“Best Value in the City”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #19 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you are staying in Indianapolis, this is the best value. It is near everything, and in a good part of town. We go there annually for Drum Corps events and an annual drum convention. It is a good price, and the complementary breakfast is really good. The staff are wonderful. Friendly, warm, and bend over backward to help you. Last visit there was an accident (student caused I'm sure) flooding of our carpet from a sprinkler next door and they comped most of our stay. I recommend this hotel highly. Clean, nice, and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for writing this review, Chris! I absolutely love hearing about our guests' experiences at our hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our pretty amazing staff (I think they're the best). We love having you here and hope to see you next year for Drum Corps!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stay there on the 3 to tha 5th of july I found that my stay @ this hotel was very good I would like 2 say I will tell my friends if that need a nice claen hotel 2 stay @ n the city 2 go 2 Hampton inn my room was lovely claen and I will b goin bak there 2 stay when ever I,m n the city of lndianapolis ....pice was very nice too for the time I was there .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for this great review! I'm so happy you had such a great experience and we look forward to having you here next time you are in Indianapolis!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed in the room with the king size bed. There was plenty of room. It was very clean. Electric plugs were easily accessed and there were enough for all of our electronics - we have 7 devices. The speed of the complimentary internet connection was sufficient, but not great. The bathroom was very clean! And the vanity had an open shelf that provided excellent storage but such that articles couldn't hide when we were trying to pack. Bed was excellent! Only downside was there was no refrigerator and there was a little street noise. (Which I didn't hear once the comfort of the bed took over.)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Thomas R

Thomas, thank you for this review! Our guests' feedback is invaluable to us. We always strive to provide an excellent guest experience, and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. FYI for your next visit, we do have refrigerators available upon request for our standard rooms, and the best part is they are free of charge!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Let me say there was a lot to like about this hotel... location was good, the valet parking was quick and easy, check in as well. We only stayed one night and we arrived at 3am in the morning. We asked for a late check out since we arrived so late and they easily granted it.

The room was nice, clean the beds were great! The black out windows certainly worked!

The only complaint I have is the breakfast... which is unusual for hamptons... The turkey sausage was awful (didn't seemed cooked at all, just thawed) and the eggs for rubbery and the coffee was just weak.

If I had stayed more than one day this would have been an issue, lots of other folks give their breakfast 2 thumbs up so maybe I just caught them on a bad day

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We love hearing from our guests! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, I hate to hear that you did not enjoy breakfast! I will definitely address your concerns about breakfast with our breakfast staff. We use our guests feedback to learn and improve, so thank you so much for letting us know!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

As a Hilton Honors member, I expect there to be no surprises when I check in to a Hilton property. That was not the case here: I was treated rudely and dismissively. People came in without reservations and had keys in their hands before I was given a room! I suspect it was because I was using Hilton Honors points. I guess that puts one in second-class citizen status at this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Marcia, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We take our guests' feedback very seriously and will address this immediately. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration that this experience has caused you. I do hope you will give us another chance to provide you an amazing guest experience. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything at all I can do for you. 317-261-1200.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here while attending a National Meeting at the Convention Center. The valet parking worked well. The cost is $18/day (in and out privileges) and there is no self-parking at this hotel, but I have stayed downtown in other major cities, and $18 is actually a bargain. Even some hotels in the area were charging at least $25 for their parking. If you need your car, all you have to do is call the valet desk and ask them to have your car ready by X time of day and it will be waiting for you when you step off the elevator.

I arrived a little before 1pm and my room was ready, so I was able to check-in and get unpacked before heading to the convention center. The Convention Center is approximately 3 blocks straight up the street. There are close to 20 restaurants within a five minute walk, including the ones inside the Circle Centre Mall. In addition to being close to all of these places, Banker's Life Fieldhouse is literally right around the corner (1 block away) and Lucas Oil Stadium is approximately a 10 minute walk as well. Because of the location alone, I definitely would stay at the Hampton Inn again, but the Hampton is more than just valets and location.

All of the employees are very pleasant. The hotel is in an older building but was well-kept. I actually liked the architecture and hotel atmosphere. I had a room with a king bed. The room was comfortable and the wifi worked just fine. The only disappointment was the breakfast. There weren't many healthy eating choices besides a little bit of fruit and a small box of cereal. There wasn't any light yogurt and the fruit was not very fresh (over ripe and warm, not kept cold).

Finally, I want to talk about the value. I stayed at a Hampton Inn in a small town on my way to Indianapolis and it cost over $150 for a plain room with out of date furniture and a very small bathroom. Wow was I surprised when I saw how nice the room was and then saw the room charge per night. It is definitely one of the best hotel values I have experienced, especially in a downtown area.

In summary, this hotel is in a great location, provides a comfortable room at a great value, and has very friendly staff members. As I said earlier in this review, I would definitely stay here again if my travels every bring me back to Indy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jeannie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Wow, thank you for such a great review! Hearing guest feedback and experiences helps us grow. I'm so glad you enjoyed our amazing location and our friendly staff. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you have a chance to visit downtown Indianapolis stay at this hotel . The hotel is really nice and everyone was friendly . The only minor irritant is that we had quite a bit of luggage and we thought the valet would help but he did not. The hotel is central located and except for that minor situation I will stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank union306

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We love hearing guest feedback and utilize it as training opportunities for us and our staff. We do hope to see you next time you are in Indianapolis!