“Lacks Consistency”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Lacks Consistency”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here on 3 different occasions over the past three weeks. First stay was great. Was upgraded to an executive king for the same price I was originally quoted. Second stay was in a standard room with 2 double beds. One bed felt broken. Final stay I was in a king. I felt once the Fairfield knew I was staying there on 3 separate occasions, they forgot about me. Treated me like royalty on my first stay but then nothing. Yes, I am platinum with Marriott Rewards so I expect a little higher customer service.

Pool and hot tub were nice. Exercise closet, way to small to be called a room, was weak. One treadmill, an elliptical and some free weights.

Front desk staff was nice.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank arejay37
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for the review of your stay with us. We are truly sorry you were not 100% satisfied. Our work out room just went through a renovation and we are working on ordering another piece of equipment. As for the complimentary upgrade, we truly try to recognize our Platinum members with this courtesy, however it is based on availability.

Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vernon Hills, IL
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We booked one night at this Fairfield because we had tickets to see Penn & Teller at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond.
From arrival to departure, the whole experience exceeded out expectations: the front desk staff was friendly and courteous; the room was remarkable spacious, clean, and comfortable; the bed was just right--not too firm, not too soft. In fact, it appears that this facility was recently refurbished, since everything in the room and the lobby was spotless.
The breakfast had the typical Fairfield variety and the lady in charge was constantly in motion keeping everything supplied and ship shape.
Will definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room on the backside, which faces the expressway and a set of railroad tracks. However, we...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for your Five Star Rating of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to see how much guests enjoy our hotel.....let's us know we are doing something right! We look forward to your next visit!
Chehalis
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The hotel was undergoing renovation, but our room was updated and very nice and comfortable. Bed was comfortable and slept well. There is food close to hotel.This was the second stay there and would stay again. Desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Chicago Southeast/Hammond.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our newly renovated room, and do hope to see you again soom!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Pros: Exceptional staff and the hotel had a nice appearance. Great breakfast!!

Cons: Beds were small and ours was broken! One leg was broken and we had to prop it up so it didn't tip to one side. There was a lot of hair in the bathtub and the room smelled like cigarette smoke. At about 9:30 a.m. there was an extremely loud pounding that woke up our baby. It may have been a vacuum hitting the wall in the room above ours. Our view was of two, large dumpsters filled with the same chairs that were in our room. And some were just laying on the pavement. Not super impressive.

I was hoping for a better experience from a Marriott owned location. It wasn't intolerable, but I'd probably pick one of the hotels next door instead.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay but did want to let you know that once our renovatioin is complete I believe you will find it to be a more comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable experience to stay with us. Therefore, I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The front desk staff is very good. However, the manager of the property has very poor problem solving skills. She refused to talk with me directly when she was clearly available. She hid behind the front desk staff rather than take my call.....Bad business.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry you feel that you did not receive the service you so deserve. I have always spoken to any guest that requests so provided I am informed by my staff. I pride myself in doing whatever I can to resolve any issues that our guests experience. Please feel free to contact me should you so desire.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Not impressed with the jacuzzi room, there was a definite smell that was very noticeable when you entered the room. The room was okay your regular hotel room. The continental breakfast was marginal -not a lot of heathy choices -the melon was a little slimy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am truly sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. While I reallze our jacuzzi rooms are a little outdated, I wanted to inform you that we will be going through a renovation in December so I hope you will try us again.
Brooklyn, Michigan
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I used this hotel as a pitstop for picking up my husband from the airport. I chose the whirlpool spa room and relaxed for a few hours before picking him up from Midway. At 3am, when we arrived back together, we laid down on the bed and realized that it was broken! My 1/2 of the bed was fine, but his sunk down at an odd angle when he laid down. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable night. The hotel was full, so nothing was done. I turned in a complaint and asked for a partial refund, but I was ignored. I use Marriott hotels often, but I have officially boycotted Fairfield Inn. It seems to be their lowest quality with the least customer service.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel, upon arrival check your bed for stability. Ask for another room immediatel...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am truly sorry your experienced a problem with your bed but do wish you had spoken with me prior to your departure. I wanted to inform you that we will be going through a renovation in December so I do hope your will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN? Share your experiences!