“On A Five Week Road Trip And This Was The Best Hotel We Stayed In”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were on a road trip and picked this hotel to stay in because of its proximity to the train into Chicago and also because we felt it would be a safe area to use as a 'homebase' for a few days. We were not disappointed in our choice. The hotel was situated off the highway but tucked in the back of group of restaurants and other Marriott hotels. It was very quiet with a pond next to it with swans swimming on it when we were there. Easy access to the highways and train station. The staff was fantastic - from desk to maintenance - everyone had a ready smile and went out of their way to be helpful. We were given a print out by the front desk with driving directions for various points in the area which was invaluable. Theres so much nice things to say about the staff......The breakfast area, clean and well stocked, the hostess always smiling and eager to help and make sure you have just the right breakfast to start your day. The woman who cleaned our room. Couldn't believe there were mints on our pillow welcoming us into the room. The kids were delighted. And how do you thank someone for the gift of the smile she brought to the kids faces after a long day in Chicago. Walking into the room exhausted to find she'd not only tidied up the room but she'd placed the kids stuffed animals on the bed so they were facing them when they got back to their room. The pool area was clean and the staff checked regularly to see that towels were available for guests. Washer and drier on the second floor worked well. All in all a great place to stay and a place we will be returning to. We traveled over 5200 miles on our road trip. The Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hammond, Indiana was the best place we stayed in.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were assigned a room on the top floor. Never heard any noise from ha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keightee
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. We truly enjoy receiving feedback from our guests, especially when it is positive. We look forward to your future visits with us!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed several times at this hotel, co located with several other Marriott properties right off the ramp from Route 80. For those heading East to get on the Indiana turnpike, (just a few miles down the road) , a great stop and a lot cheaper and easier than hotels closer in to Chicago.
Overall - "eh" - nothing memorable, but nothing bad. small breakfast room, dated place, small parking lot and often crowded due to location

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FranMan55
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Just a quick note to say thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We truly look forward to receiving feedback from our guests. I also wanted to let you know that we are scheduled for a renovation in December of this year so we hope you will visit us after that!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I didnt like Hammond very much, but if I had to go again, I'd stay at this hotel. It was clean, and very quiet. There's alot of traffic right outside the window from the highway, but I didn't hear it. I also didn't hear other hotel guests.

Check in was quick, and the front desk clerk upgraded us to an executive room. It had a little seating area, a second tv and even a little stereo. The wifi worked well, the room was clean and a decent size. The shower had pretty decent water pressure to run the fancy showerhead too.

Room Tip: I'd suggest asking for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank squirlgal1

I wanted to take a moment and thank you fo writing a review of our hotel. Feedback from our guests is truly valued and we look foward to receiving it. We look foward to your future visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I pulled into the Fairfield Inn, Hammond when I was stuck in horrendous Memorial Day traffic. My fiancé and I are temporarily doing long distance, so he came from MI to meet me. Since I was booking the room with no notice, I knew it would be a little pricey. The front desk recommended that we upgrade to the executive king since it was only $10 more. It was worth it! Really nice sitting area and spacious bedroom, 2 tvs etc. We really enjoyed our night there. Only thing I will criticize is that, for the price, the breakfast is a little underwhelming. But, in a pinch Fairfield was great!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a reviews of our hotel. The staff and management team here are committed to providing excellent customer service and look forward to receiving valuable feedback from our guests. We look foward to your future visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Amazing costumer service.We arrived late night thursday, our room was ready. We stayed in the 4th floor suite. Adile, the front desk receptionist, was amazing. He provided excellent customer service. The continental breakfast was until 9:00 am. I arrived twenty minutes late, the employee working offered me a full breakfast. She was so nice. We travel a lot in the US, and stay in different rated starred hotels, and this was by far the best customer service we have ever encountered. We will definitely come back in the near future. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. We enjoy receiving feedback from our guests, especially when they are complimentary such as yours. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you visit us again sometime in the future....maybe after our renovation at the end of this year.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Leary about staying here so close to interstate and railroad tracks, but it was surprisingly quiet. I live in the country and was amazed by how quiet the hotel was. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast. The bathrooms are small, but clean. Beds very comfortable.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Denise M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. The staff and management team truly value feedback from all of our guests, especially when we know they were happy with their stay. We do hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This hotel provided the 3 basics, shelter, heat, and hot water and I found no insects. Therefore, it met my ratings as "safe place to stay for the night". However, I chose which bed to sleep in based on which sheets were not stained. (As in, yes, one of our sheets were full of suspicious stains when I pulled the blankets and sheets back to check for bed bugs.) For the price we were charged for our room, it was a word I'm not allowed to place in this review. For twenty dollars more, I have stayed at a W Hotel in the last week and will be staying at a Pan Pacific in the next week...so the hotel certainly takes advantage of the Dark Lord crowd.
The staff was very polite. If you are staying at the hotel to travel to Three Floyds, it is more like a 15 minute drive to the brewery, as opposed to the 2 miles the hotel advertises. We were also told there was a shuttle for Dark Lord Days when we called, and it wasn't until we arrived that we found out that it was $10 per person each way, costing us an additional $40.
I agree with the other hotel reviewers, being right off the highway, you will hear highway traffic all night. I was woken up several times by air brakes, as well as footsteps from the room above. There is a Cracker Barrel next door, but the hotel also offers free breakfast, which was decent.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room. We were facing the Courtyard and there was still excessive n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. The staff and management team here truly enjoy receiving feedback from all of our guests. Feedback such as yours is used to improve our hotel. We do hope you see you in the future. Warm Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN? Share your experiences!