“embassy suites -indy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North
Ranked #39 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Clean, nice amenities, good food, complimentary breakfast; good service; close to eatery and interstate; rooms very large with separate living space; quality tolietries; free wi-fi in room; rooms available for business meetings; good atrium; only thing I would like is more lighting in the main living quarters (somewhat dark)...but overall good experience and stay!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ashley L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their time with us and that the service exceeded your expectations. The team and I take great pride in our service and I will be sure to share your review with them. Again, the team and I value all the feedback we receive from our guests and thank you for helping us in our efforts to continue to provide outstanding service.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Always a great way to start your day with a great omelet and warm smile. Every time I stay at this location Lassandra is very pleasant. The hotel is very clean. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ashley L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Thank you so much for your recent stay and 5 star review of your experience at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North! We really appreciate guest feedback and you seemed to mention all the aspects that we focus on for a great stay.
It's all due to a great staff that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied as you did.
Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! We hope you stop through for a visit again your next time through Indianapolis!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Embassy suites Indianapolis North in March 2014 (this is a late review, I know) and It has definitely set the bar for a lot of hotels (my boyfriend and I always refer to it as the castle). We stayed here for 4 nights and I'd have to say the staff was courteous - they greeted us every time we entered the premises and every time we were on our way out.

They have a self serve strawberry infused water dispenser in the lobby. The hotel lobby was very intimate and cozy. Sweetie (the macaw) was delightful and said hello to us. The rooms were spacious, cleaned daily, and well kept throughout our stay and both of us loved the huge window and balcony.

In the morning you can help yourself to breakfast which consists of your usual - omelette station (cooked to order), french toast (cooked to order), pancakes, bacon, breakfast sausages, toast, pastries, cereal, yogurt with fresh fruit, etc. They also boast a managers reception nightly which offers snacks (popcorn, chips and dip, etc) with Angry Orchard Hard Cider or Indy's local hoppy craft beer Sun King.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SunshineAndStarfish

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm in town for a funeral. The staff at the Embassy Suites North in Indianapolis is outstanding. Because I'm traveling with several seniors citizens, I've had to reach out to the Front Desk more than the usual traveler. Every request was always net with a smile.

Your chef Lassandra is one of the greatest assets this property has. Anyone can learn to cook. What you've provided here is a chef who listens and provides the best in food, service and attention-to-detail. She started our day and not only fed us, but encouraged a family in mourning. I may have the possibility of future business in Indianapolis--and I know where I want to stay.

Breakfast rules my life. And Lassandra rules breakfast at the Embassy Suites North in Indianapolis! People make the difference in a service industry. You have a winner in Lassandra!

Room Tip: The suites are very comfortable for three or four people.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've reviewed this hotel before, and was hugely disappointed in the stay at that time. Well, we had to be in Indy again for a night, and my husband chose this hotel. It was a huge, HUGE improvement over our previous visit.

We book a reward stay, and they did not disappoint. Lauren who worked the front desk when we checked in was awesome. The room we had wanted (king bed) was not available when we booked, but when she confirmed that we had doubles booked, I said "Unless you have a king." She jumped at the chance to move us to a king! (too many doubles booked, I guess) So we were moved to one of the meeting room king suites, which was hilarious, as the living room has a HUGE board room table in it. For booking a reward stay we also got 2 bottles of water, and a coupon for the on-site restaurant. (which we, disappointingly, didn't get a chance to visit.)

The room did not disappoint. Everything was clean, the little Juliet balcony was awesome. What a neat perk! Bed was comfortable. Our kids slept on the pull out couch, and it was fine for them. I would not be able to sleep on it, but a 4 and 6 year old don't complain about beds.

Breakfast was good. Eggs were quite moist, no one in my family would eat them, but the made to order omelets were awesome. And the staff at the breakfast area rocked, as usual. They do a great job, and deserve much praise.

I only have a couple complaints this time around:
1. The elevators are still insanely slow, and 1 broke the morning we checked out. One of the others was jerking, groaning, and quite scary to be on. What is it with Embassy elevators? I've never stayed at an Embassy with fast elevators!

2. There was a cheer or dance group that had one of the meeting rooms booked and they were playing loud music until 10pm, yelling and dancing around. I pity the people right above there, as we were on the 6th floor and could hear every single thing from that room. How about a little warning to guests that will have to hear that?

This visit was much better. I would not hesitate to stay here again, preferably not when there is a group of loud cheerleaders. :)

Room Tip: The higher the better to get away from noise of atrium and meeting rooms. Try to get one with a balc...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Embassy Suites are my favorite Hilton properties due to the ambiance of the open areas and the spacious rooms. Of all the ones I stay in across the country this is one of the more dated and in need of some updates. That is the only slight criticism I could muster! The staff is truly exceptional and engaging. I was here for the Indy 500 festivities and used my Hilton Points and was clearly treated like a diamond with a high floor near an elevator room as was my request. I was given a room in a quiet alcove area on the 8th floor so very quiet. The staff at the front desk morning breakfast and manager's reception were all very nice and engaging and even Jewell on the maintenance side is friendly as can be and is the epitome of whistle while you work. So the hotel could probably use a little sprucing up as can many but the staff is top drawer and that's the memory I'll keep! Highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictoryVisionTim
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The breakfast staff was so nice and enjoyable to be around each day I was there for 2 weeks for business. Lassandra was the cook made to order eggs, pancakes, etc and she was so nice each day and great personality. I looked forward to her daily smile and great customer service. She needs a raise.

The wait staff lady Rhoda was also the daily person i saw each morning helping us with our dishes and very polite and respectful. It was great to be around such wonderful pleasant staff. I look forward to staying with you possibly in the near future for future business. Your hotel will be my first choice. Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent