“Great stay...”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Howe
FREMONT
“Great stay...”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here late at night without a reservation. Natasha, the night clerk, was extremely helpful, got us a room at a great price, and gave me some helpful advice. The room was clean and comfortable, and the amenities were nice. The only bad thing was that it was a little hard to get to in the dark...but we were able to get to it. Would stay here again, were I to pass this way again.

• Stayed May 2013
HolidayInn H, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this review, 13 September 2016
Thank you for the great review and i am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I really hope to see you in future travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Traveling the interstate, this was convenient to the Indiana tollway and even close to a Walmart to pick ups few treats for our grand kids. Breakfast had good variety, very friendly stall , good beds, and comfortable pillows.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the great review. We look Forward to seeing you in the future

Ft. Wayne, IN
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Staff were very friendly from the time we checked in to when we checked out. They offered free soup in the lounge from a local restaurant which was very good! We were reminded that if we needed anything extra shampoo, toothbrush, comb, etc. to just call or stop by the front desk and it'd be no problem. Somewhat out of the way from town, but we didn't mind. The only negative was that the pool was out of commission when we stayed, and was to be fixed the next day, but too late for our stay. Overall, it was a good experience! :)

Room Tip: You can enter the doors on the side of the building if you park in the back, We did so since our ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great review we look forward to seeing you in recent ravels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The staff was very friendly and personable. The living/dining room where breakfast is served was comfortable. It had a sofa facing both a fireplace and big screen TV. Behind it are the tables for dining. The breakfast was great! Instead of the waffle maker, they have a pancake maker! They made a home made strawberry compote to top the pancakes. They had hot food available both mornings that we were there. The cold selections were good and the area kept clean. In the afternoons they have hot soup available with crackers. The pool is indoor and looked like it would be a fun place for kids. The entire property seemed very clean (cleanest room I have been in lately) and the staff was very friendly. It is convenient to the freeway and a convention center down the street. It is about a 5 minute drive to restaurants and shopping. Directly across the street (walking distance) is a convenience store. The room was typical and the beds and pillows comfortable. I would recommend this to anyone staying in Howe.

Room Tip: We faced away from the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you in future travels

Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Seriously, if you have any net nations of staying here, request a room on the South side of the hotel. All rooms to the north are about 100 yards from I80. Constant noise and rumble from the big trucks. It is now midnight and relentless. I asked to be moved, the hotel is full.......they do however have a plentiful supply of ear plugs. My suggestion, stay at the Hampton inn on the Sturgis, Mi side.

Room Tip: South facing rooms only
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear SkiBiker970,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am very sorry for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Bend
Reviewed 17 April 2013

After reading some reviews, I have to wonder what people expect from a hotel... I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. When I checked in, Natasha was very friendly & helpful. There was fresh soup in the breakfast area that is brought in from one of the local restaurants, that was a wonderful thing after driving. Saved me from having to go get dinner. My room was fine - clean & in good condition. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows weren't my favorite. Fortunately, there were enough to find the right combination that worked. Breakfast was typical of hotel buffets, but was good. The mini omelets were good, as were the biscuits & gravy. I didn't get a chance to try the pool like I wanted, but the pool area was well kept & the pool was clean. I only had 1 glitch in my stay, and that was the 5:30am wake up call that I hadn't asked for, but otherwise, I had no problems at all. Everyone was nice to deal with, and made the stay good. I'd have no problem staying here again. It's right off the toll road, not far from Shipshewana.

Room Tip: Odd # rooms face the Toll Road which is right outside, Even number rooms face the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stopped at this property because it was convenient and between two customer sites. The staff was friendly. I did not have time to use the pool but noted that it had a handicap lift but no whirlpool. The workout room seemed to be in good shape.

The breakfast was not up to usual HI standards. The food items available were very limited, and although there was a staff member present, they did not replenish the food items despite it being only 8:45 so I left somewhat hungry.

My room was comfortable overall but was showing signs of age. For instance, the grout in the bathroom tile could really use some bleach and the furniture showed signs of wear. The exhaust fan made a loud racket and the heat unit seemed to show a great deal of difference between 67 and 68 degrees. My room faced the interstate and despite having a fully closed window the road noise was very loud and constant. I turned the heat unit on constant fan and put the TV on low and was able to drown out enough of the noise to get a good nights sleep. The bed was comfortable.

If I'm passing through again I think I might avoid this hotel and opt for one of the other ones just up the road and further from the interstate.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not facing the interstate are much quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear redwolf275,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is nice to know that you found the staff to be friendly and the room comfortable. I am truly sorry to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. In addition, I apologize for the not up to par expectation with the room. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howe
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Hampton Inn Sturgis-Lagrange Area
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Howe? Share your experiences!