“A great place like home away from home.”
Review of Indy Hostel

Indy Hostel
Wise, Virginia, United States
“A great place like home away from home.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my 5th visit to the Indy Hostel and each and every time I have enjoyed the heck out of it. A very clean and relaxing place to stay. Wonderful and friendly staff. I have met people from all over the world and keep in touch with some I have met through e-mail. The Indy Offers a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Fred B
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
5th visit and hopefully coming back for more. Thank you again for the review. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was a very nice stay. We were there to attend an event in town and stayed for two nights, so we did not have time to interact much with the other guests and staff. But everybody was very friendly. My husband and I stayed in a private room with a private bathroom. We had no concerns. There are some details that could make a difference for other people though. The bathroom is small and has a curtain instead of a door (no privacy if you need.). The room has two windows with blinds but no curtains, in case you wake up with the day light. In our case we had to wake up early anyways. And the bed is a full bed size.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danclei S
Assen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Indy Hostel is a marvelous place to explore Indianapolis. As a Dutch I had to do this by bicycle and the trails in Indy are great. Hostel service is excellent and the people are awesome. Whenever I will visit the DCI World Championships again in Indy, I know where to stay. So, five stars for the Indy Hostel. Of course, it´s not a hotel, but it doesn´t have the price of a hotel either.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PeterDCI
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the IndyHostel with our two children, aged 4 years old and 13 months old. Everything, from the bathroom to the linens to the common areas, was clean and pleasant. The staff was attentive and helpful. My husband and I stayed in a few hostels in Europe, and IndyHostel far exceeded our expectation from those experiences. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KentuckyMichigander7
Richland, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This place was perfect for what we needed. Three of us were visiting relatives who live near Broad Ripple and wanted to stay in a hotel nearby. The problem was all of the hotels I could find were along the outside of the city (where the interstates run), so after some research we found this place, only a few blocks away from my family. We knew we would have a late check in, so we went over ahead of time to feel it out and see where our beds would be. When I went to pay, they said they had a cancellation in one of the private rooms upstairs (we originally had three bunk beds reserved downstairs, which would have worked just fine), and they upgraded us to the private room for the same price as the original reservation. It was a very pleasant sunrise and very appreciated. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about private rooms, even if they are all booked up. They may become available and they have an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth J
Snowmass Village, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I had a great time staying at the Indy Hostel on my way driving from NY to Colorado. I have stayed at a lot of hostels in the past and have always had good experiences but this one was especially great. I felt like I was staying at a close friends house at the Indy Hostel. I planned to stay one night but I ended up staying two because I was having such a great time exploring Indy. On my first night there Addison took another hostel guest and I to a really fun show within walking distance of the hostel and I got a taste of the local music scene in Indy. After we went back to the hostel and hung out with some people we met at the show in the backyard and then headed to a nearby bar called the Sinking Ship. On my second day in Indy I found there was even more to explore in the nearby Broad Ripple neighborhood. I would definitely recommend staying at the Indy Hostel next time you are going to be in Indianapolis.

Stayed July 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Been travelling over the world and this is definetely one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Stayed for five nights at this great hostel which is actually like a house out in the suburbs. The enviroment is safe and relaxing and you almost don't want to leave the hostel during the day. I had a bed in the basement which was nice and cool during the night and you can rent bies cheap and go down town or to Broad Riddle to eat. The only critic I have (and the reason it isn't 5/5) would be that you kinda need to have a car here, since it is a little in the middle of nowhere. It takes about 15 min to walk to closest gas station and 20 min to closest CVS. This makes it somewhat inconvenient if you want to buy groceries for the kitchen.

One more thing to nte is that there are no lockers in the hostel but the securit of the hostel is good and it is in a safe neighbourhood so I never worried for my valuebales, but a future recommendation could be to get some lockers for the guest in the dorm rooms.

The staff is great and all are young and can give great recommendations of where to go for drinking and eating, that is if you don't just want to stay at the hostel and have a beer on the porch in great company ;).

Room Tip: The dorm beds in teh basement are great because it is nice and cool during the night, tha is where I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
We do have lockers! So sorry you missed them. They are even free to use if you have your own lock. If not, no worries we have locks for rent. Hope to see you again soon.