Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #18 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We spent a very nice weekend at this Hampton Inn. The hotel was lovely, the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very nice with ample seating. Excellent location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you Caryn, for taking the time to send us your feedback! We love hearing from our guests!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The Hampton Inn was in a great location to walk all around Indianapolis and get to many venues if you are going for a concert or sports. Complimentary breakfast was very good on our visit. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nancy, thank you so much for your review! I am so happy you enjoyed our super convenient location and our friendly staff! We hope to see you next time you're in Indy!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

have stayed in this Hampton many times over many years, but the most recent visit was just tired and uninspired. The staff seems to be trying hard, but the facility has seen better days and needs an update desperately.

Specific areas in need of attention, the breakfast room is far from comfortable, the shortage of available outlets for power and charging in the sleeping area, and just an overall dated look and feel to the guest rooms.

The lobby has been nicely appointed, and was fine for waiting for friends to meet me before heading out to see the sights, but, the entire time was sort of a drag.

Lorenzo's, the Italian place connected to the lobby was quiet good for a quick meal after checking in. The appetizer, entree, and service were all very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay. Feedback like yours helps us improve and grow! Our hotel just went through a renovation last year to provide some fresh updates to our historic building. Our goal is to provide 100% satisfaction to each guest and input like yours helps us reach that goal. We do hope you'll visit us again in the future and that we may provide some inspiration!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just a short review to say thank you to Skyla and Callista and the Hampton Inn on Meridian Street, Downtown. I was recently teaching at a conference and away from home for several days. My wife and 3 year old daughter were traveling through Indianapolis on the way to visit friends. While I was not able to get away and see them as they were traveling through, they did take advantage of the hotel room I was staying in. My daughter was able to have a great nap and my wife was able to rest after a lond day of driving. Skyla and Callista left a key at the front desk for the both of them and as I mentioned my daughter got a nap that wasn't in a car seat and my wife was able to unwind for a few hours before continuing on. Maybe not a big deal to most but it meant a great deal to us. Thank you both so much

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

TS, thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will pass along the kind words to Kalista and Skylah. I'm glad your wife and daughter had a comfortable place to rest during their travels. Next time you and your family are in town please make sure you come see us!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was in Indianapolis during a VERY busy weekend. The NCAA tournament games were going on at the same time that I and more than a thousand other women were in town for a Mary Kay Career Conference at the convention center. I usually stay at Hamptons when possible, and this one met and exceeded my expectations, even with it being so incredibly busy. The location is perfect - super close to I-70 so I didn't have to navigate a lot of a downtown I'm not familiar with; a 5-minute walk to and from the convention center where our event was being held; minutes from anything you could possibly want to eat. The staff was friendly and professional. We called down at one point for extra towels, and fully expected to wait a long time for them as it was such a busy weekend - they arrived within 15 minutes. It was one of the least expensive hotel options, and it included the awesome location and of course the free Wi-Fi and breakfast that all Hamptons offer. It also offered Valet parking for $18 a night, which seems expensive, but you're not going to find better at a downtown location - and I felt it was worth it to avoid the hassles of trying to find parking on my own, and then unloading/loading on a busy downtown street. This was my first time in Indianapolis, and I had a great time. When I come back on leisure, I would absolutely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for this terrific review Jessica! We appreciate your kind words and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay so much! That weekend was so much fun with all of the different events going on and we had so many amazing guests, like you! It was fun seeing all of the pink cadillacs in town! We hope to see you on your next trip to Indy!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Love this hotel!!! The Bankerlife Field House is right around the corner. It practically walking distance from just about everything downtown!! The staff was awesome and the place is always clean!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelew2013

Angela, thank you so much for this review! We do have the best location and staff in the city! (I'm not biased at all). I am so happy you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This Hampton Inn is in a great location in downtown Indianapolis. We were about a block from Circle Centre and lots of places to eat. The hotel is also an older building.The rooms were spacious and Hilton/Hampton did a good job of making it a quality property. Breakfast was great....cereal, pastries, eggs, coffee and juice. The parking is by valet only. There is an 18-dollar a day fee. The valet service is great. We would call and our car would be waiting for us. My only complaint was the pillows and bed were not as comfortable as at other Hiltons/Hamptons that we stay in. Overall, Good Stay!

Room Tip: Be aware that parking is valet only with in and out privelages. Call down to Valet 10 minutes before...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ALNMTRAVEL9200
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It's so great to hear when our guests have a great Hampton experience! We hope to see you many times in the future when your travels bring you to Indy!