“Cheap climbing gym with poor short routes”
Review of Climb Time Indy

Climb Time Indy
Ranked #24 of 59 Fun & Games in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb Time Indy is dedicated to providing the best that rock climbing has to offer. We are focused on maintaining a safe environment where climbers of all ability levels and ages can get better, learn more and above all else, have fun climbing. Climb Time offers a wide range of difficulty levels from very easy to moderate to extremely difficult. Whether you are looking for powerful bouldering, sustained routes, or just a day out with the family, Climb Time Indy has what you are looking for!
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This gym is best set up for bouldering as the walls are very short ~10m. So as I hit the bouldering walls I realized the main draw back at Climb time. Easier bouldering routes are very poorly set! Each V0 or V1 was just a ladder with right hand left hand up up up..... There were no interesting problems until you moved into much harder ratings. Perhaps if they re-set some harder routes with larger holds there would be an interesting challenge for beginners. Also it would be difficult to progress as much the mental technique is so important to learn along with physical training.

The place was very dark especially the Far overhanging wall where a headlamp would have helped on the route. Overall the gym feels ordinary, uninspired, and just kind of hanging on. The staff seems tired and annoyed that they need to do their jobs, and I agree with other reviewers that their handicapped belay setups and lackluster attitude about training are irresponsible.

Either way its a good work out in a pinch, but it wouldn't be much fun with a membership.

2  Thank M_Cleav

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Doesn't look very big from the outside, but it was great. Spent most of the day here with the 4 of us climbing. Some areas more challenging than others.

2  Thank DutchLace
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Good for something different to do. Great activity to do with family and friends. Requires Moderate to Good physical health. You will leave tired.

1  Thank Carla O
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Great staff of young guys who were willing to help a first-timer and two kids. You're free to explore on your own. Although we had passes to climb free, I'd pay the rates without question and will definitely return. Best time to go may be during the week when crowds are a little smaller. Those shoes hurt! Lie and give them a shoe size 3 times what yours really is :)

1  Thank thebri2
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I'm a therapist for autistic children. I recently took a 7 year old client and his cousin to Climb Time for a therapeutic play date. The only available seating is stained and disgusting. The staff was rude and when I asked him if he could speak to me differently, I received only a sarcastic and rude reply followed by additional comments. Instructions were barked at me as if I was less than a paying customer. When my client (again, he's autistic) didn't understand instructions, he spoke to him in such a belittling tone that I had to step in. Luckily, my client was oblivious to the treatment he had received and went on to enjoy the experience. This was my second time visiting. The first time, was just as dirty, but a more pleasant experience. Second time, if it hadn't been for the children, I would have requested my money back and left immediately.

6  Thank Jpreddie