“Great assistance, clean, kind”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #19 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We were there on a busy weekend with a Colts game, several high school bands competing and other conferences. They Hampton front desk staff assisted us by moving our rooms per our requested without issue after we realized we were not located on the same floors. The rooms are clean, comfy, and quiet... even when they were totally booked. Kind and efficient valet service as well. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank holden2much
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves on our "Hamptonality" and I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope you have a wonderful New Year and that we'll see you on your next Indianapolis trip!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We are from northern Ohio and travel a great deal for our son's hockey tournaments.. Been to allot of places and locations. The stay in Indy was excellent. Hampton location is great, service was great. I believe downtown indy is the most underrated location in the Midwest. a Great stay and we highly recommend the Hampton. The also treated the players like they were adults which was very nice. I will always stay here.. All the best,
Ohio Hockey Mom...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for the great review, Lisa! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay. I, too, believe that Indy is very underrated. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We arrived on a very snow filled day and the valet parking made it easy to check in. The staff was helpful, friendly, and went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. We would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jeff W

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. We love hearing about your experiences and that you enjoyed our staff. I will pass this along so they can all enjoy reading this as well. Hopefully we will see you again if you are ever in Indy again!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very nice hotel in a perfect location. It is easy to choose this hotel chain/brand. Leave your car at the valet, everything you need in the city is just outside the hotel. Restaurants, bars, malls and of course the circle center within a few minutes of walking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kennethtravelling
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed our location and our beautiful city! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Indy!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I decided to come up to Indianapolis for New Years Eve to visit family. This was our first time staying at this particular location. As soon as we arrived valet was quick and curteous. Took our bags and escorted us inside. Upon walking into the lobby immediately we noticed how lovely it was decorated for the holidays and how CLEAN!! We were greeted warmly by the gentleman at the front desk,Kelly,who had us checked in very quickly. She recommended us try the burgers at the Hard Rock which is so convienent(they were delicious! a little too loud for our taste but it was a nice experience.) The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My husband has a bad back so this is very important to us! We were only there for 1 night but we had a great time and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are often much quieter. Any of the rooms facing into the city are sure...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We love hearing about our guests having such great experiences in our hotel and with our staff. I will pass along your kind words. I hope you and yours have an amazing new year and we hope you will stay with us when you're in town again!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown on several occasions and have always found it to be a "five" without hesitation. The location is perfect. It's an easy walk to all sports venues, as well as the best restaurants, stores, and museums. The lobby renovation is not only pretty, but makes the flow of registering guests much easier. The staff is always impressive...professional, friendly, and fast. Despite checking in during a very busy time, our clerk, Tempest, made us feel like we were the most important guests arriving. Housekeeping does an amazing job of readying rooms for early arrivals like us. (Thank you.) The only reason I could not give our visit a five was the quality of our mattress. It was too soft and had the "valleys" of overuse. Both my husband and I awoke with slightly sore backs. When the purpose of an establishment is a restful night for its guests, this trip to the Hampton fell short.

Room Tip: We love the extra space of the suites.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loveadventure4
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback. I'm sorry the comfort of your bed fell short on this stay. We strive to provide comfortable guest rooms for every guest, every stay. We always use guest feedback to learn and improve.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

What a really depressing experience I had here. First off, the property itself is fine, with nothing remarkable or too disappointing. (But there are better hotels, particularly in the Hilton chain, in downtown Indy.) If you’re not planning on having any problems with the hotel during your stay (I certainly wasn’t!), then stop reading here and book it. But if you’re worried what might happen if you do, then keep going…

The problem began after I checked my car in with the hotel’s valet staff on a Saturday. All was well until I received a phone call from the main desk on Sunday morning, around 9 AM, stating they had lost the keys to my car. Yes, the valet service lost the keys to my car. Who knows what happened to them, but the staff could not find them throughout the evening and overnight hours, and now they were going to attempt to call the local car dealership or a locksmith to find a way to fix the problem. Of course, nothing was open on a Sunday, and the effort was futile. I had plans to be in another city in the early evening and stressed that we find a way to fix this ASAP, but they couldn’t figure out what to do and the problem drug on for hours.

I discussed this in person with Mr. Ghaim, the General Manager, and he finally agreed to pay for a rental car so I could actually get on the road. During the course of the conversation, he was very concerned with the cost of a rental car, and was less concerned with my travel plans and need to get going. He even asked if I could file a claim on my own insurance policy and have my insurance pay for the rental. (I mean, seriously?) He did apologize for losing the keys, and we agreed that the hotel would pay for making new keys to the car. He then stated that he would drive the car to my residence, about an hour and 45 minutes away, on Tuesday after he had a new set of keys made. I agreed to this as a practical matter, as I just wanted them to fix the problem as quickly as possible and let me have back what was mine.

It was Tuesday before the hotel got around to actually towing the car to the dealership, and finally new keys were made later that afternoon. However, after discussing this issue with his insurance company (he was always concerned about his insurance), Mr. Ghaim said he couldn’t fulfill his original promise and that I would have to drive back to Indy to get the car. He requested that I come to the hotel on Wednesday night to pick it up. After I told him this couldn’t work for me, he then requested that I pay for the rental car for the rest of the week. Just a ridiculous, unreasonable request. I told him there was no way that was going to work, and that he would have to pay for it for the remainder of the week. That’s just one example of some of the conversations I had with the hotel staff in simply trying to get access to my car again. I felt like I was pushing a boulder up a mountain just to get them to fix a problem that they created, and there was little understanding for the situation that they put me in.

Just to top off the mess, when I arrived on Saturday to pick up the car, a windshield wiper had been broken. How appropriate. They did finally agree to pay for that $10 wiper after a couple phone calls and several emails with their insurance agent.

As required by the 100% Hampton Guarantee, the hotel refunded my room and valet parking charges after I requested it. But nothing else was easy here...it was just an incredibly ridiculous experience, and I don’t recommend putting your personal property in their hands.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank BryLou
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel and for your review. I was deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us and I sincerely apologize for all you endured. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for us to have misplaced your car keys and the inconvenience you had to go though. I can assure you that your business is very important to us and I would like to have the opportunity to earn your business once again. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this further. It is always my goal to ensure our guests are completely satisfied and that all issues are resolved completely.