“Don't ever stay here!”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #105 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Never. Ever. Ever. EVER stay in Comfort Suites City Centre Hotel. We have had nothing but problems since we checked in. They had fans going so loud in the front that you couldn't hear yourself think. Then it took the front desk person 20 minutes to show up. Then we were kept up all night by our friendly room neighbors, and when we reported it, the hotel just blew us off. The restaurant was completely out of food that we were promised when we reserved the room. Not only did our room suck, but it smelled terrible, which we reported when we first checked in and were told they would "fix it when they could". Then, come to find out today, we were charged over $200 because they claimed that we smoked in the room which is the biggest lie ever because neither of us smoke and we never have. So I called the hotel and spoke to two managers, both whom were extremely rude, and then I was told that since it was already charged, it was non-refundable and then was HUNG UP ON. Furthermore, I called corporate and they proceeded to tell me there was nothing they could do unless the hotel wanted to refund the money. Absolutely terrible experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Went to this property for New Years Eve. We went running around Indy that night. Rooms were clean...propery was clean....bar was adequate place to start the party. Not loud and out of hand crowd...except for the guy in the towel taking down christmas tree. Good time will go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our room was located in a very noisy area. We called the front desk and they told us we could not be moved. We tried to stick it out but called down again and asked for a manager. There was not one on duty. We ended up checking out about an hour after checking in. While checking out, we were told we could be moved afterall but we chose to leave anyway. We called the manager the next day. He told us he would look into it and get back to us the next day. Three days later he still has not gotten back to us about crediting us for a night stay at a later date. I thought the hotel was nice, the location was great, but customer service is something that can make or break a hotel in a city like Indy. Consider this one broken.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our room was not ready when we arrived at 3:15 pm. As compensation for the inconvenience and delay, I asked the desk staff to comp us the $17 parking fee. This request was refused without discussion. It didn't seem like an unreasonable request to me, given the $125 (before taxes) charge for the room, and I was surprised and disappointed by the peremptory refusal. I had just about forgiven them for this, since the room itself was quiet and clean, when I came down for breakfast the next morning and found it served in the hotel bar, which was as dimly lit at 8 am as it must be at midnight. It was so dark that I could hardly tell the Cheerios from the Raisin Bran. As someone who enjoys reading the paper while I eat breakfast, the lack of light was aggravating and the atmosphere in the room depressing. If they don't have a bright, sunny space in which to serve breakfast, they should at least invest in some lighting that could be turned up during the breakfast hour. I'm really not that hard to please when it comes to hotels, but I wouldn't return to Comfort Suites City Centre, or recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have two rooms for 4 nights each for which we paid for. A week later we get three MORE charges totaling over $3000. Manager tells me it was a "posting error" and assured me that all three charges had been refunded within minutes. Well, banks will charge cards but take their time refunding even if it's done immediately. Now we are still stuck with about $350 in charges that are not correct and having to spend time trying to resolve with the poorly communicative manager. After staying here multiple times I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The location of this hotel was great if I was going to an event at Lucas Stadium...but this was just a get away trip for me the weekend of Labor Day. And "trust" me I will never stay at this hotel again ..unless it is the only hotel left to stay in. There were no resturants no where close to this hotel. "Had no "cook" on duty the whole 3 days I stayed. Only in the morning!! I had to get my family members who leave in Indy to come and take me out to eat or bring me food.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of food to cook yourself!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Before we left for the trip, I had problem after problem with the reservation agents. They said our reservation was cancelled and didn't add names to the room like I requested so check-in was a nightmare. Worst of all they were extremely RUDE! When we checked in, we were told that the rate that we had a WRITTEN receipt for was not the rate we would actually receive. They had no record that I had ever called when I called 3 times! The reservation agents said that they couldn't help because the hotels are all independently owned. We had trouble with the internet. We had a weird smell in our room. We didn't know what rate we were actually paying. And, they didn't have enough breakfast for all of the people staying. If you are staying for one night, maybe for a ball game, it may not be horrible but be careful because they can and will change your rate. By the time we checked out, I was quoted 5 or 6 different rates by the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business