“A beautiful but noisy property” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Howe

Holiday Inn Express Howe
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Howe
Peabody, MA
“A beautiful but noisy property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Outwardly the Holiday Inn Express in Howe IN is a beautiful property. The grounds and the rooms are meticulously maintained. The staff is very pleasant. The rates are a tad high for the market yet typical for Holiday Inn Express with typical discounts available.

But...

It has got to be one of the noisiest properties that I have ever stayed at. Not from the guests, mind you, but from the physical plant. Every time a door would close, either on my floor or below me, the building would shake. Management needs to find a way to prevent the door closers from slamming the doors into the frame.

I arrived late and tried to sleep late. This was impossible due to the constant slamming of doors from the various rooms. I was planning on asking for a late check out and trying to sleep in. By 9AM my nerves were shot.

Room Tip: Avoid the "Queen suites" particularly those with room numbers 100-200-300. They are locat...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank projectorfixer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were in the area for a family reunion and chose to stay here this year. Overall, very nice. Our room was very clean, and had a fridge and microwave, the facilities were well kept. It included a very good hot breakfast. Had minor trouble accessing the free wi-fi. Only problem, not the hotels fault, were the kids from a youth group that were noisy at night.

• Stayed August 2011
Superior, NE.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We are thankful for finding this great place when we were so tired. They had a very fair fee. Especially for being off the interstate. They were professional and polite. We stayed on the 24th of July and the girl's working in the evening and the next day treated us like we were royalty. Thank-you girls. We will be back!

Room Tip: Check for coupon at a rest area nearby.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I won a gift certificate from my work for this hotel. Which was suprisingly pet friendly. It was so nice to be able to take our dog on a vacation. As an executive housekeeper myself I did a intense room check to check for the cleanliness of our room. I was glad that all I found one minor problem our room was so clean! All items in the room worked great- the ac froze me out of my room. The 3rd shift lady was so nice to give me extra blankets that she had to walk to the other side of the hotel to get. The family suite took care of all our needs. This is a great place for a family stay- it was so quiet despite being next to the toll road!

• Stayed July 2011
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express twice within the past month while traveling with my daughter between NY state and Chicago. Never had a reservation. It is very conveniently located off of I-90. Both times our room backed out onto the highway, but the soundproofing was pretty good--the traffic noise did not affect our sleep. The place is pretty basic but clean. Breakfast was decent and hot and fresh. One tip--make sure you pick up one of those coupon saver books at a service stop in Indiana or Ohio. Use the coupon! We did (both times) and were charged only $64.95 plus tax. While checking in this last time, the couple in front of us (who did not have a coupon) were told the AAA rate was $117! That is too much in my mind and I would not pay that price for a room here. But at $65, it's a deal!

• Stayed August 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lsabjazz
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

We were on our way to Chicago and needed a place to stay. My daughter found this on the map and we decided to stop for the night. We didn't have reservations, which I always have to have, and we were placed in a nice room. Staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if I would be traveling out that way.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed only one night - but are thrilled that this chain is pet friendly. Our small dog is no bother to anyone. Quick check in. Very comfortable room/bed. We did not eat breakfast at the property because we were looking forward to having breakfast at our favorite Amish restaurant. Only 15 minutes to Shipshewana!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howe
BEST WESTERN PLUS Howe Inn
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn Sturgis-Lagrange Area
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana
Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Howe? Share your experiences!