“Very comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Howe
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Howe
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Very convenient and comfortable place to stay. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I stayed here two nights and didn't have any problems at all. The hotel is right off the highway and wasn't hard to get to if you follow the signs. Its location was a plus. The breakfast was good and had many different things to choose from. I even had a chat with the Manager. She was checking in on her staff. Not even working that day. This is a hotel that cares about its guests and its employees. I loved it. The rooms were very decently priced as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
HolidayInn H, GEC at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Sposey1980,
I personally would like to thank you for your 5 star review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on trying to accommodate all of our guest's needs like our fantastic breakfast, and the Bath & Body Works that you found in your room. We do have refrigerators and microwaves, but unfortunately our standard rooms do not have them. We do hope you choose to come and stay with us agin in the future.
Erica

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here late at night without a reservation. Natasha, the night clerk, was extremely helpful, got us a room at a great price, and gave me some helpful advice. The room was clean and comfortable, and the amenities were nice. The only bad thing was that it was a little hard to get to in the dark...but we were able to get to it. Would stay here again, were I to pass this way again.

• Stayed: May 2013
HolidayInn H, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for the great review and i am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I really hope to see you in future travels

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Traveling the interstate, this was convenient to the Indiana tollway and even close to a Walmart to pick ups few treats for our grand kids. Breakfast had good variety, very friendly stall , good beds, and comfortable pillows.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the great review. We look Forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Staff were very friendly from the time we checked in to when we checked out. They offered free soup in the lounge from a local restaurant which was very good! We were reminded that if we needed anything extra shampoo, toothbrush, comb, etc. to just call or stop by the front desk and it'd be no problem. Somewhat out of the way from town, but we didn't mind. The only negative was that the pool was out of commission when we stayed, and was to be fixed the next day, but too late for our stay. Overall, it was a good experience! :)

Room Tip: You can enter the doors on the side of the building if you park in the back, We did so since our ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review we look forward to seeing you in recent ravels

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The staff was very friendly and personable. The living/dining room where breakfast is served was comfortable. It had a sofa facing both a fireplace and big screen TV. Behind it are the tables for dining. The breakfast was great! Instead of the waffle maker, they have a pancake maker! They made a home made strawberry compote to top the pancakes. They had hot food available both mornings that we were there. The cold selections were good and the area kept clean. In the afternoons they have hot soup available with crackers. The pool is indoor and looked like it would be a fun place for kids. The entire property seemed very clean (cleanest room I have been in lately) and the staff was very friendly. It is convenient to the freeway and a convention center down the street. It is about a 5 minute drive to restaurants and shopping. Directly across the street (walking distance) is a convenience store. The room was typical and the beds and pillows comfortable. I would recommend this to anyone staying in Howe.

Room Tip: We faced away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you in future travels

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Seriously, if you have any net nations of staying here, request a room on the South side of the hotel. All rooms to the north are about 100 yards from I80. Constant noise and rumble from the big trucks. It is now midnight and relentless. I asked to be moved, the hotel is full.......they do however have a plentiful supply of ear plugs. My suggestion, stay at the Hampton inn on the Sturgis, Mi side.

Room Tip: South facing rooms only
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Howe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear SkiBiker970,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am very sorry for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 April 2013

After reading some reviews, I have to wonder what people expect from a hotel... I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. When I checked in, Natasha was very friendly & helpful. There was fresh soup in the breakfast area that is brought in from one of the local restaurants, that was a wonderful thing after driving. Saved me from having to go get dinner. My room was fine - clean & in good condition. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows weren't my favorite. Fortunately, there were enough to find the right combination that worked. Breakfast was typical of hotel buffets, but was good. The mini omelets were good, as were the biscuits & gravy. I didn't get a chance to try the pool like I wanted, but the pool area was well kept & the pool was clean. I only had 1 glitch in my stay, and that was the 5:30am wake up call that I hadn't asked for, but otherwise, I had no problems at all. Everyone was nice to deal with, and made the stay good. I'd have no problem staying here again. It's right off the toll road, not far from Shipshewana.

Room Tip: Odd # rooms face the Toll Road which is right outside, Even number rooms face the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Howe
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Hampton Inn Sturgis-Lagrange Area
9 mi away
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana
10 mi away
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Holiday Inn Express Fremont

Been to Holiday Inn Express Howe? Share your experiences!