“Very pleased with exceptional service”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Very pleased with exceptional service”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family stayed at this hotel on June 29-30th just overnight as we were there to get my daughter set up in her new apartment. The front desk associates were amazing. The woman, I can't for the life of me remember her name, but we checked in around 6:30 p.m and she was African American, I believe. She was cordial, professional, and so helpful in telling me all about the downtown Indianapolis area, as well as the area surrounding my daughter's apartment. It really made me feel so much better about leaving my daughter in a new city so far from home. The room was classic Hampton Inn, large and roomy and quite comfortable. I know some reviews say that they need to update their furnishings, but we were pleased, nonetheless. The only things we didn't care for were 1) valet parking. I know most downtown hotels do it, but it's an added expense that quickly adds up more as you feel compelled to tip the valets every time you need your car. I can't imagine doing that for longer than an overnight stay. 2) Dining area needs more attention from the staff. They were quite busy around 9 a.m. but it didn't appear the staff could keep up with the demand. I had to remind a woman to refill the coffee cups as they were empty for quite awhile. Food was also low. Seems as though more people need to be assigned to work Sunday breakfast. Just a thought. 3) The toilet in the bathroom was so noisy it was scary the first couple of times we flushed. Seems as though there are some plumbing issues in this older building. The next time we come to visit my daughter at school we will make sure we stay here again. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room not facing the Hard Rock Cafe, LOL!
1 Thank the4chams
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I am so pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations as that is always our goal. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate you bringing up your concerns about our breakfast on Sunday morning and the toilet in yoru room. I will share this information with my team and we will work to resolve these issues. I hope everything went well with your daughter's new apartment and that she is enjoying her new home in Indianapolis! We certainly hope to see you again the next time you are in town for a visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Indianapolis
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel is great and the location is close to everything fun. The hot tub was awesome. Across from Hard Rock, The widl beaver and down the street from Dick's last resort. Loved the horse carriage rides. Hotel staff is great and valet parking makes coming and going easy

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank William M
We appreciate you sharing your candid feedback of your visit to our hotel. I’m excited to hear you were able to experience some of the great restaurants and bars we have within walking distance. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Downtown Indianapolis.
Casper
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great location if you're going to a Colts, Pacers game. Priced right with free breakfast and very comfortable beds! I really enjoyed the top floor room so ask for it if you're booking early. Hard Rock is right across the street as is the Fieldhouse where the Pacers play.

Room Tip: Coffee is free and not too bad, but have the regular coffee over the bold, it's just better (eve...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy B
I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of some of the great things Indianapolis has to offer while you were in town. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to your next stay.
Evansville, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I did like the location and the price, however, the bar accross the street could be an issue with anyone who is on the street side. Also, anyone in room 211, which is the only room next to the breakfast area, would likely be awakended around 4:30 when the breakfast is being set up.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Michael B
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. I completely understand how the bars could be a distraction to your stay. Next time you visit us please be sure to make a request with our front desk and we will do our best to place you in a quiet area of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Close to many restaurants and bars in downtown Indy. Very friendly and helpful check in staff. Clean lobby and rooms and only your room key will operate the elevators after 10PM. That is a big safety plus. Will stay here again when enjoying a night downtown for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you enjoyed all that Indianapolis has to offer and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you our way.
Elkhart, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Hampton is our favorite hotel brand, but this one is very nice and in an exceptional location with a lot of things to do within walking distance. We were attending a baseball game at the very nice Victory field but wished we had come down a day earlier to enjoy all the sights downtown Indianapolis had to offer. We had dinner at Hard Rock cafe which offered 20% off the bill for being a Hampton guess which was an added bonus.

1 Thank Donna K
I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy Victory Field and Hard Rock while you were in town. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy.
West Nyack, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I should really give this hotel only one star but because the Hampton Inn name usually does mean quality I gave it two. Fire Alarms going off, reservations mixed up and never corrected, water in the lobby, coffee took over twenty minutes to get from breakfast lounge. Still waiting for the manager to call me after a promise that I would hear from him. Now I understand the staffs attitude towards service if he is the leader.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the center of the hotel, we stayed in a corner room and the noise from passing motorc...
1 Thank SallySecNy
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I wanted to follow up on your review of our property by first thanking you for choosing our Hampton Downtown and providing us with some valuable feedback. Guest input is so important for us to continue offering quality rooms and service that is expected as a Hampton brand hotel.

I do apologize that we weren’t able to accommodate your request for a different room type at check in. We worked closely with the person who set up your room block and created reservations based on his requests. As you noticed, we are in the process of transforming our lobby area and ran into an unfortunate incident with a fire sprinkler head. This caused the alarm to go off and some water leakage in a section of the lobby. Our staff worked hard to quickly rectify this situation and we apologize for your experience. We have followed up with the contact on your reservation but would also like to speak with you directly. Please contact me at the hotel (317-261-1200) so we can ensure your satisfaction.