“Turned our business trip into a vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
St. Louis, MO
“Turned our business trip into a vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

In the past, when my husband and I came to Indianapolis on family business, we stayed at the Hampton Inn on Meridian Street in Carmel. It's a well run property that affords easy access to where we need to go. This time, we decided to stay downtown and attempt to blend business with some pleasure. We certainly made the right decision. The Hampton Inn Downtown is in a historic building that has been renovated for comfort, but has kept much of it's charm. The desk staff, including Kyle who checked us in, was friendly and efficient. Our room was a two bedroom suite in the corner of the building, and proved to be perfect. The rooms were large and nicely appointed with windows looking out over the skyline in two directions. Our bathroom was huge for a city hotel. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed very comfortable. Upon arrival we learned that the Bands of America high school marching band competition was being held that weekend and bands would be in residence at the hotel. We were amazed that we were never disturbed by noise of any kind. Breakfast is served is a large lounge on the second floor. It is large enough to seat a crowd, but the columns around the room not only break the room into smaller appearing spaces but also absorbs the sound, making breakfast a pleasant experience. We were dismayed at first to learn that all parking is valet, as we aren't normally fans of valet parking. Jeff and Bart, two of our valets were so professional and friendly that we enjoyed seeing them and felt at ease leaving them with our car. Outside of the hotel, you have the entire downtown array of stores, museums, and restaurants within a few blocks. We enjoyed our stay so much that today I made reservations for our next trip to Indianapolis in February.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank loveadventure4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Chicago Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently and felt it was a good solid hotel and a good value for the money. The rooms were clean and spacious and very comfortable. What impressed me the most was the quality of the service-everyone, from the valet parker to the check in people to the people in the breakfast room, were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Sumgait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights in early October and I was totally impressed, the reception staff was very friendly, would always ask how they could help me. One of the best hotels I have been to during my stay in the USA, maybe the only one that did not any flaws at all.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel is caosy not too big and not too small. The room size was excellent there was space enough to accomodate our 4 bags and still had some room. The viewis not bad however, you are not staying at the hotel rooms all the time. The breakfast is great and has all you need for a healthy various hot and cold breakfast. Internet connection extremely fast and accessible. The staff members were extremely nice and plesant. They were very helpful and gave us some helpful advice. I loved being there and would defenitely choose this place every time I am visiting Indianapolis. Also so close to many restaurants, to the circle center mall, to monument center. Also very easy to get a cab the hotel can help you do that.

Room Tip: As far as I saw all rooms were nice and tidy. Maybe they should check if there is any room that is...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

As a Hilton Rewards Member I expected better treatment than I received this past weekend at this downtown hotel. I traveled to Indy this past weekend to run in the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. When I booked my stay, I was guaranteed the special "Marathon" rate. Upon checkout, I was not given this rate and had to call the front desk to make the changes and credit my account. I was not offered a receipt upon checkout, did not receive a paper receipt under my door and was told if I wanted a receipt of my stay, I could come down to the front desk and retrieve my own copy.

Upon check-in, my party and I were told that check-out time the following morning would be at 11am. When I asked if I could have a noon check-out due to the Marathon start time, I was told, "No"...that it was a busy weekend...and was promptly told, "Thank you" and was hung up on. For a hotel chosen by the race event coordinators, the Hampton Inn front desk staff made our stay a very rushed, hectic one. Next time I choose to stay downtown, I will make a wiser choice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Hello Illini9799,

First, thanks for the feedback from your stay. It's helpful for me and our entire team to receive input from guests regarding their visit. I want to apologize that we didn't make your stay 100% satisfactory. Our goal is to have every guest leave completely happy with our hotel and the level of customer service received.

We are sorry your recent stay during the monumental marathon was not as what you expected to receive, nor is it the norm of our service standard. I appreciate your feedback in allowing us to address the concerns you experienced with our front desk staff. It is our goal that each and every guest receives the highest level of satisfaction.

Once again, thanks for your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to deliver the service level we are known for on you next trip to Indianapolis. Please let me know how I can assist with making a better impression should you choose to stay with us again. I promise to make the next stay a great one.

Take Care,
GM
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were in town for the Dolphins/Colts game. We booked this hotel because of it's proximity to the stadium. Little did we know that it is in the heart of everything! We arrived at the hotel to find that it is right in downtown, right across from the Circle Center Mall. Right next door is the Hard Rock Cafe and there are tons of great bars and restaurants within walking distance. This hotel not only is in the heart of everything, the staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, and they have free, hot breakfast everyday. The housekeeping staff get's extra kudos for their friendliness and helpfulness. Everytime we would pass a member of housekeeping, they would make sure to say hello, ask us how our day was so far, and ask if there was anything that they could to help us as far as directions or things to do. Most hotels we've stayed at, the housekeeping staffs just keep to themselves and won't even acknowledge us. Not the case here. Wonderful, wonderful staff. Will definitely be staying here the next time we are in town. Fell in love with this city so we will be returning!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed for two nights . In the heart of downtown of Indianapolis surrounded by many attractions and restaurants. Very friendly staff . Rooms are clean and well maintained. High speed complimentary Internet. Perfect combination especially with acceptable prices. Breakfast which was part of the deal is average however serves its purpose. The lobby is so nice and overlooks two streets. It is one block circle center mall entrance.

Room Tip: Avoid parking side. Nothing to see
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family