“DIS IS IT!”

Ranked #63 of 2,409 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Slippery Noodle Inn, Indiana's oldest bar, and home of the Blues in Indiana features live local, regional and national Blues 7 nights a week. Two bands are featured every Friday and Saturday night on two separate stages - Music starts at 8:30pm and goes non-stop until morning. The Noodle also features a full service menu serving until the wee hours of the morning. Open for lunch Monday - Friday. IN RECENT HISTORY THE "NOODLE" HAS HAD ITS CLAIM TO FAME 2015, Big City Rhythm & Blues, The Noodle is at the top of our list of nightclubs 2014, Tripadvisor, Certificate of Excellence Winner 2013, Indianapolis Monthly, a blues mecca and Indiana's most famous nightspot 2012, Fanzooloo, One of the Top 5 Sports Bars in the Country 2011, The Chive, One of the Top 25 Sports Bars in the Country 2003, KBA (Blues Foundation's Keeping the Blues Alive) Blues Club of the Year 1996, BLUES REVUE, 1 of the Top 20 Blues Venues nationally 1996, The Governors Award for Excellence in Recycling Live From the Slippery Noodle Inn 50th Anniversary 3-CD set has now been released. Recorded in celebration of the Slippery Noodle Inn being in the Yeagy family for 50 years. This 3 disc set includes 25 artist and almost 4 hours of live recordings.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The greatest blues bar ever. Awesome location, great food, FANTASTIC music and simply the best server in the history of mankind Morgan to take care of us. If you go to Indy, you have to go to the bar. While he was still a Colt, Payton Manning would stop by after every home game and sing "Rocky Top" on stage with the band. Yes, it's that kind of a place. Ruuuuuuuudy!

1  Thank domino_college

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Coming here for a late night drink, we were impressed by the vibe of what is billed as the "Oldest Bar in Indiana." The atmosphere here is great, and I'd almost describe this place as a "dive bar." You wouldn't come here for an upscale meal, but you'd come here for the great live music, beer, and to get the true feel of Indianapolis.

1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I just recently visited here with work colleagues. We had a party of about 10. The servers were of no help trying to find a table that would accommodate the 10 of us. When we asked if we could push two tables together, they said no but didn't offer any suggestions. The food is basic. The beer is good. The music was great. I left being a little surprised that the wait staff weren't friendlier given that we were in the Midwest. However, I did love the building and would probably go back.

1  Thank sarahbethe
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I live in southern Indiana. And I have a friend who is in a blues band. When he plays at the Slippery Noodle I enjoy making the trip to see him.
I love the old building. The food is great. And the blues are fantastic!
I would highly recommend the Slippery Noodle for a fun filled evening!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was staying in Indy for a few nights and was keen to see some good blues. As it happened, there was a band that flew with me from. LA to Indy and they were playing at the Slippery Noodle. The bans was fantastic and so was the hotel. I didn't eat there but the drinks were good and the service outstanding. It's a short walk from the city centre but I would recommend it to people who love blues music.