“More Attention To Detail Required”

Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive
Ranked #85 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 October 2013

There was no paper tissues in the room, the tap had a slight leak and the wi-fi was rather slow. However, the rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious and the cooked breakfast was very good.

With a little more attention to detail this good be a very good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mal033
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
I would like to apologize for the less then perfect stay you had with us. I have shared your online survey with the staff to make sure these problems get fixed.

I am glad your room was comfortable and that you had a chance to enjoy the breakfast.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Beds are very comfortable, and the breakfast is great. Very close to many places to eat. The front desk staff was helpful making check in VERY quickly. We had a room with 1 King bed, the room was very spacious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank whitestang64

Thank you for taking the time to review the stay at the Comfort Suites.
I am glad that you found the beds comfortable and the breakfast enjoyable.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past two years and found it to be exceptional. Very comfortable, very clean, great staff. However on my last stay I have problems with the internet to the point that it didn't work at all on the morning I checked out. I told the front desk about it and they said they had "reset it". It still didn't work so I couldn't read or answer emails that morning. When I checked out they said "we just got the internet working again" - to which I replied it was too late for me and I wouldn't be returning to their hotel since I need internet connection to get work done. They said "oh we are so sorry - we are getting new internet service this week". As I told them that did me no good on that stay! Instead of two people sitting at the front desk visiting they should have stayed with the problem instead of waiting for guest feedback as to whether it was working or not for two hours! Like I said - I won't go back - there are LOTS of hotels in that area that probably have consistently working internet!

Room Tip: Can't depend on the internet here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review about your stay with us at the Comfort Suites.
I apologize about the experience you had with the internet. I understand that it is very frustrating when the internet doesn’t work. I have shared your review with the staff to make sure they know what to do in the future when the internet does go down.
Please contact me directly at csindianapolis@midwesthospitality.com so we can get this issue resolved.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Suites 3 separate times over the summer and we got a terrific rate for a hotel of this caliber. The rooms were immaculate and the front desk people extremely friendly and helpful. Our only disappointment was with breakfast, but that is something that is lacking everywhere we stay and thus we usually end up eating out for breakfast. Nearby was a Cracker Barrel, a Waffle House and a Bob Evans so we had no problem in that regard. Our last stay, we even came out in the morning and the hotel had cleaned our windshield! We will definitely stay here when traveling through Indy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slick01

Thank you for taking the time out to share about your stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that the room was immaculate and that the front desk was helpful and friendly. Every staff member is a great asset to our hotel and it is wonderful to hear how helpful they were to our guests.
I apologize about breakfast being disappointing, I have shared this with our breakfast staff to make sure this issue is resolved.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Every year we go to the Indy 500 race and every year for the last four years we've stayed in this hotel. Just down the street from Target, fast food, and Uno's pizza, it's in a great location. Not far from the track, just far enough to be away from the crowds. The rooms are extremely clean and spacious. Perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for such a positive review about your stay at the Comfort Suites!
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you come every year!
I have shared your review with the staff and we all look forward to seeing you at the next Indy 500 race.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I would like to give this hotel a better review, but I can't. We stayed there on the way to a bike trip in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We arrived late and left early. Upon arrival, we checked in a received a key to "our" room by a very friendly reception clerk. However, when we opened the door we realized that the room had not been made up at all- Beds unmade, towels on the floor, etc. Back to the reception desk and the apologetic clerk offered us another room. It was close to midnight, so I jumped into bed and fell asleep right away. However, upon waking up I discovered a sign on my bed asking to "please change my sheets" (I don't remember the exact wording but the meaning was clear. Breakfast (included) was good and the price was reasonable. I still rated the hotel as average, assuming they just had a bad day, however, I cannot give it more than one star for cleanliness, based on our experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to fill out a review on Trip Advisor.
I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced while a guest at our hotel.
I apologize for the cleanliness of the room you were checked into. I have printed off your review to share with our housekeeping staff to make sure this does not happen again.
I am very glad to hear that breakfast was good and that you thought the price was reasonable.
I sincerely hope we get to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night, check in was relatively painless. First room we were given had an overwhelming, migraine-inducing, chemical smell mixed with cigarette smoke (in a non smoking hotel). When we asked to change rooms the desk clerk was very helpful and polite and moved us immediately. The second room also had a slight odd odor, but thankfully at a tolerable level. The mattress was on the saggy side and the shower didn't drain well, but overall it wasn't a horrible stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
General M, Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I apologize for the odors you experience in your room. I have shared this with housekeeping to make sure this problem is fixed.
I am glad that the desk clerk was helpful and polite with you.
Please contact me directly at csindianapolis@midwesthospitality.com so we can hopefully get this problem taken care of.
We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.