“Good stay close to lots of restaurants & freeway”

Comfort Suites Indianapolis
Ranked #90 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Good stay close to lots of restaurants & freeway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here for a Colts NFL game and wanted to stay a bit away from the game crowd.

There were some "problems" with this hotel, but the front desk people were VERY accommodating on trying to help us. The bed was comfortable (firm but soft) with various pillows to choose from. However, the walls seemed thin. We were next to someone who came in at 3 a.m. and proceeded to turn on the TV loudly, open/close drawers, etc. for the next hour or so! The next day I mentioned it to the front desk person, and she moved us to a different floor and a room with no-one next to it. We were very grateful because that first night was miserable!

The other negative was the free wifi...it was VERY "hit-or-miss". It often said it couldn't find the internet. The clerk downstairs said it might be our computer (Mac) or using "Safari" and he "reset the router". Once he did that, our computer "found" the internet but only managed to stay on for a half-hour or so. We kept restarting our computer in order for it to work for a bit, but it was really a pain-in-the-rearend! We need internet access on our trips, so really, this motel needs to upgrade its router/server/whatever so that it works on both Macs and PCs or different browsers. We stay at Choice Hotels a lot and most of them have great free wifi, so I knows it's possible....

They have a sign on their desk, that their staff "washes your car windshield" during your stay so you have a safe drive to your destination. I don't know when they did it, but our car windshield was clean every morning!

One further note....this hotel is a few miles from a large shopping mall (Greenwood Park Mall off County Road) which has (it seems) almost every restaurant known to mankind! lol. Seriously, lots of meal choices!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay at Comfort Suites.
I apologize that your first night was miserable and that the WI-FI was hit or miss, but I am glad that the front desk was able to move your room and make it more enjoyable.
I am glad that you enjoyed having your windshield washed in the morning by the staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Tiffany Shaffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Madison, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We checked into this hotel this past Saturday at about 9pm. I picked it out based off of the reviews on here and there gov't discount. When we got to our rooms they were both dirty from the previous night. I went to the front desk and the next room we were moved too had people in it, then next room had a horrible smell in it. We finally went back to our original rooms and the employee agreed to clean them. We waited for 45 minutes, my wife took the kids to the pool to keep them occupied, it was freezing cold and not even suitable to swim in. So we had a total of 5 small children standing around b/c the beds were dirty and the bathrooms were filthy. Finally the front desk employee came and personally cleaned our rooms, comped us, and gave us an additional free stay.

I will say that he tried to make it right and was very apologetic. The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were nice.

It was just unfortunate that after a long day, we had to go through this ordeal.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dubentz
General M, Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites.
I want to apologize for your recent experience in the hotel regarding the cleanliness of the rooms you were checked into and the temperature of the pool. I have shared your review with our staff to make sure an incident like this does not happen again.
I am happy to hear that the beds were comfortable and the rooms were nice after the long ordeal that happened.
I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this one is by far the best!
From check in to check out everything was great!
I even came outside in the morning to see the manager scraping off the ice of the cars!
Great hotel and I will always stay there when I drive to Indianapolis.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank William C
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for the kind words you expressed about your stay with us.
I am glad that everything went great throughout your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The best staff I have seen . The branch manager Tiffany has built a awsome crew . Everyone there was very nice and professional . I have stayed at some very costly hotels not naming names and this clean,affordable and personable hotel is the best yet . This is a hotel to drive out of your way for. I enjoyed my stay . It was just like home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for the kind words you wrote about the staff and your stay at Comfort Suites.
I am glad that you found everyone nice and professional. We make it our own personal goal to make sure every guest is treated as if they were at home.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

After check in headed upstairs to our 3rd floor room. As soon as we got off the elevator I knew we had a problem. I could yelling and screams of laughter coming from more than one room. We have a baby so we needed some quiet. We went in our room and could almost feel the party next door. I went down to the front desk and explained to Jacob the situation. He reached for the phone and said I'll take care of it. I asked if we could just change rooms instead. He immediately said sure and moved us. I was so relieved. Thanks a bunch Jacob! We got a great nights sleep. Breakfast was also tasty. They had blueberry waffles.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank HjstepTN
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay with us.
I apologize for the noise that you experienced from the rooms. I am glad that Jacob handled the situation and the rest of your stay pleasant. He is a great asset to our staff and it is wonderful that he was helpful to you.
I also shared your review with the breakfast staff and they are delighted that you enjoyed breakfast.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every time I am in Indy and it's always been an awesome stay. I am usually here every month on business. The last 2 times I have been here they have upgraded my room, which is an awesome change from my normal room at other places. The staff is always very friendly and smiling. They even know me by name. A special shout out to Tiffany, the manager, who is always very accommodating and is always in a good mood. She even asked me about my 3 month old baby at home which is very sweet!

As always I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron H
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Indianapolis, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hi Aaron,
Thank you for the kind words you have said about our hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us every month.
The staff is a great asset to the hotel and I’m glad they make your stay awesome.
We look forward to seeing you on your trip to Indy next month.
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Made a two-night reservation a month in advance to attend a music event and do some sightseeing. Arrived at about 10 pm to check in and were told that the hotel had overbooked and they had no room for us. They sent us to another hotel instead. For our trouble, the manager left us a note saying we would be entitled to a free night stay in the future. Not very helpful, since we live out of state and have no plans to return to Indy in the foreseeable future. A free night at the other hotel THAT NIGHT would have been a more sincere apology.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OnTheRoadAgain56
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to comment on your recent experience at Comfort Suites.
I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had in our hotel.
I would like to discuss what we can do to make this experience better, if you could please email me directly at csindianapolis@midwesthospitality.com and we can discuss how to make this situation better.
Providing a positive experience is a priority.
I sincerely hope we get the opportunity to serve you in the future.