Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
GreenLeadersGold level
Gibson City, United States
“Great Pacers game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We only stayed one night at this hotel but was impressed on how well such an old building has been maintained. I loved the building and its character. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and able to recommend local establishments to visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank David H
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your kind words and great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed our historical building, that we take so much pride in. We also love hearing great things about our staff. I hope we'll see you soon for another great Pacer game!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Vincennes, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Problems checking in. Lady was a bit rude. My husband asked about parking and was told "it cost". We ended up parking accross street at parking garage only to find out they had valet. Rooms were clean but very small. Decided to take stairs instead of elevator, doors on stairs are only unlocked on fifth floor. Had to walk out of our way and then take elevators anyways. Was a great location...that was only good thing about it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather W
Heather, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We take all customer feedback and concerns very seriously and will take actions to make sure our staff is properly trained and to make our hotel even better. I apologize that we fell short on your expectations during this stay. I do hope you'll give the Hampton Inn another chance if you find yourself in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is the best place to stay in Indianapolis. Great hotel staff, clean rooms and well maintained. I don't really care for the city of Indianapolis. It is a cold, miserable, boring city, but if you have to go there, the downtown Hampton Inn is the place to stay. Thanks for the great service!

1 Thank Belinda S
Simon G, Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for your great review! I'm so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Next time you're in town make sure to ask our front desk staff for events or attractions in the city and MAYBE we can change your mind about Indianapolis!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is in a historic building near an indoor mall and lots of restaurants within walking distance. I can appreciate the charm of staying in an historic building as opposed to staying in a hotel that was was built as cheap and efficient as possible. The valet and girl that checked me in were amazing. That is where the positive experience ends. Below is a break down of my interactions and observations from various areas of the hotel:

I called the front desk because the batteries in my remote did not work. The person that came to my room reeked of weed. He also could not be bothered to take the ear buds out of his ears or turn down his music. The employee did come prepared with a new remote and batteries.

There was food and garbage under the desk in my room (see attached picture). The outlet by the TV was broken (see picture). There was also hair in the bathtub from the previous guest.

The Business Center computers did not function properly. One computer was broken, another did not have MS Office and the third had a trail version of MS Office that had advertisements. I was not able to print documents I needed for the next day.

At breakfast there was not oatmeal at 8:30am. When I asked for more, I head someone who appeared to be a manager say he did not want to make anymore oatmeal because breakfast was going to be over soon. The food was okay. No one stopped by my table to see if I needed anything.

I needed my giftshop charges to appear on another receipt. It took the person 10 minutes to do this. I can't imagine I was the only person to ever request this.

The bed was comfortable, the shower had good pressure and the room was quiet for being downtown. The internet was slow but the connection was stable. I may stay here again if I needed to be in the area. I might give Hampton Inn another try. I can't say for sure.

Room Tip: I always try to stay away from the elevator.
Green Features: The hotel offered to reuse your linen. Everything was disposable. I did not see any recycle bins in the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Hearing from our guests is how we learn and improve. I assure you we will address each and every one of your concerns with the appropriate department and employees. We strive to provide superior service along with comfortable and clean accommodations for all of our guests. We would love for you to give us another chance so we can show you a true Hampton Inn experience. Do not hesitate to call me directly to discuss your concerns. 317-261-1200.
Warsaw, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The girl at the desk was not welcoming and had me wait while she took a reservation. A few minutes later Samantha walked in and to my surprise remembered my name and gave me a warm welcome back! i was very pleased with her professionalism and enjoyed her interaction. I stay at this property every once in a while and Samantha is possibly one of the best employees you have!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We love hearing positive things about our employees and Samantha is definitely one of our best! I will make sure this review is passed along to her. We look forward to seeing you again!
Southern Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Another work trip where the employer picked the hotel, but this was a good one. The location is excellent. You can walk to many different restaurants and if you have the time there is a movie theatre close by and it's right across the street from the mall. You are also only one block to Banker's Life Fieldhouse if you have Pacers tickets. It would have been pretty cold to walk to Lucas Oil Stadium this week, but not so bad when the weather is warmer. The building is an older Art Deco style, so the rooms are not large, but everything was clean and well maintained. I did miss not having a refrigerator that most Hampton's have. I could hear the next door neighbors getting ready in the morning. The free breakfast was nice with different hot choices each day. I would have preferred to self-park, but valet is the only option at this location. Because of the many things that can be reached by walking I have told my employer that this is my new preferred location for staying downtown.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Simon G, Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We love hearing from our guests and we also love to be your new preferred downtown location. For your future stays just let us know you'll need a fridge and we'll make sure there is one in your room waiting for you at no extra charge!
Buckeye Lake, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Decent place, good value. Nice breakfast buffet with enough room to not be crowded. Good location for downtown activities. Staff pleasant, no issues. Unless you are staying at a true luxury hotel a hotel stay should not be memorable, it should simply "be".

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel! We know you have a lot of choices and are happy you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!