“Extraordinary Hospitality”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North
Ranked #36 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife, son and I stayed at Embassy Suites for four days when power to our Indianapolis home went out during the minus 13 degree weather week. Ugh! We were very stressed out about the loss of power and possible related damage and we needed a place to stay. The staff at Embassy Suites welcomed us like we were family members coming into their personal homes. Our first impression was of Debbie Flemming/Little at the front desk, who made us feel special and welcome. Our room was clean, comfortable, quiet and warm. Nina, a young high school student, served us meals in the hotel restaurant and was very attentive. Sarah R. is the Banquet Manager and she ensured that breakfast was available every morning and that hors d'ouvres and cocktails were set out each evening. Like "stranded travelers", we sincerely appreciated the caring, helpful attitude of every Embassy Suites staff member. At the end of our stay, when we checked out, I remarked to Debbie at the front desk about the extraordinary culture of guest service that we had enjoyed. Her response made it clear that this comes from the top and does not happen by accident at this particular hotel. She said how happy and enthusiastic she was to be affiliated with the hotel. And she described Mark Parnella, the Hotel Manager, in glowing terms as a boss who was never afraid to step in and do others' work, whether in the restaurant, housekeeping, or even shoveling the snow off associates' cars late at night after extra hours of work. I do not make a practice of filling out surveys or writing reviews, However, our positive experience at this Embassy Suites location was so extraordinary that I thought I'd post this favorable feedback. I hope we never lose power again, but, if we do, we will certainly return to the Embassy Suites North in Indianapolis. The entire staff there work as a team, and they certainly have something special figured out! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Great hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Restaurants nearby, and staff very helpful. Complimentary breakfast is great! Desk in room very helpful for finishing up work related projects. Nightly drinks and snacks greatly appreciated by all.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Choosing between Embassy Suites and Best Western, we chose Embassy due to past experience. Cost was $100 more per night but we were told it was a superior room, recently remodeled, nicer amenities, etc. Room was not remodeled, a little aged, cigarette burns in furniture, etc. Spacious yes, but not worth the price difference due to missing amenities. A full breakfast was great as usual and staff was kind. Figuring out what I had reserved vs. paid for, was not.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ashley L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

We are truly apologetic that you did not enjoy your time with us here at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North. We would like to thank you for taking the time to express your feelings during your time here with us. I would like to inform you that since your time here at the hotel we have renovated all of our guests suites and will start a full atrium renovation in Dec 2016. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future and hopefully you will consider staying with us again. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance on your next travels to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The only 2 problems that I encountered during my 4 day stay was that the ice machines didn't work on every floor and secondly each room did not have a safe. Otherwise my stay was excellent. Morning breakfast cooked by Lassandra was excellent, the staff was always friendly. The Hotel shuttle was always fun when Ms. Debbie was driving. I would go back again!!!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel. The staff is amazingly friendly and are obviously there to make your stay wonderful. But, I have to say, that the complementary breakfast is the best. There are a multitude of choices for whatever your eating tastes are. The omelets (and lets not forget the french toast) are cooked and served with a smile by an amazing cook. Lassandra not only cooked to order, but served it hot with a smile. She made the whole experience of my stay worthwhile. I was looking forward to going home after a long week of super cold Indy weather, but I will never forget the omelets!! Next time I get to visit Indy, This hotel will get my business and my appetite.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I spent a week in the hotel for business. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable. The staff is very friendly. I very much enjoyed the morning breakfast and the evening reception. Great compliments to Lassandra for her morning pancakes. I enjoyed chatting with her each morning as she cooked me up another stack. I routinely stay here when I am in town. If you chose to not eat dinner at the hotel restaurant, there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this Embassy Suites. The staff was friendly. Our toddler granddaughter enjoyed the pool. The pool area was warmer than all of the other Embassy Suites we have stayed at. We did have a problem with the lock on the door that couldn't be fixed at that time. They helped move us into another room and gave us a free movie to watch. We were satisfied with how they handled it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family