“Do not stay here.”

Suburban Extended Stay Northeast
Ranked #117 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Do not stay here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel charged me for 1 night as a "no show" even though I called and cancelled. When questioning a staff member about this she stated there was nothing she could do and the manager would be in Monday.....really?

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Wmsmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I spend 100 nights a year in hotels and 99% of the time it is in a Hilton property so when I was assigned a room at this extended stay I was expecting the worst and found the opposite! :) When I arrived I found that the hotel was in excellent condition, the counter staff was pleasant and helpful, and the room and common spaces were spotless. There is a kitchenette with full size refrigerator, two burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker and a dishwasher. The kitchen was stocked with dishes, silverware and also a pot and pan. The beds were very comfortable. The television left a bit to be desired, it was a lower quality 32" flat screen but served the purpose. There is a good desk with task chair. The hotel allows for pets, but there was absolutely no sign of previous pets in my room. This could be due to excellent housekeeping, or they have rooms identified for use as pet occupied rooms. There are three drawbacks to this hotel for business travelers: No in room ironing board / iron, but there is one available at the front desk which leads to the second possible issue; The front desk is not 24 hours. The third possible issue is that daily room housekeeping is not included, but is available for a fee. I was here for three nights and the room was quite. The rate is great for those on a budget.

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room opposite the expressway for summer stays if you choose to open the window...
1 Thank knhd976
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that you need to book online before 10pm or you won't get your room (even if you paid!) the reason being that the lobby isn't staffed 24hrs - only until 10pm. They put your room key in a lock box after those hours.

We were very impressed with our room, we weren't expecting anything beyond basic because of the price. The room looked newly renovated - half carpet, half wood panel floor. Very nice looking, Great new, clean bathroom. Room smelled fresh & clean. Full size fridge, microwave, stove-top & dishes. Flat screen tv. Friendly, nice staff. Great experience!

--Only complaint would be that our blanket looked old and possibly dirty - it had many cigarette-sized holes in it.

• Stayed March 2013
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I'm going to address several items here, so this is going to be long, but the tl:dr portion is "This is an excellent value for the money".

I haven't been to Indy for a trade show in some time. From the looks of this property, it must be new construction since the last time I was there It's tucked in behind a bunch of other stuff, but with a good GPS it wasn't hard to find. At least the building towers above most of the stuff it's behind. :)

Here's a note for those traveling late in the evening... this is like most extended stay places, in that the lobby is NOT open 24/7. The Choice hotels website stated that the lobby was open until 11pm... however, when I came walking in just a couple minutes after 10pm, the gal at the front desk was in the process of rolling down the window blocks. Luckily, I walked in when I did, or else I would have missed check-in. That would have been annoying.

One mistake the gal checking us in made, was that she programmed the keys for only one day out of the three we were staying there. However, I'm very happy about one thing... the guy on shift the next day, that fixed the keys for us, did NOT try to BS me with any "oh, that couldn't have been our fault, you must have left your keys where they could be struck by cosmic radiation" or some other cop-out. He just fixed the problem, apologized for the inconvenience, and did not try once to fluff it off. I appreciate that. I know people make mistakes, especially at the end of a long shift. What separates people is the ability to own a mistake and fix it without trying to make people look elsewhere. I appreciate that.

The website stated that the property had wired internet only, so I brought some CAT5 with me. Turns out that they had wireless as well. Oh well. Hey, it worked either way, so I guess I shouldn't beach much. :)

Good thing to know: The property has an elevator, and it works just fine.

One very surprising thing... I've never been to an extended stay type property that actually has an ice machine. They usually just toss a couple of empty ice trays in the freezer and tell you that you are on your own. Not only did this property have a good icemaker without any "no filling coolers" signs, but the room I got, the freezer actually had a working icemaker in it! Seriously! This was really impressive for an extended stay place!

OK, now to the rooms. Very spacious, good bathroom, decent sized toilet (not one of those "threateningly small" jobbers). The shower had good hot water and good water pressure. The towel selection was good.

Watching my bank account afterwards, the initial bill authorization was upcharged by about $10.00, and a mysterious $2.76 charge appeared as well... but once it settled down to an actual debit rather than an authorization, it was the correct amount, and the mysterious $2.76 had disappeared. OK, that works.

Overall, this was an excellent hotel experience, and I would happily do it again.

massillon, oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is a very clean and very basic hotel. I stayed for two nights as part of a work trip and my stay was comfortable. The rooms are on the smaller side, but do have a full kitchen with range, microwave, dishwasher and fridge, The hotel does not have a lot of amenities which was fine for me. It's in a great area with lots of restaurants and shopping. It was a great value for what I needed it for and would gladly stay here again while working in Indy.

Huntington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I checked in, went to my room and found tv remote didn't work, I went to office, she gave me another one, it didn't work, so I called office on the phone.She told me she would be right up, never showed. Also bad stains on carpet on 1st floor hall.
I was there 1 night, had to wait for office to open in the morning to check out

Room Tip: try to advoid a room close to the interstate
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cathy W
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The suburban extended stay is really a great value for the money. The room is very modern looking with a full kitchen. I did find the room a bit on the small side compared to other extended stay hotels like hawthorne, candelwood, and homestead and residence inns. This particular location stayed busy the entire time of my 2 1/2 week stay. There are a good mix of people staying here. I seen military,families,business people. The hotel is pet friendly. I remember seeing the hotel is a silver award winner. This hotel is within 2 miles of a mall, movies,hospital. The location is great right off the highway and sits back off 82nd St. This is my 1st stay and would stay at a suburban again.Suburban is part of wyndam and you do earn points for staying here. They do offer a weekly rate

Room Tip: floors and ceiling are thin ask for a room on a higher floor with no one above you if you don't...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business