don't have a way to test for mites) the room appeared to have been cleaned very nicely. The room also looked very nice. I do not know what the strange smell in our room was. But the smells from upstairs was very strongly mold & mildew damage. Even with the nice fragrance they had spraying into the hall outside our room. I know that to fix this hotel would be so expensive but I hate to tell them they need to just go ahead and bulldoze it and start over. If you are looking for a cheaper place to stay and do not mind toughing it out a bit...you could carry some of the new spray for beds they are selling. There is also a decent restaurant right next door in the parking lot. Food was good, cheesecake was a slice of heaven, and the pina colados were great! I am giving it a higher cleanliness rating because I felt that the maids are doing the best they can at keeping the better rooms clean.

Room Tip: If you decide to go for the bargain ask for first floor only (no elevator and the smell upstairs is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Christine C, Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your comments. Good or bad, we certainly appreciate all our customers comments & concerns. Renovations have been slowly started and will be getting on full swing this fall. When returning to the Hammond area please visit us again; and allow us the privilege of providing you with a hotel that the staff and management are proud of. Along with down home Hoosier Hospitality as it should be.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Not a bad hotel but nothing great. It is a good place if you are going to be running into Chicago late to stay overnight at a decent price. It is 30 minutes outside of Chicago, depending on the time of day. The rooms were clean and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Yes, the property is not new, but it is clean. Shiela could not have gone out of her way to make our stay more pleasant. The room was larger than expected, and while not everything is brand new, it is comfortable and functionable. Room had micro, refrigerator, decent TV, coffee in room. Room had one sitting chair, and perhaps could have used another one. The walls are a bit thin and you might hear some noise, even the trains in the distance, but it should not keep you awake unless it's a party going on and you were not invited. Breakfast was decent, nothing over the top, but decent and satisfying. One heads up, there are no elevators and there is a second story, so if stairs are an issue, request a first floor. Also, there is a complimentary shuttle to and from the Horseshoe Casino.

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the pool area so you do not have to look at the front parking lot. Goo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing

Been to Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!