“Never again!!!”

Ranked #33 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
indiana
“Never again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We checked in to the hotel and fled less than an hour later.....bed bugs! I pulled back the blankets to lay down and saw a bug scamper away. We were able to catch it. We used our phones and googled images....yep the picture confirmed our creature was indeed a bed bug. I called downstairs and explained the problem. Finally someone came up. We showed him our bug and he said "yes, that is that it looks like". He went on to say we could be moved to another room. Seriously? Then he indicated that perhaps we could get a partial refund! Partial? So we packed up and went downstairs. My husband asked the group of workers just standing watching this unfold if this had happened before. One lone worker looked guilty and hung his head. One looked away. The other said a most unconvincing "no".

We left and immediately called Customer Service at Corporate Office. We had to hold the line for more than 15 minutes. It was a nightmare. Although this is not an ideal situation it could have been less unpleasant had the hotel workers been more assistive. They simply didn't care. It was as though this was not a big deal and we were boring or bothering them.

I am so grateful I had not laid down or been in that room any longer. I am now on high alert and trying to make certain my family's belongings are not contaminated.

We had stayed at this hotel a few times in the past. This time, however, will be the last time I venture to Embassy Suites.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IndianaNurse
mparnella, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our pest control company, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Mark Parnella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Lafayette, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here when we went to Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre to see Cats. It was very conveniently located to the theater. We went to the Lounge when we returned from the play. The bartender made you feel very welcome.The room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very nice. I have no complaints whatsoever. I think my family would enjoy it here, especially my grandson because of the pool..lol

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Lassandra the cook at Embassy suites was outstanding. She made the best omelet I have ever tasted and she presented it so nicely. She was fabulous and it made our stay so special. My sister and I had a great time at Embassy suites, will definitely go there again. The breakfast was outstanding, what a treat and such a great deal, large rooms, clean, and super breakfast. Thanks again Lassandra, Julie W

Room Tip: I think any room is great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The breakfast was great for being free. I especially liked the free scrambled eggs. The rooms were clean/comfortable. Further the desk chair was above my typical experience. Overall I would say it was a great business hotel. The only downside was the quality of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Washington, DC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel facilities are very nice, especially the beautiful lobby. I did not get the chance to use the gym, but it looked great. The complimentary breakfast is very convenient and the customer service is excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Wichita, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Lassandra makes outstanding omelets! We looked forward each morning of our stay to her smiling face and awesome breakfast made to order. Outstanding staff and friendly service. We will definitely stay at this hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Glen Ellyn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Breakfast - very POOR. Pancaked tasted like plastic. the worst pancakes I have ever had in my life. cannot believe they didn't kill me. omelets weren't much better and selection was poor bacon undercooked.

Every ROOM entry door is horrible. stayed with a group my room the door was bent. could only open door if handle turned up, another room had to be moved when they got locked out and the lock physically broke (and no replacements - they need to replace every door in the facility. and another of our rooms had no door lock frame just a big open hole? ) This place get -1 star for lack of good breakfast and -1 for door issues).

Elevators are the slowest on earth when hotel is full. and sometime they do not shut and keep opening.

Room Tip: maybe another hotel?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Ashley L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this review, 19 November 2016
We are truly apologetic that you did not enjoy your time with us here at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North. We would like to thank you for taking the time to express your feelings during your time here with us. I would like to inform you that since your time here at the hotel we have renovated all of our guests suites and will start a full atrium renovation in Dec 2016. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future and hopefully you will consider staying with us again. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance on your next travels to Indianapolis.