“Great stay at comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive
Ranked #89 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived on a Monday. We were a little early, but they let us check in. The people at the front desk welcomed us and the lobby smelled fantastic. This Hotel has a heated indoor pool. A snack and drink area and a work out room. We enjoyed the pool area very much. It is also conveniently located to restaurants and stores. Our room was very clean. We had a Queen suite. It had two queen size beds and a pull out couch. There was a mini fridge and a microwave. This property is in a very safe location. The parking lot is well lit. Check in and Check out was quick. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tishyoung

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed only one night and made a reservation a week in advance. When my family of four (including 2 young children) arrived at 5:30 pm, we were told that the housekeeper didn't clean all the rooms she was supposed to so there wasn't a room ready for us with 2 beds. Well, we couldn't all cram ourselves into one king-size bed, so we had to wait an additional 45 minutes while the desk clerk and someone else cleaned a room for us that had 2 beds. While we waited, we splashed around in the pool. It was supposed to be heated, but it was very, very cold. After about an hour, my kids were shivering and my 2-year-old's lips were actually turning blue so we had to get out. There were no towels on the towel cart so I had to walk to the front desk in my wet swimsuit and ask for some. I had also asked the woman at the front desk about the temperature, and she did check on it, saying it was set at 80 degrees, but I could see she was overwhelmed and wasn't able or willing to address it right then. When we did get to our room, it was pretty nice, however. The beds were comfy, and although I had my doubts about cleanliness due to the last-minute cleaning, it seemed fine. We did have to have our key cards reprogrammed because we were unable to get back into our room when we returned from dinner. The trouble came when the front desk called our room at 2:50 am to ask if we were actually in the room. Huh?? The clerk said, "We don't show you as being in that room." Well, there we were, sound asleep in it until the phone woke us all up. Apparently, there was some kind of computer problem that could only be fixed by calling everyone at 3 am. I got the feeling that there were very few people working at this hotel, that the chain was trying a little too hard to cut corners with their staff. It was a nice room, but I'll try another hotel next time we're in town. We don't stay in hotels very often, so I'd like a little more attention to detail.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked the room for 2 nights. Did a lot of activities like hiking, sight seeing, etc., so needed room cleaned and fresh towels after first night. No one had cleaned by 1 PM so I told front desk lady we wanted cleaned. She said they were running behind as 2 employees didn't show up. Back at 5 PM and still room not cleaned. Went to desk again and was told it would be done. We went to a Brown County Park for evening and returned at 10:30 PM to a non cleaned room. No towels. Trash in cans from previous evening and current day. I went to front desk and asked for a different clean room and none available. Asked for clean towels at least. Front desk lady had only 2 and explained towels were washed but not dried. So we slept there as too late to leave. Photos attached. Do not recommend unless new management or something. Very bad experience. Front desk ladies nice but the service was out of their control. Very poor management. We were given $25 credit off our $225 bill.

Room Tip: I have nothing good to recommend. Overwhelmed with no cleaning of our room as we requested two time...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vpoynter1010
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I would like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond to offer our guests a comfortable stay with positive memories. I regret that we missed our opportunity during your recent stay.
I apologize that your room was not cleaned when after you left for the day and that it still was not cleaned after you asked. I can assure you that situations like this are a rarity, and that I will be following up with the team to ensure that this does not happen again.
I appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention and I sincerely hope that you’ll give us another chance should you return to the Indianapolis area. If you do decided to come back please let me know prior at: gm.in235@choicehotels.com.
Please feel free to contact me so we can discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here two years ago while visiting relatives in Indy. I was very satisfied with the stay so decided to return and was not disappointed. This hotel is very clean, quite and comfortable. I was impressed the first time and ditto the second time. This inn is a cut above the other Comfort Inns I have stayed in. Particularly like their beds and bedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Their breakfast is just the average fare for continental eating. I recommend this hotel highly…again.

Room Tip: Have stayed twice, once on the front side and once on the back side and they were both quite and com...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curt P

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review about your recent stay.
I am glad to hear that you had such a great stay with us the first time and decided to stay with us again. We love hearing that the staff was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our beds!
We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Indianapolis!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here a year ago and decided to stay again. Second visit was as good as the first. Convenient location, wonderful staff, big rooms. Very easy and comfortable. And breakfast was pretty good, too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank explorerfun
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed two nights (4 adults and a toddler). The room accommodated us quite well. It was nice having a small frig and microwave (especially with the toddler). Rooms and hallways were clean and pleasant. Sheets and pillows were quite nice. We played in the indoor swimming pool both evenings of our stay ... very nice (appreciate having towels provided at the pool area). We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast both mornings. We would definitely stay at this hotel when we visit Indianapolis in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for the kind words that you expressed about your recent stay at Comfort Suites.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the room and all the amenities.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our family stayed in this hotel when our home was flooded. We were in this hotel for approximately one month. The staff at this hotel was great from the first day to the last. We cannot say enough to thank the staff for their kindness and hospitality during our stay.

We can honestly say, after having observed this hotel for such a long period of time, that it is an excellent value. The location was just right. The beds were unusually comfortable. A good breakfast was ready every morning. And we were consistently satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel.

Since we have five in our family, the spacious room we were given was especially helpful. We experienced difficulty finding a hotel that would take a family of five in this area. However, this hotel welcomed us and we appreciate it very much.

If you're looking for a good night sleep in a clean hotel that's located near I-65, this is a great choice. There are plenty of restaurants and gas stations in this corridor for travelers as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family