“Excellent Experience Over Long Stay With Family”

Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive
Ranked #82 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our family stayed in this hotel when our home was flooded. We were in this hotel for approximately one month. The staff at this hotel was great from the first day to the last. We cannot say enough to thank the staff for their kindness and hospitality during our stay.

We can honestly say, after having observed this hotel for such a long period of time, that it is an excellent value. The location was just right. The beds were unusually comfortable. A good breakfast was ready every morning. And we were consistently satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel.

Since we have five in our family, the spacious room we were given was especially helpful. We experienced difficulty finding a hotel that would take a family of five in this area. However, this hotel welcomed us and we appreciate it very much.

If you're looking for a good night sleep in a clean hotel that's located near I-65, this is a great choice. There are plenty of restaurants and gas stations in this corridor for travelers as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg A

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We arrived very quickly after making the reservation, and were given keys to our room. When we found the room, we were surprised to find the door ajar. On entering we discovered that the beds were stripped, but not made. We returned to the front desk, and the manager said that she would check on it. She returned a short time later and said that housekeeping would make up the room, and it would be ready in about 20 minutes. We waited for a while---not sure how long, but it was at least 20 minutes. I asked the manager if she thought the room was ready yet, and she said that she would go and check. When she returned, she said that it would be about 5 more minutes. We waited 10 minutes, and decided to just go up and check ourselves, since we weren't told that the room was ready. Housekeeping was just finishing. We settled in, happy to relax.
There were many food crumbs on the floor, which was somewhat understandable, because housekeeping was called in a hurry. When we retired for the night, I was very surprised that there was no top sheet on the bed. This was quite upsetting. I'm willing to make allowances for things not being perfect, but several missteps in a row is another matter.
We explained the situation to the manager the next morning, and he apologized profusely and took $20.00 off our bill. This hotel is very nice, and we no doubt would stay there again, hopefully with a better result.

Room Tip: Reserve a room well in advance to be certain that it will be ready when you arrive.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

I want to apologize for your recent experience in our store regarding the cleanliness of your room during your recent stay at Comfort Suites.
I have spoken with our housekeeping staff to make sure these issues are handled differently in the future.
Providing a positive experience for our guest is our number one priority at Comfort Suites.
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to communicate your concerns.
I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great place to stay. Clean rooms and very spacious. My only complaint was that we had to wait for employees to get their breakfast at the breakfast counter. Breakfast was good. We will go again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay at Comfort Suites.
I am glad you enjoyed the clean and spacious rooms. I have talked to the employees about breakfast hours and do apologize for the problems that caused you.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

With a snow storm coming on a Friday night, I decided spend the night in Indy instead of driving 100 miles in the very early morning for my Saturday class. My wife thought it was a wonderful idea and decided to join me.
We arrived about 8:30 Friday night and check in was very easy. The clerk behind the desk was very helpful and told us about all of the amenities at the hotel.
We found the room very nice and cold. I went over to the window and saw the sign on the heating unit to use the thermostat. So I raised the temp from 59 to 68 on the thermostat. Fifteen minutes later it was still 59 degrees in the room. I went back to the heater and turned the knob from fan to heat. The heat started coming out right away.
The next morning we went down for breakfast at 7:00. The attended had everything was already laid out and the coffee ready. Breakfast was everything we expected.
My wife took me to class and came back to the hotel. She checked with the front desk on when check out time was. She was told noon.
At 9:30 the maid let herself into our room while my wife was in the bathroom. The maid did excuse herself for bothering my wife and left.
When my wife checked out, the clerk asked the person in the front of the line if everything was alright. The person told the clerk that everything was fine, except the room was cold.
This is a really nice hotel, but I will be back when it is warmer outside.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rwdw
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay at Comfort Suites.
I would like to take this time to apologize for all the inconveniences you had at the hotel. I have shown your review to housekeeping and the maintenance departments to make sure these problems are resolved.
Providing a positive customer experience is a priority and I would like to thank you for communicating your concerns.
Please email me directly so we can discuss this matter.
csindianapolis@midwesthospitality.com

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stay at this hotel every month for business meetings in Indianapolis. This hotel is one of the best in the area. The staff is great and the rooms are always comfortable and clean. I will never stay at a different hotel in Indianapolis.
I usually don't write reviews online, but my last stay I had a card on my windshield that the staff washed my car window, and I had to write something.

Room Tip: If you ask for an upgrade they will usually give it to you. 121 is great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan W
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments you express about your stays with us.
I am glad to hear that they staff is always great, and that you find the rooms comfortable and clean.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here for a Colts NFL game and wanted to stay a bit away from the game crowd.

There were some "problems" with this hotel, but the front desk people were VERY accommodating on trying to help us. The bed was comfortable (firm but soft) with various pillows to choose from. However, the walls seemed thin. We were next to someone who came in at 3 a.m. and proceeded to turn on the TV loudly, open/close drawers, etc. for the next hour or so! The next day I mentioned it to the front desk person, and she moved us to a different floor and a room with no-one next to it. We were very grateful because that first night was miserable!

The other negative was the free wifi...it was VERY "hit-or-miss". It often said it couldn't find the internet. The clerk downstairs said it might be our computer (Mac) or using "Safari" and he "reset the router". Once he did that, our computer "found" the internet but only managed to stay on for a half-hour or so. We kept restarting our computer in order for it to work for a bit, but it was really a pain-in-the-rearend! We need internet access on our trips, so really, this motel needs to upgrade its router/server/whatever so that it works on both Macs and PCs or different browsers. We stay at Choice Hotels a lot and most of them have great free wifi, so I knows it's possible....

They have a sign on their desk, that their staff "washes your car windshield" during your stay so you have a safe drive to your destination. I don't know when they did it, but our car windshield was clean every morning!

One further note....this hotel is a few miles from a large shopping mall (Greenwood Park Mall off County Road) which has (it seems) almost every restaurant known to mankind! lol. Seriously, lots of meal choices!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I apologize that your first night was miserable and that the WI-FI was hit or miss, but I am glad that the front desk was able to move your room and make it more enjoyable.
I am glad that you enjoyed having your windshield washed in the morning by the staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We checked into this hotel this past Saturday at about 9pm. I picked it out based off of the reviews on here and there gov't discount. When we got to our rooms they were both dirty from the previous night. I went to the front desk and the next room we were moved too had people in it, then next room had a horrible smell in it. We finally went back to our original rooms and the employee agreed to clean them. We waited for 45 minutes, my wife took the kids to the pool to keep them occupied, it was freezing cold and not even suitable to swim in. So we had a total of 5 small children standing around b/c the beds were dirty and the bathrooms were filthy. Finally the front desk employee came and personally cleaned our rooms, comped us, and gave us an additional free stay.

I will say that he tried to make it right and was very apologetic. The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were nice.

It was just unfortunate that after a long day, we had to go through this ordeal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dubentz
General M, Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites.
I want to apologize for your recent experience in the hotel regarding the cleanliness of the rooms you were checked into and the temperature of the pool. I have shared your review with our staff to make sure an incident like this does not happen again.
I am happy to hear that the beds were comfortable and the rooms were nice after the long ordeal that happened.
I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.