Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
GreenLeadersGold level
San Jose
“stay”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed in the hotel for an extended weekend. The staff all were very friendly and helpful. In particular, Rodger went above and beyond what was needed to make my stay that much more enjoyable. Shannon in the breakfast area did a wonderful job making me feel comfortable and well fed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark F
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
We appreciate you taking time to share a review. I am so excited to hear Rodger and Shannon made you feel comfortable during your stay. I will be sure to apss this along to them and the rest of our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located close to shops, the mall, restaurants, etc. Downtown Indy is a vibrant and safe place for families, business travelers, etc. The staff at the hotel desk were very friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable. The lobby is clean and nice, but dated and no check-in/out kiosk or airline check in/boarding pass kiosk. What strikes me first is that although it's in an historic building (theres even mail chutes), the feeble attempts at updating with newer chairs and tables and decor in the lobby were done with low quality, cheap materials.

The room was clean, the tv worked, plenty of towels, linens were clean. A/C worked well and wasn't loud. However, the pillows were tiny and small, clearly dated. The carpet was old and dingy in the room and in the hallway. The hotel hallway smelled musty and old, a bit like stale beer. The shower worked well, good pressure. Vanity was quite small so it was a little hard to get ready. The closet space was odd -- small and short cabinet made it difficult to see my hanging clothes.

The most disappointing was the obvious cost-cutting measures taken in the breakfast area. Decent selection of oatmeal, cereals, juice, bread. But everything was either plastic or paper! a small paper cup for oatmeal, flimsy spoons and knives which made it hard to butter toast, the waffle irons is great but then you have to transfer it to a plastic plate, constantly cutting through the plate. It made it feel cheap and not at all what you would expect for a $140 a night hotel in downtown. Overall, the experience was like a typical cheap hotel in the airport district where they really don't care.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient and our staff friendly. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow up with the appropriate departments to resolve the issues you mentioned. The service ware we use with our breakfast is Hampton brand standard and is actually made from potatoes to be very environmentally friendly. I will pass your comments regarding this along to our Hampton brand team as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked a romance package for my wife and I. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The staff and manager went above and beyond my expatations. I thought it was a great deal for price I paid. I will highly recommend this hotel to all my family and friends!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert S
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Robert S I am so glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your warm review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked a two night stay to take care of family business in Indianapolis. We chose this particular property because we are Hilton Honors members, and the price was right. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was clean and of a good size. So many things to do and see within walking distance. The breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast - nothing special, but certainly something to start your day with. Complimentary wi-fi worked well. They only offered valet parking, no self park, but parking was $17.00 a day, which was less than most of the other downtown hotels. Will definitely stay here again when we have to travel back to Indianapolis.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback! I hope you had a great time in Indianapolis. We appreciate your Hilton loyalty and are so glad go hear you found our staff to be friendly and professional. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Indy!
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've been a regular attendee of Gen Con Indy for seen years, and my general experiences with hotels during the convention have been middling. However, my stay at the Hampton Inn this year was fantastic and by far the best experience I've had since I began attending regularly. The staff was under constant stress, and the I wouldn't wish the demands of a packed hotel full of gamers on anyone, but the staff handled things perfectly, were always cheerful, helpful, and respectful, and were quick to answer questions and offer assistance when needed. The staff also went the extra mile, offering my group use of one of their conference rooms for a last minute teleconference, and offering us storage space for our luggage when a flight delays left us in the city for three hours longer than anticipated. Their recommendations for restaurants in the area were also impeccable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Daniel T I am so excited to read your review! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love Gen Con and truly appreciate guests like you who come year after year. I am pleased to hear our staff was able to go above and beyond your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent staff - friendly and accommodating. The location was fantastic! Walked to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse (about 1 1/2 blocks). Tons of places to eat and close to shopping. Room was comfortable and very clean. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Smokie0708
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and hope you had a great town exploring Downtown Indianapolis. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our city.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff are very friendly, especially the morning staff that takes care of everyone at breakfast. No matter how busy the mornings were, they helped everyone with a smile! We have stayed here a few times, and we will return in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank january1980
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I'm so happy to hear you enjoy our friendly breakfast staff. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.