Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #18 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were able to walk to the river, sports venues and canal from here. Restaurants are plentiful. This is an older hotel but everything was clean and the staff was very accommodating. Parking is by valet but you can choose a self park nearby. We did use the valet and our car was in the lot next to the building so we could easily run out and get something from it. The breakfast is a typical Hampton Inn breakfast. On the weekend there was a football game so we are glad we got breakfast early. There was quite a line later in the morning. Be aware if you are staying there when there is a big event in town - breakfast early!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Went to the Colts game. Close walking distance to game, mall, and restaurants. Hotel was clean, and nice service staff. And pretty cheap for the area, compared to other hotels. Would definitely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

I hope you had a great time at the Colts game. Thank you for sharing your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This review is a little belated - I stayed here in May 2013 for 2 nights on a business trip. Before I arrived, I was a little bit nervous about the quality of the property. However, after I got to my room on the 8th floor, I was pleasantly surprised. I think the pictures on their website didn't do the hotel justice at all. My room looks like it's been recently renovated, and looks comparable to any Marriott or other business hotels. I had a standard double with 2 queen beds, the bathroom was spacious with a large granite counter top. I also had a small round table, it wasn't a desk but it was perfectly adequate for working on my laptop. Another pleasant suprise was that for once, the height of the chair was perfect for the height of the table! Lighting was bright and adequate for reading and working as well. The lobby was a bit dated, but kept very clean and tidy with lots of natural light.The breakfast was fine - plenty of cereal, pastries, eggs, sausage, etc, and they have a waffle press as well, although I didn't have time to try it in the mornings.
The location is pretty convenient. It's right across the street from Circle Center, which is a shopping mall. The hotel restaurant was closed for renovations when I was there, but it wasn't a problem at all, there were plenty of restaurants, shops and cafes around the area as well. Here are some highlights: I stumbled upon a wine bar called "Tastings" on Washington Street, where you can get a charge card and select any wine you like, or order wine by the glass on the menu. The wine was good, and it sure was great fun selecting the different wines. However, their food is average at best. My co-worker introduced me to St. Elmo Steakhouse a couple blocks from the hotel. Their filet mignon was awesome - and if you go there, be sure to try their signature shrimp cocktail.
All in all it was a very pleasant trip. If I were traveling to Indianapolis again, I would definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your detailed review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Indianapolis. Thank you for your patience as we worked to complete our full renovation of our first floor and second floor breakfast area. I’m excited to inform you it is now all completed and we have a beautiful new lobby, front desk, and suite shop. We will be updating our online images very soon. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Indy.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My stay was very pleasant. The staff were, without exception helpful, friendly and accomodating of requests. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast staff were on top of everything, with refills at the ready. The hotel was near shopping and lots of restaurants (with varying menus and prices). I would recommend this Hotel to anyone in town for an event at the stadium or convention center.

Room Tip: Sofa bed in room is a good idea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We are so happy to hear you found our staff accommodating and our breakfast good. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great location in downtown Indianapolis. We asked for a quiet room and got one at the end of the corridor far from the elevator, on the 9th (top) floor. It was certainly quiet, but because the building is over 100 years old, the water temps and pressure are not great. It takes a while to figure out how to get the water temp you want in the shower (it can be dangerously hot) and in the sink we never got water cold enough to drink. Otherwise, everything is fine. The building has been completely renovated, so the only visible hint of its age on the interior are the high ceilings. Everything was clean and the service was excellent. The staff seems very attentive. The breakfast was exactly what you get at every other Hampton Inn, but on the morning I ate breakfast just before the end of serving time, I appreciated the staff member coming to my table to let me know that they were about to remove all the food, in case I wanted anything else. The fitness room and business center are adequate and well-maintained.
You're paying for a downtown location, so the room charges are higher than in a suburban location but you don't get free parking. The free wifi and breakfast are still a bonus over the other, more pretentious chain hotels, though. The adjacent Italian restaurant is a pleasant spot with pretty good food, and one of the very few choices within walking distance of the hotel where your dinner conversation is not shouted down by sportscasters on a gazillion big screens.
Overall a great choice in downtown Indy.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is a stone's throw from the convention center and a major sports complex and s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. I am excited to hear you found our hotel clean and service excellent as that is always our goal. Our historic building was built in 1929 and can sometimes present the water issues you described, however, our maintenance staff works hard to correct these issues when they do occur. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Indianapolis and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff was always friendly and accommodating. The location of the hotel was convenient for so many downtown venues. My husband found the complimentary breakfast disappointing, but we enjoyed our stay and our roomy suite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank MJ67217

Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear your husband found our breakfast disappointing, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our breakfast manager. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location. I hope you had a nice visit downtown and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Enjoyed the stay in a large king room with jacuzzi. Nice street view.
The room was comfortable and nice, but didn't seem especially cozy because
it was so large. We stayed on New Year's and it was a bit loud in the halls
with our room being near the elevators.

Room Tip: If staying on a busy day or holiday, choose a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I hope you enjoyed New Year’s in Indianapolis. Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.