“Avoid at any means”

Key West Inn Hobart
Key West Inn Hobart
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Drive further if you need to. This was totally disgusting. Even my husband said it was a mistake to stay here. The carpet was scary dirty. Husband put sandals on and I laid down a towel on floor because after a shower I didn't want to get my feet all dirty again. In one area it looked like they removed a table but neglected to vacuum dust from 20 years of accumulating.

We must have been over tired to stay here. When I first went in the room, the smoke alarm was beeping (low battery?) The attendant came and replaced the battery but it still beeped. He then offered to just disconnect it so there would be no smoke alarm. Why we did not turn and run and save ourselves at this point I do not know!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Go_GreenBay

Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you are used to staying in Hiltons or Hyatts then this is probably not the place for you. However if your a guy who needs a place to lay up for the evening cheaply then this will fill the bill. Rooms are a little beat up but mine was clean in spite of being rough around the edges.
The location isn't bad but is a little industrial being located next to the expressway. The folks that checked me in we're friendly and it ran me 45 dollars for the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ddbii
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My room is gross!! Carpet is DISGUSTING and the room smells like mold and stale cigarette smoke. I had some black woman knocking on my door twice because she claims she forgot what room she was in. The tv is HORRIBLE! My bed is broken in the center. No face rags or tissue! Tiny bar of soap (will post pics). They charged me $45 for one night. I wouldn't be happy paying $15 for this DUMP!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Amanda2489
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We just needed to crash for a few hours while traveling before starting again in the morning, so decided to take this cheap option. Expect the absolute minimum of anything. The pillows are small and cheap, no facial tissues in the room, no hand towels. Two small bars of soap, plastic cups, towels, that's about it. The bed is okay, didn't notice any bed bugs like another person, but we were on the second floor. You can hear noise from the parking lot, but not the other rooms, so that was good. It does have free wifi and HBO, though the TV looked like it was from the '80s.

We had the most reservations about the place checking in. You have to stand in this little cubicle if it's after dark, and the clerk really didn't seem to be interested in helping us. We disturbed her phone call. The list of rules is posted next to the window. Things like "if you check in before 7AM, your checkout will be 11AM the same day". Ice is NOT free, and if the lobby is closed, you can't use the microwave or vending machines.

It's okay if you're really strapped, but next time we'll go down the road and spend a little more.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BKB02
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Room 106 of this motel has bed bugs. I stayed there four days and noticed the bites the day after I left. The lower cost is clearly not worth the consequences.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank pjc87guy
Reviewed 5 October 2007

I called to reserve a room for my husband & helper while he was in town working & the RUDE lady who answered said they don't take reservations. I then offered to flat out pay in advance for the room with a credit card, but she notified me they can't do that either. She did tell me she would hold the room until 6:00 p.m. for my husband & just took his name. He gets there at 5:45 & she had RENTED HIS ROOM!!! He reminded her it wasn't even near 6:00 & her reply was, "I have to do what my manager tells me." NO ROOMS, NO APOLOGIES!! So my husband, who left the job site just to check in & pay for the room, had to drive around a town he's not familiar with to find something else. He did find a very nice Lees Inn, but ended up paying over DOUBLE what he had planned. These rude people lie & clearly have no customer service skills.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Anna A

Been to Key West Inn Hobart? Share your experiences!