“Keepin' Indy Indie at The Indy Hostel”
Review of Indy Hostel

Indy Hostel
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Aloha! I just recently stayed at The Indy Hostel from July 31st-August 12th, 2014. I was picked up by hostel staff from the airport for only $45 which is cheaper than taking a taxi, so definitely opt in for that!

I was working at the fair and since it was only about a mile a walk everyday it saved me from renting a car and was also a great alternative to a hotel. It was my first hostel stay and it went smoothly. It was clean. Most of the guests and all of the hostel staff were very friendly. I worked over 100 hours in 10 days and I was able to sleep every night without being bothered or woken up.

Almost every night I got off work I was invited to go out to the bars or see live music with different guests and staff members. I went out about every other night and had a great time exploring some Indianapolis night life. I was also there for the Indy Folk Festival that was hosted in their huge backyard. The event had art, beer, music, and around 400 attendees came.

I definitely recommend this hostel for all types of visitors. I look forward to staying at The Indy Hostel the next time my work brings me to Indianapolis.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank annajustine47
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Anna, thank you so much for the nice review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and get to know us as a friend. I hope you can come visit us again but if not we will try to come visit you!

There are newer reviews for Indy Hostel

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my 5th visit to the Indy Hostel and each and every time I have enjoyed the heck out of it. A very clean and relaxing place to stay. Wonderful and friendly staff. I have met people from all over the world and keep in touch with some I have met through e-mail. The Indy Offers a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fred B

5th visit and hopefully coming back for more. Thank you again for the review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was a very nice stay. We were there to attend an event in town and stayed for two nights, so we did not have time to interact much with the other guests and staff. But everybody was very friendly. My husband and I stayed in a private room with a private bathroom. We had no concerns. There are some details that could make a difference for other people though. The bathroom is small and has a curtain instead of a door (no privacy if you need.). The room has two windows with blinds but no curtains, in case you wake up with the day light. In our case we had to wake up early anyways. And the bed is a full bed size.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danclei S
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Indy Hostel is a marvelous place to explore Indianapolis. As a Dutch I had to do this by bicycle and the trails in Indy are great. Hostel service is excellent and the people are awesome. Whenever I will visit the DCI World Championships again in Indy, I know where to stay. So, five stars for the Indy Hostel. Of course, it´s not a hotel, but it doesn´t have the price of a hotel either.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PeterDCI
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the IndyHostel with our two children, aged 4 years old and 13 months old. Everything, from the bathroom to the linens to the common areas, was clean and pleasant. The staff was attentive and helpful. My husband and I stayed in a few hostels in Europe, and IndyHostel far exceeded our expectation from those experiences. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KentuckyMichigander7
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This place was perfect for what we needed. Three of us were visiting relatives who live near Broad Ripple and wanted to stay in a hotel nearby. The problem was all of the hotels I could find were along the outside of the city (where the interstates run), so after some research we found this place, only a few blocks away from my family. We knew we would have a late check in, so we went over ahead of time to feel it out and see where our beds would be. When I went to pay, they said they had a cancellation in one of the private rooms upstairs (we originally had three bunk beds reserved downstairs, which would have worked just fine), and they upgraded us to the private room for the same price as the original reservation. It was a very pleasant sunrise and very appreciated. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about private rooms, even if they are all booked up. They may become available and they have an...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth J
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I had a great time staying at the Indy Hostel on my way driving from NY to Colorado. I have stayed at a lot of hostels in the past and have always had good experiences but this one was especially great. I felt like I was staying at a close friends house at the Indy Hostel. I planned to stay one night but I ended up staying two because I was having such a great time exploring Indy. On my first night there Addison took another hostel guest and I to a really fun show within walking distance of the hostel and I got a taste of the local music scene in Indy. After we went back to the hostel and hung out with some people we met at the show in the backyard and then headed to a nearby bar called the Sinking Ship. On my second day in Indy I found there was even more to explore in the nearby Broad Ripple neighborhood. I would definitely recommend staying at the Indy Hostel next time you are going to be in Indianapolis.

Stayed: July 2014