“Hampton for business meeting”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #17 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Hampton for business meeting”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The hotel was one that was in the convention package. Since I am a Hilton Honors member, I elected to stay there. I had an interruption in travel due to flight cancellation. Upon calling the hotel the promptly and courteously addressed this problem and didn't charge for that night. I appreciate this. The rooms were unexceptional, clean and good cooling system. My room was on the street and was quiet. Hallway noise was minimal.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Jersbikr
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. We appreciate your Hilton loyalty and hope you enjoyed your time in at the convention in Indianapolis. I’m sorry to hear you experienced a flight cancellation but I’m glad our staff was able to assist. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The location is what stood out during this stay. I was in walking distance to anything I needed downtown during my trip. Overall, the stay was good. The bed was comfortable and everyone was really friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Asher P
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time in Indianapolis and we hope to see you again soon!
Somerset, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The staff was outstanding. They took care of every concern. BUT...the building is old, was undergoing repairs, had no bar/lounge or other gathering place for guests. I wasn't all that convenient to the convention center. Elevator doors closed way to rapidly. Valet only parking was very costly but the service was quick and polite.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Paul L
Suezhn, Management Company at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the outstanding service you received at the Hampton Inn Downtown, Indianapolis. Should your travels bring you back to Indy, please stay again so that you can see first-hand the finished results of our renovation transformation. Scheduled for completion in mid-August, our upgrades include a modern make over in the lobby, and 2nd Floor dining area, both of which should provide the perfect place to gather with your colleagues to talk business or just unwind in front of one of our many HDTV flat screens. You might also enjoy visiting the bar next door at Lorenzo’s fine dining restaurant; it’s actually connected to our hotel, making it super convenient. Thanks again for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your business!
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel and it's staff were terrific! Staying due to a convention, we received a warm welcome and any issues (water in the shower too hot), were rectified immediately and with the utmost respect for our needs. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Wayne K
I am delighted to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize you ran into an issue with your shower but am pleased our staff was able to resolve this. I hope you enjoyed your convention and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our group included attendees of an international convention with delegates from several countries including Brazil. Few interpreters were available at the hotel, but the hotel staff was very flexible, patient and accommodating. Everyone felt welcomed as valued guests.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank SystemIntegrator
Thank you for sharing your experience. We enjoyed hosting your group and hope you all had a wonderful time in Indianapolis.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family stayed at this hotel on June 29-30th just overnight as we were there to get my daughter set up in her new apartment. The front desk associates were amazing. The woman, I can't for the life of me remember her name, but we checked in around 6:30 p.m and she was African American, I believe. She was cordial, professional, and so helpful in telling me all about the downtown Indianapolis area, as well as the area surrounding my daughter's apartment. It really made me feel so much better about leaving my daughter in a new city so far from home. The room was classic Hampton Inn, large and roomy and quite comfortable. I know some reviews say that they need to update their furnishings, but we were pleased, nonetheless. The only things we didn't care for were 1) valet parking. I know most downtown hotels do it, but it's an added expense that quickly adds up more as you feel compelled to tip the valets every time you need your car. I can't imagine doing that for longer than an overnight stay. 2) Dining area needs more attention from the staff. They were quite busy around 9 a.m. but it didn't appear the staff could keep up with the demand. I had to remind a woman to refill the coffee cups as they were empty for quite awhile. Food was also low. Seems as though more people need to be assigned to work Sunday breakfast. Just a thought. 3) The toilet in the bathroom was so noisy it was scary the first couple of times we flushed. Seems as though there are some plumbing issues in this older building. The next time we come to visit my daughter at school we will make sure we stay here again. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room not facing the Hard Rock Cafe, LOL!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank the4chams
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I am so pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations as that is always our goal. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate you bringing up your concerns about our breakfast on Sunday morning and the toilet in yoru room. I will share this information with my team and we will work to resolve these issues. I hope everything went well with your daughter's new apartment and that she is enjoying her new home in Indianapolis! We certainly hope to see you again the next time you are in town for a visit.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel is great and the location is close to everything fun. The hot tub was awesome. Across from Hard Rock, The widl beaver and down the street from Dick's last resort. Loved the horse carriage rides. Hotel staff is great and valet parking makes coming and going easy

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank William M
We appreciate you sharing your candid feedback of your visit to our hotel. I’m excited to hear you were able to experience some of the great restaurants and bars we have within walking distance. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Downtown Indianapolis.